• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

I don't know, man. I don't remember Mario or Peppers being that strong against the run on gamedays as Clowney was in college.

squicken

I agree with you completely. Do you skip a talent like that?

idk. Someone was saying it took Greg Hardy awhile for the switch to flip on, but then noted it didn't really flip until the money beckoned. Robert Quinn is a guy who always loved rushing the passer but didn't want to play the run. It wasn't until this year he put it all together. With Quinn, he always loved playing, just not all aspects of it. Hardy?

If I am Houston I try and trade down if I don't like a QB. If everyone says Clowney is transcendent than someone will move up for him. But I think Houston drafts a QB

B/R Warning--Mike Freeman's Combine Column

League sources increasingly believe the Houston Texans will take Manziel with the first pick. The organization has said very little publicly, but privately, the belief is that Houston has been quietly falling in lust with him.

e: This is a really good Combine column by Breer. Teams will takes risks on character, but effort is increasingly getting guys off boards

"The hardest thing we do is try to figure out what's in a man's heart," Seahawks GM John Schneider explained. "In the realm of scouting, the easiest things to do are the evaluations of the guys -- how he plays, what you think his future holds, how high his ceiling is, what his basement is. You can do all the work in the world, you can do every psychological test you possibly can, but at the end of the day, you don't truly know what's in a man's heart or how he's gonna react in a certain situation.
---
Likewise, Snead said two of the Rams' no-no's now are those who are unmotivated or bad teammates. The need -- not want -- to make it is vital in all these cases.

Otherwise, it's too easy to slip back into the abyss.

"The most important characteristic is grit," Carroll said. "That's the most crucial characteristic that helps somebody be successful. If they continue to hang, continue to fight -- and that's the competitiveness we're looking for -- there's always a chance they can pull it together. If you do a little homework, read up on what grit is all about, it's about persistence and resiliency, and an inner strength and belief you can get it done. That's what's most important. If guys don't have that, you can only take them so far."

MechDX

idk. Someone was saying it took Greg Hardy awhile for the switch to flip on, but then noted it didn't really flip until the money beckoned. Robert Quinn is a guy who always loved rushing the passer but didn't want to play the run. It wasn't until this year he put it all together. With Quinn, he always loved playing, just not all aspects of it. Hardy?

If I am Houston I try and trade down if I don't like a QB. If everyone says Clowney is transcendent than someone will move up for him. But I think Houston drafts a QB

B/R Warning--Mike Freeman's Combine Column
Smokescreens are working. No way in HELL Houston take Manziel. None.

dionysus

Yaldog
I got a 32, said im as smart as Phillip Rivers

Did mine while watching the Milan-Atletico game, got a 26.

Under pressure and with distractions I am as smart as this man apparently:

BPf7VC9CMAAgALv.jpg:large
Oh dear.

Colasante

Redskins tight end Fred Davis suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the substance abuse policy. Sort of a shame, two years ago I thought he'd become a decent tight end. Redskins are lucky they drafted Jordan Reed.

So if he doesn't sack the QB, block a pass, or tackle the runner every play that someone makes him not an elite prospect? What is this video supposed to show?

Edit. Sorry I am not reaching the part where it shows him making plays. So even more confused about what you are implying?

Not sure if serious? He looked like hot shit in that game as he did most of the year.

Are you talking about the play he made where Boyd ran into him for one of his 3 sacks of the year?

You can take out 25 plays from any defensive end and think they're pedestrian.

Pretty much the same all year. Worse in some games.

Zee-Row

Banned
The new Bucs logo didn't leak yet? Damn it how did they keep it under wraps well for so long? We knew the new Miami Dolphins logo months in advance.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"League sources increasingly believe the Houston Texans will take Manziel with the first pick. The organization has said very little publicly, but privately, the belief is that Houston has been quietly falling in lust with him. "

.______.

"League sources increasingly believe the Houston Texans will take Manziel with the first pick. The organization has said very little publicly, but privately, the belief is that Houston has been quietly falling in lust with him. "

.______.

As much as mech acts like it would be a bad pick, he has the highest upside of any of the QBs in this draft. If I needed a QB he is who I would take.

Narag

.______.

Hope they keep Schaub as his backup.

Farooq

Banned
Some comfort from what Will McClay ( Cowboys Assistant Director of Player Personnel) had to say in an interview.

The thing that we talk about is the ability to do different things that you want to have done within your defensive philosophy in different ways. And for the scheme to work that we’re using now – it’s very evident when you go back to the Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers of old, Seattle Seahawks now – you’ve got to have depth. It’s all in how you put the pieces together to build that depth of the seven-, eight-man line that you’ll need in a rotation during the season if you’re going to play fast and do the things that we do.

Also, some insight into how things are run in Dallas.

Q: Now that you’re the lead dog on the sled in building the board and things like that, talk about how you’re going to work with Jerry Jones.

McClay: The thing that’s kind of a mis-perception out there is that Jerry does these things on his own and he doesn’t listen to his people and all those things. What Jerry does is take in that information. My job is to try to get the guys to have somewhat of a unified voice, that we’re looking at things the right way and have a process that’s consistent, so that the information that comes to him is consistent.

He listens to us, he listens to the scouts, he’s going to take the input of the coaches and the scouts. And what we try to do is … you know, there’s a deal in scouting where … well in football and in NFL organizations, there’s a general deal that sometimes the coaches and the scouts don’t see eye to eye. We’re trying to bridge that gap. We want to find out what the coaches want. We also want the coaches to respect the work the scouts put in and the information that we have. We take all that information, put it in a pot, mix it up and be able to give Jerry the right information as best we know how and help him make the right decisions.

Audio from: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/105-3-the-fans-nfl-draft-show/

Transcript from: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014...sonell-man-will-mcclay-were-looking-for-speed

The interview strengthened my feelings that the Cowboys will be looking for speed more than anything else in defensive linemen.

Some comfort from what Will McClay ( Cowboys Assistant Director of Player Personnel) had to say in an interview.

The interview strengthened my feelings that the Cowboys will be looking for speed more than anything else in defensive linemen.

Dallas Cowboys = Oakland Raiders in 2003.

Sorry Man, I know how much it hurts.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The difference between Ray Rice and Ray Lewis / Suggs is the fact that the latter 2 guys were worth the headache. Ray Rice ain't, dude sucks.

They should just cut him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom