• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP 5m
From what we are hearing, the Browns will avoid Jadeveon Clowney at No. 4, even if their QB is gone.

Smoke everywhere

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-open----in-the-office-and-on-the-draft-board

"In today's day and age, if you can't get Peyton Manning or Matt Ryan, and they might not be available for the next 10 or 15 years, then you have to adapt and build the roster and do what's best for the organization," Caldwell said. "And if a quarterback presents itself later in the draft, you take and develop him. Having a franchise guy makes the world a lot easier, though. It can erase a lot of mistakes you make. But if you force it, you can screw it up. I don't know if we're going to find that guy, but I hope we do."

Before thinking this means the Jaguars won't pick a passer with the third pick, Caldwell still hasn't sat down and talked with any of the top quarterback prospects yet. There is a long way to go in the process. Passing on a quarterback could lead to backlash in a city that is starved for one.

"I'd rather get backlash from that than backlash from picking the wrong guy," Caldwell said.

Henne sounds like a real possibility -- if they can sign him.

"We have a lot of issues," Caldwell said. "We have a lot of places we need to get better. Chad did a pretty admirable job for us. He was .500 in his last eight games. It was his first year in the system. Just because he's a veteran doesn't mean you know the system. He has good leadership skills. Guys rallied around him. Our feeling is if we can upgrade the offensive line, get some playmakers, improve the running game, I think he can sustain us and be our starter until somebody presents himself."

When asked about DE Jadeveon Clowney's work ethic, South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier said, "He was OK."
Spurrier isn't doing the talented Clowney any favors as the NFL world descends on Indy for the Scouting Combine. "He was OK. It wasn't like Marcus Lattimore, you know, every player is a little different," Spurrier said. "His work habits are pretty good, they're not quite like Lattimore, maybe Stephon Gilmore, Melvin Ingram, some of those guys, but when the ball is snapped he's got something no one else has." Any concerns over Clowney will be washed away once he goes through testing at the Combine. He's expected to post freaky numbers for a man that was listed 6'6/274.
Clowney

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Its not like he's not in the kids life at all.

I know in Florida it's perfectly acceptable to knock up women and leave them, but the rest of the civilized world tends to frown on that sort of dirtbag behavior. Accept that your lord and savior is no better than the Favre's of the world and move on.

Milchjon

He just wanted to give his kid the chance to have two awesome moms and an awesome dad.

I only added those last few words cause I know you people

Dragon

Banned
Yes, we call them dirtbags for doing it to. Not good ole family men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixzYGGU5AoY

He's not the real father either, donor dad is.

tumblr_mq4h835byb1spww0ro1_250.gif

MRSA

Banned
When I was waiting tables, I waited on Bridgette Moynahan and her forgotten Brady kid.

She was a bitch and her kid was picky as fuck.

Dragon

Banned
When I was waiting tables, I waited on Bridgette Moynahan and her forgotten Brady kid.

She was a bitch and her kid was picky as fuck.

A rich kid is spoiled and a rich actress is a bitch? Damn you might as well have finished that story about waiting on Moynahan by saying you waited on her...

Neither of those QB's are worth a second. 4th at best

Both of those QB's would be better than anything on the Texans!

MechDX

A rich kid is spoiled and a rich actress is a bitch? Damn you might as well have finished that story about waiting on Moynahan by saying you waited on her...

Both of those QB's would be better than anything on the Texans!

Thank you captain obvious. Have anymore wonderful insight you would like to pull out of your ass?

Milchjon

I also waited on Nnamdi Asomugha and Kerry Washington, I asked him if he's gonna resign with the Raiders and he disappointingly said "It's up to Coach Davis"

Did you try to make it look like Nnamdi had a deadly accident in the bathroom so you could be there to console Kerry Washington?

Cause that's what you should've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom