• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hartt951

Haters going to hate. Bolo going to Bolo

philip-rivers-bolo-tie-bengals-win.jpg
Welcome, friend.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You think Brady could run faster than Mallet? Especially after that reconstructed knee?

Jamarcus Russell would beat Mallett in a foot race 10 times out of 10.

To whoever said Landry Jones, he ran a 5.11 40 time.

Mallett? 5.37. Brady used to run a 5.23.

squicken

Landry took a lot of shit but that's the Roger Craig running style. You don't want none of those knees!

it's only worth playing in an online franchise setting/head to head against a human opponent.... just like all sports games!

Yeah, I have nobody to play with though :( Guys I used to do Madden/NCAA online franchises with either bought PS4s like bitches or are still playing on their 360s like little paupers. Hopefully next year's Madden will be half decent and I will join the GAF franchise

Yeah, I have nobody to play with though :( Guys I used to do Madden/NCAA online franchises with either bought PS4s like bitches or are still playing on their 360s like little paupers. Hopefully next year's Madden will be half decent and I will join the GAF franchise

what system are you playing on? we have an online franchise running on ps4 now. can't stress enough how trash sports games in general are if you are playing the CPU. i don't think madden is a great game but its competent enough to be enjoyable if you have a group of people to play with.

i guess i would say the one semi-exception is mlb the show. i still have a decent time playing the CPU but it still turns to bullshit when they magically rape all of my pitches in the strike zone and lay off of every ball, even if it was going to be close

rando14

Ain't Landry's fault breh, Big Bob Stoops is slowin' down all his athletes!!

what system are you playing on? we have an online franchise running on ps4 now. can't stress enough how trash sports games in general are if you are playing the CPU. i don't think madden is a great game but its competent enough to be enjoyable if you have a group of people to play with.

i guess i would say the one semi-exception is mlb the show. i still have a decent time playing the CPU but it still turns to bullshit when they magically rape all of my pitches in the strike zone and lay off of every ball, even if it was going to be close

Whoa FMT you play the show? I didn't know you liked beisbol

Farooq

Banned

That's my quarterback.
14dallas.1.190.jpg

I figure you must be quite concerned about Romo's back and how well his rehab is going. I am happy to report that Romo's rehab is progressing quite well and on schedule. So we must not worry. Romo will be back to provide you and NFL GAF the most entertaining games of the season, filled with suspense, drama, and tragic Shakespeare endings.

Xbone and yeah, I agree with you about sports games. I only play FIFA for online clubs mode, don't play anything else ever bar the occasional skill minigames when I'm waiting for friends to log onto Xbox Live. Madden/NCAA were the same for me, online dynasty/franchise modes only.

You're right about The Show too, it was the only sports game I could play offline in the last few years. RTTS mode so damn good. Been waiting for the next gen version to come out before I decide whether to pull the trigger on a PS4 this summer or wait for a price drop.

Xbone and yeah, I agree with you about sports games. I only play FIFA for online clubs mode, don't play anything else ever bar the occasional skill minigames when I'm waiting for friends to log onto Xbox Live. Madden/NCAA were the same for me, online dynasty/franchise modes only.

You're right about The Show too, it was the only sports game I could play offline in the last few years. RTTS mode so damn good. Been waiting for the next gen version to come out before I decide whether to pull the trigger on a PS4 this summer or wait for a price drop.

baffling that MS would allow sony to corner the market on baseball games. i get that 2k was no challenge but at least it was something. now MLB isn't nearly as big as NFL but sony is going to sell some systems because of MLB

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I should get into baseball again. I know the Brewers aren't leaving Milwaukee. NBA is pointless because Milwaukee is gonna get Seattle'd at some point.

Konka

Banned
I should get into baseball again. I know the Brewers aren't leaving Milwaukee. NBA is pointless because Milwaukee is gonna get Seattle'd at some point.

I try to get into baseball every year. And then I try to watch a game on TV. And then I remember why I can never get into baseball. Going to games is fun.

Dragon

Banned
I try to get into baseball every year. And then I try to watch a game on TV. And then I remember why I can never get into baseball. Going to games is fun.

Yeah I ended up going to five cities last year to go to games. It was fun, bring friends, get drunk, do stupid shit at night and watch a game, rinse repeat. It's a long season but I love how there are so many different parts of the sport to follow. There are plenty of people who solely follow prospects of a given team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
sp6MkmA.png

Previously, in NFL-GAF Prison Chronicles:

NFL-GAF Prison part 1.
NFL-GAF Prison part 2.
NFL-GAF Prison part 3.
NFL-GAF Prison part 4.
NFL-GAF Prison part 5.
NFL-GAF Prison part 6.
NFL-GAF Prison part 7.
NFL-GAF Prison part 8.
NFL-GAF Prison part 9.
NFL-GAF Prison part 10.
NFL-GAF Prison part 11.
NFL-GAF Prison part 12.
NFL-GAF Prison part 13.
NFL-GAF Prison part 14.

As always, click on any image to get the full res screenshot.

-----

As midnight rolls around and we get more money, I pave some stone paths in the courtyard as it takes forever for any of the inmates to move around. Now that people are moving around for work shifts (the laundry crew in particular), we need them to move faster.

The work crew gets started in laying out the paving stone.

13 days now for Kave_Man's shower avoidance.

As the work shift starts, the movement speed improvement due to the new outdoor paths is immediately evident.

Rorschach moves a load of uniforms from the washing machine to an ironing board as Godslay and Kave_Man move out with laundry baskets.

Frankman moves Rors out of the way and starts ironing out the freshly cleaned uniforms.

Frankman works so fast he's done by the time the rest of the laundry crew all enter the room.

Spin and Doom head off to play a game of pool as the cooking crew heads to the kitchen.

DM, BlackGhost, RBH, Cloudy, and Coldplay are on kitchen duty this time.

Meanwhile, the laundry crew collect dirty uniforms from the cell block to transport back for cleaning.

Batman is on cleaning duty. Also, Dutch's lawyer comes by for a visit as well as Cloudy's parents.

JABEE, Batman, and the janitor do a good job cleaning the space that would become the Workshop.

Meanwhile, Godslay preps another load of clean laundry for delivery to the cell block.

Crowded work conditions make things difficult in the kitchen.

Frankman takes the delivered dirty uniforms and puts them into the laundry machine.

Meal time, and the kitchen crew gets first dibs on the food.

Everyone eventually makes it to the kitchen to eat.

In the PM work shift, this time it's Buckethead and Fox on cleaning duty. Kitchen cleanup falls on Kave, Godslay, JABEE, Batman, and Rors.

On laundry detail for the afternoon are RBH, Wedge, Blackghost, Frankman, Tom Penny, DM, Cloudy, Slo, and Coldplay.

Frankman insists he's the only motherfucker who knows how to iron and takes the load out of the machine to the ironing board. More than likely, he doesn't trust anyone else to wield an iron.

Fox's ex-wife and kids show up for a visit.

The laundry crew distribute clean uniforms to each cell.

Fox's family are on edge as Bucket cleans the visitation room.

During yard time, DM and Greg eye each other warily.

With everyone in the same place, the warden calls for a surprise inspection. Coldplay is caught with contraband.

DM is seached but nothing is found for once and he heads off to make a phone call. Rors, Cloudy, Kave, and Spin are all caught with various items stolen from the kitchen or canteen.

Buckethead is busted for swiping some pills from the medical ward and faces a stint in solitary.

Fox takes a shower as the guards move on to search the cell block.

Halfway through the cell block search and so far nothing has been found. Not even in DM's cell! Those assigned solitary punishments for having shivs on them are serving them.

Cigarettes are found in Dutch's cell, so he is busted.

Dutch is given solitary for his transgression. Not too many people are caught with anything for once after this inspection.

-----

Given my new employment status, updates on weekdays will be in the evening/night timeframe.

-----

Reminder - For anyone wanting to see the master list of who's in the game, who needs more in-depth prison bios, and info on how to get your name on the list or more info for your character, go to this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96106213&postcount=15013

And as always, all images and posts are being archived here: https://xianaphryz.imgur.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom