• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle releasing Sidney Rice and his big contract. Saves them $7 million in cap space.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seahawks are releasing WR Sidney Rice, per league source. Rice signed a five-year, $41 million contract in July 2011.

Depending on his asking price, he might be a good pickup for the Raiders

squicken

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB
#Texans coach Bill O'Brien on Manziel: It's less about height than it is about how he's built.

LZ was saying this is their problem with Teddy, though him weighing in bigger today was good.

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel
Texans' Bill O'Brien mentioned his bond with George O'Leary when mentioning Bortles. Don't underestimate that factor with Bortles.

?

BigAT

Giants added a year extension onto Tom Coughlin's contract since this upcoming season was the last year on his current deal. He's now signed through the 2015 season, at which point Coughlin will be 69.

ShaneB

Not surprising but I'll miss him. Some good memories.

I imagine next on the cutting block is chris clemons

Echoing my thoughts. Rice was fun to watch early in the season, but he wasn't missed later on. Its a good move. He's a solid pickup to any team.

Go Canada!!!!

Well this is awkward

BhBKN8IIUAEU6lj.jpg:large

MjFrancis

Seattle releasing Sidney Rice and his big contract. Saves them $7 million in cap space.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seahawks are releasing WR Sidney Rice, per league source. Rice signed a five-year, $41 million contract in July 2011.
If he was out for the first eight games and not the other way around, I'd miss having him. The Hawks need some breathing room for spreading around that money to other players, and Sidney Rice is practically guaranteed another good contract with someone else. It's a win/win.

MechDX

Is JFF even a top 10 pick if Russell Wilson doesn't win the Super Bowl?

No.

Some twitter comments to help:

Manziel is money outside the numbers just like Keenum. What happens when they shut that down like NFL defenses did after the Colts game?

Forced Keenum to be a NFL quarterback and showed he has a long way to go. The offensive systems they came out of raises concerns.

--PatD Stat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom