• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that stadium. We need to get beyond what stadiums always look like. The whole retro trend in baseball set architecture back 30 years. Stadiums are great civic expenditures and need to project more than functionality

I'm with you squick. It's fucking 2014 let's get on with the future looking stuff already.

tmdorsey

Again, we should have either Peters or Babs back, hopefully the former at least. Baker is above average when healthy which so far is 1/6 seasons. Please, God, give us a franchise left tackle.

Well I think if Clowney is gone, which it's looking more and more like he will be, we probably will take that Matthews dude so you probably will get your wish.

Well, it sounds like I probably never had to do anything nearly as straining, but one thing that's still always impressive to me is how much of a difference a little bit of experience makes. Stuff that's been stressing me out becomes total routine, and it suddenly goes from being stressful to relaxing even. Of course, that only applies to jobs/tasks where the daily requirements don't change constantly.

The other thing that helps immensely for internships in particular is to remember that it is only temporary. Jobs where there's an end in sight always feel much easier to me.

I appreciate your response! It's been hard. I wish I was stronger, but I'm just stressed out right now. You are right, experience does help, except this is an internship where there are many things that are different

As for end in sight, I will keep reminding myself that. I'm just tired and frustrated....

BigAT

I wonder how Cam and Kaepernick are spending the offseason. Probably working really hard, fueled by the bitter defeat of making the playoffs but narrowly missing out on the...

BguoI2_CAAARwKq.jpg

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LOL, holy shit owned:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101236217#post101236217

Following the source link ->
From Valve

Alright, so at least they're being upfront and transparent about what is and what isn't using it, so that's good.
Of course, it would be more convenient to have a list of ones that didn't have it, as opposed to just stuff that does, but nonetheless.

So what happened in this thread is that you basically entered, declared that Steam was evil, got told that maybe you weren't really approaching this in a very reasonable way, did some further research, and then said "oh, well, maybe I overshot a little bit here".

The thing is, you just enter every single Valve or Steam thread to remind people that you don't like DRM or Steam and boycott both .Clearly you have the right to your opinion but do you maybe think you might protest too much?

Again, going DRM-free, whatever, it's your business not any of ours. But do you think maybe your dogmatism here impacts your ability to approach this subject without getting it wrong bigtime?

Goddamn, every single word links to a different post.

Patriots7

It makes sense for a Patriots fan to hate freedom. The Patriots as a team are against truth, justice, and the American Way.

They follow the Patriot Way. An ideology that represents everything wrong with this corrupt world we live in. I pray every night to live in a world where the Patriots are not universally revered by national pundits. Someday that dream will come true. Just not today.
itslikewhatleninsaid.gif

squicken

GM For A Day: New York Giants

Problem: Eli Manning eats up $20 million in cap space and is coming off a 27-interception season.

Solution: Extend Manning's contract for the right reasons.

Manning's base salary is just more than $15 million. Factor in about $4.75 million in prorated bonus money from his last contract, add a little loose change, and you get a whopper of a cap figure. Through the magic of capanomics, however, Jerry Reese can convert much of that $20 million into a signing bonus, which can then be prorated until the era of flying cars. Presto! Instant cap wiggle room, even if it sounds like the kind of high finance pursued by people who rent their home entertainment systems.

Reese should do the deal: free up some cap space, lock Eli in, and push the cap nightmare past the Coughlin retirement event horizon. But they should not do it because they think Eli will be a franchise quarterback midway through the next presidential administration. And they should not do it so they can lock up Justin Tuck and other heroes of 2011 in the name of one more Super Bowl push.

The Giants should extend Manning so they have money to pursue high-end young veteran free agents now. Their goal should be to build a new franchise foundation quickly, with Eli providing professional-grade quarterback play to keep the Giants competitive while they change direction. If Reese can build an all-new core while Eli is still near the top of his game, more power to him: in the modern NFC East, a surprise 10-6 season is always possible, and we know what the Giants like to do at the end of those. If Manning starts to slip (or if he has already started), the Giants will have a quality infrastructure in place for when they turn the reins over to a younger quarterback.

The Giants could also let Manning play out this season, make a business decision in 2015 and start with a blank salary cap slate in 2016 if Manning proves he is in steep decline. Your family accountant would approve of that strategy, but it would also hinder the Giants ability to get better over the next two seasons, so that "blank slate" could be the stuff of 3-13 records and massive rebuilding projects.

exarkun

Damn, the Texans neeeed to draft Manziel. He could be epically good, or a huuuge bust. I can't imagine an in between. But reading all the interview he gave to John McClain is giving me a boner!

I would also take Teddy Bridgewater. Dont like Bortles, fuck the Carr family, Tahj Boyd would be fine if we had a veteran he could learn from and develop under, and fuck AJ and Mettenberger (lol SEC QBs). And Murray would be ok, but the injury scares me.

If only Jameis or Mariota came out this year. : (

squicken

Damn, the Texans neeeed to draft Manziel. He could be epically good, or a huuuge bust. I can't imagine an in between. But reading all the interview he gave to John McClain is giving me a boner!

I would also take Teddy Bridgewater. Dont like Bortles, fuck the Carr family,(

All of this I agree with. Teddy is fine. I think JFF has the higher ceiling and is certainly more fun to watch but he could flame out badly

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
NFL bros, here's a new song from yours truly:
Wash - FLAC / MP3

And here's my older release for... you people that missed it:
Arterial - FLAC / MP3

Alternate links if you're too cool for free downloads: Bandcamp / iTunes / Spotify / Facebook / Amazon MP3 / Google Play

Greg, you just made my morning e-mail checks much more epic sounding. Really like Wash. Makes me feel like I'm in a sci-fi action movie and electric billboards are streaming on all sides as downtrodden people in black leather pull their collars up to shield their net-ports from the freezing rain.

exarkun

Squick, if the Texans draft Johnny (remember, hes officially trying to separate himself from the JFF persona), you can come back to Texans-gaf. Ill tell the guys to pretend you never left.

The fact that hes studying film from the entirety of O'Brien's play-calling time with the Pats is pretty redonkulous. With a former Pats player too, no less. And throwing passes while waist-deep in the sea? I have too many boners

Texans should pass on Manziel, let the Jags draft them, and have J.J. Watt end his career on his first snap.

Seriously though whenever I see him running around in college the thing that comes to my mind is what's gonna happen when a 300+lb DL lands on him.

squicken

Texans should pass on Manziel, let the Jags draft them, and have J.J. Watt end his career on his first snap.

Seriously though whenever I see him running around in college the thing that comes to my mind is what's gonna happen when a 300+lb DL lands on him.

I'd love the Texans to take JFF and Jacksonville to take Teddy. Let those two and Luck bring some life to the AFCS. But I absolutely get the concerns that his game will never translate.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck JFF. Fuck Aggies.

Also I'll say this here since I have no where else to. If Morey trades Parsons to the Celtics for Rondo... I'm so done with Houston sports.

I'll start watching Canadian teams.

Fuck JFF. Fuck Aggies.

Also I'll say this here since I have no where else to. If Morey trades Parsons to the Celtics for Rondo... I'm so done with Houston sports.

I'll start watching Canadian teams.

0 chance the Celtics would ever do this. You'd need to throw in Asik to get salaries right, and the Celtics still haven't been able to move Humphries. What the hell would they do with Asik?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
0 chance the Celtics would ever do this. You'd need to throw in Asik to get salaries right, and the Celtics still haven't been able to move Humphries. What the hell would they do with Asik?

Who knows. Just this insider who had knowledge about Howard coming to Houston is saying Rockets/Celtics are talking and Boston is giddy about Parsons and Morey is willing to trade him... which shocks the shit out of me.

I hope this is bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom