• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

829099266.gif

howardhangin.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The books are far more graphic and a lot more detailed obviously.

The first three are very good. Some people hate them though.

Nameless

Said no one ever lol, also if you are good at internet he has at least 1 alt

Cos was like someone with Aspergers in the Dark Ages--misunderstood. After I witnessed him talking someone into committing account suicide I vowed from that day , to my last day, to follow that man into whatever battle against whatever enemy.

God bless the dead.

rando14

Because the last 2 books end with a bunch of cliffhangers and the plot lines for those books are ready to hit their climaxes.

Oh uh yeah I guess that's true, there's a decent handful of characters who have big things coming up which should be awesome

However there are a couple significant characters (I think we know who they are) who are just absolutely stuck in a pile of shit and I just can't seeing their storylines end up being anything decent at all.

Eleuin

I've been meaning to read the books. Maybe I'll do what Nameless does and just read up until where the show is.. I definitely don't want to be one of those people who just tease things endlessly in front of the tv only people lol

The books are far more graphic and a lot more detailed obviously.

The first three are very good. Some people hate them though.
Oh cool, I've been lacking written erotica since finishing 50 shades of gray recently

rando14

I've been meaning to read the books. Maybe I'll do what Nameless does and just read up until where the show is.. I definitely don't want to be one of those people who just tease things endlessly in front of the tv only people lol

Oh cool, I've been lacking written erotica since finishing 50 shades of gray recently

Sex is better in the show brah, seeing boobs > reading about boobs!!

Characters are MUCH deeper in the books though. Viewers dont know shit about ned stark.

Nameless

for me it will probably depend on how good the books are.

i probably won't be as strong as you.

I've blown my load too early a few times in life. It's fun while it's happening but that moment passes. Sure, I could power through the remaining books but then what? I'd be miserable, stuck as slave to GRRM's procrastination like oh so many fans of the series. No thanks. I'll continue to mark out on the show and bathe myself in all the glorious lore the books offer after.

bionic77

In the tv show where are they in terms of the lannisters storylines?

Is the father as cool on the show as in the books? That doesn't seem possible but stranger things have happened.

squicken

Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko
Source says police have yet-to-be-released video of Ray Rice knocking fiancée unconscious before dragging her. Expect a suspension.

ravens

e:

@dpbrugler Need to include Manziel in #3 equation, promise he's very much a candidate at 3...in fact I think that's his floor

Brugler ain't about smokescreens.

rando14

In the tv show where are they in terms of the lannisters storylines?

Is the father as cool on the show as in the books? That doesn't seem possible but stranger things have happened.

Charles dance has done a good job at portraying Tywin. They havent given much attention to Kevan though iirc

as far as the lannisters storylines (book 3 spoiler)
I think for the most part its pretty close, theyve adjusted the timing of Jaime's stuff so he can fit into all the seasons so far, and theyve moved joffreys wedding to season 4

squicken

RT @dpbrugler My opinion right now of how top-3 plays out: 1. Bortles to HOU 2. Manziel to JAX/CLE/OAK/MIN and 3. Clowney to STL/JAX

Damnit I don't want Clowney but whatever. Would love to see JFF in JAX

Nameless

That's not so bad; it's being in the know about this stuff as spoiler culture reaches a frenzy on the internet that's the worst.

Yeah people do go ape shit over anything that could remotely be considered a spoiler. But then again you have those who'll try and look like Andy Greenwald by posting spoilers masqueraded as theories or speculation.Really!?

It's a good thing Cornballer's in charge now.

squicken

What's this mean for Rices career? I mean personally I already thought he was on the decline.

I think with Rice it will be a guy not worth the problem, unlike Ray and Suggs. I'd be surprised if he plays a game for the Ravens again, but who knows? Their fans and owner don't seem to care at all about off field stuff

Why would you want to see that? Wouldn't you rather have him chucking Balls to the next greatest WR Flash Gordon ?

I worry that Gordon is one smoke away from being out of the league. Also, the cold and mud field is a bad fit

Honestly, I think it's all academic b/c the JFF lust left with Lombardi.

I think with Rice it will be a guy not worth the problem, unlike Ray and Suggs. I'd be surprised if he plays a game for the Ravens again, but who knows? Their fans and owner don't seem to care at all about off field stuff

I worry that Gordon is one smoke away from being out of the league. Also, the cold and mud field is a bad fit

Honestly, I think it's all academic b/c the JFF lust left with Lombardi.
Gordon's been on the best of behavior and seems to really get it now. On the weather thing I hate how ppl try and make a argument on what Qb we should draft based on weather here. A good Qb is a good Qb, let's not rule a guy out based off of 2 cold weather games during the whole season. Also remember Farmer was the guy at all the A&m games so don't rule JFF out so quickly, but I'm starting to lean towards Teddy being the guy. Farmers excited to sit down with JFF though.
Edit: also wouldn't be surprised if we went with TE early in draft instead of WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom