• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSA

Banned
In an inebriated state, Little Caesars hits the spot. Actually there's a whole buncha poors $5 pizza spots opening up.

Anilx3

It sounds like Strahan (as well as Andre Reed and Derrick Brooks) have gotten into the Hall of Fame.

sappcry.gif

Sheldon Richardson just won DROY, another guy Sapp criticized this week. Not a good day for him today I bet

Back to offseason action. Will the Steelers trade Ben or give him a new contract? I know bionic would trade him and sign Tebow but that's why he's a lawyer and not a GM.

Nameless

Your name is Bread, and even Gata looks down upon you. A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

Lets go thermonuclear in this thread while were at it. Why do so many East Coast peeps act so rich and cultured about their lifestyle in Connecticut, Maine, And Boston but end up moving to Cali? Stay in your lanes with your greasy pizza, concrete jungles and sconi body type women in givenchy, with your piss smelling subways, cockroach infested sewers and stanky ass taxis. But keep educating the rest of the country about how cultured and intellectual you are because Jon Stewart told you so.

3088120837_1_3_YYAbCliB.gif

Back to offseason action. Will the Steelers trade Ben or give him a new contract? I know bionic would trade him and sign Tebow but that's why he's a lawyer and not a GM.

Ben fell in line, no trade going to happen. Rumors were probably leaked to spook him, make him show his hand. He's not going anywhere.

Woodley I think is the big offseason question mark. Are they confident enough in Worilds, who's been injured a ton in his first three years, to cut the oft-injured Woodley?

BigAT

Sheldon Richardson just won DROY, another guy Sapp criticized this week. Not a good day for him today I bet

He had to file for bankruptcy and doesn't make his child support payments. I imagine there aren't a lot of good days for him.

Anilx3

He had to file for bankruptcy and doesn't make his child support payments. I imagine there aren't a lot of good days for him.

Well yes, that's true lol. I just meant he must be eating crow after running his mouth about Strahan and Richardson this past week.

jakncoke

Banned
Im surprised they making Marvin Harrison wait at least a year. Nice that Andre Reed finally got in. I knew Bettis wasnt going to get in, some day bus some day we'll get to taste squickens salty tears. Whoever split their vote between Earl Thomas and Robert Mathis should be brained ffs. 1 vote 1 person. Whats next splitting your vote into 3rds? 4ths? Giving the top 10 a tenth of your vote.

Im surprised they making Marvin Harrison wait at least a year. Nice that Andre Reed finally got in. I knew Bettis wasnt going to get in, some day bus some day we'll get to taste squickens salty tears. Whoever split their vote between Earl Thomas and Robert Mathis should be brained ffs. 1 vote 1 person. Whats next splitting your vote into 3rds? 4ths? Giving the top 10 a tenth of your vote.

Gotta pay some penance for killing two people.

MechDX

Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete Jan 31
54 run stops: 2nd in NFL
85 QB pressures: 2nd in NFL
38 QB hits: @PFF record
+111.6 grade: PFF record
JJ Watt: DPOY

Period. You can not hold it against the guy because his team sucked. Kubiaks last fuckery!

MRSA

Banned
Glad Ray Guy got in, the HoF is such bullshit. Its supposed to be players best at their positions yet it took this long for a punter to get in? I bet that dirt bag Vinatieri will get in first ballot.

Nameless

Saw Aeneas Williams made it. Fuck that guy with flaming daggers for eternity for what he did to Steve Young.

thatsmyquarterback.gif

MechDX

Actually you can. When was the last time you saw a 2 win team with the DPOY on it?

Individual award. Shouldn't have anything to do with the teams record.

Whatever though, just another chip on Watts shoulder. Like every other team needs him to have more motivation. I personally hope he takes it all out on Luck next season.

The fact they gave out a fantasy player of the year award just discredits this entire process either way.

jakncoke

Banned
Glad Ray Guy got in, the HoF is such bullshit. Its supposed to be players best at their positions yet it took this long for a punter to get in? I bet that dirt bag Vinatieri will get in first ballot.

The only reason he got in is because they hardly ever(if ever) ignore the veterans committee suggestions.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I remember last season Sapp trying to lecture Suh on how he could be a better defensive lineman. Suh, being the reasonable man he is, asked Sapp to come and coach him and give him advice as to what he could improve his game on. Sapp never responded IIRC.

Suh was in the pro bowl this year.

Sapp was a hell of a defensive lineman, one of the all time best. But the guy is a douchebag all the way around.

Somewhat similar to the ridiculous debate about getting Matthew Stafford a QB coach. Who can coach Stafford to be a better QB other than Brady, Manning, Brees or some other older QBs?

The prevailing argument against Reid is that the team had 9 probowlers on the squad prior to Reid showing up. I don't necessarily agree with that, but the argument is out there.

Yeah, no. Coaches don't dictate the talent available at the team they take over, their job is to get those players to produce. Obviously, going from worst to a nine game winning streak and a playoff slot is on Reid.

What exactly did Riverboat Ron accomplish by comparison?

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, no. Coaches don't dictate the talent available at the team they take over, their job is to get those players to produce. Obviously, going from worst to a nine game winning streak and a playoff slot is on Reid.

What exactly did Riverboat Ron accomplish by comparison?

Don't shoot the messenger! I'm just explaining an argument that seems to be floating out there. Ask Panther fans what they think Ron did.

Maybe some think Andy is meeting expectations with the talent where Ron exceeded expectations with his talent pool. That seems to be the thought behind it.

Spinluck

The prevailing argument against Reid is that the team had 9 probowlers on the squad prior to Reid showing up. I don't necessarily agree with that, but the argument is out there.

it should've been belichick or reid.

i can see that being an argument, but i still think he did a better coaching job than ron; same with bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom