• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corsick

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Bishop Sankey bench pressed 225 pounds 26 times. That shows strength, endurance and a work ethic

BhLbl1ACEAECnwV.jpg

Greg Knapp and JFF.. what a combo that could have been lol

MechDX

Will they? JJ having back to back dominant seasons didn't really translate to wins.

12-4 two years ago, Last season was not on Watt. Please tell me you see that?

Watt for Brady.

no.

Watt is a special player and is the face of this franchise once Dre retires. McNair knows this and rewards his star players. He isn't going anywhere and you are delusional if you think otherwise. End of story

12-4 two years ago, Last season was not on Watt. Please tell me you see that?

I didn't say it was on Watt. What i'm saying is that Watt may be too rich for their blood, especially if signing doesn't translate directly to wins. Eventually money does eclipse performance and Watt's performance will command a lot of money.

squicken

Teammate kind of dumps on Clowney

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ce-impacted-teammates?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb

Defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles led the team in sacks (9.5) and tackles for loss (13.5), and he admitted he's heard enough about Clowney's double teams.

"I do get tired of hearing it, but it is what it is," he said. "I felt like I was in the weight room working hard at 6 o'clock in the morning. I was the one after two-a-days running through hoops so I could get to the quarterback. I'm glad he was out there, and the attention he had, but at the end of the day I still had to beat my man to get there."

This coming on the heels of South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier essentially confirming doubts about Clowney's work ethic, describing it as just "OK" on NFL AM, which in turn prompted one of the first questions Clowney drew from the media at the NFL Scouting Combine on Saturday.

squicken

I didn't say it was on Watt. What i'm saying is that Watt may be too rich for their blood, especially if signing doesn't translate directly to wins. Eventually money does eclipse performance and Watt's performance will command a lot of money.

CAR isn't going to sign Cam to an extension, even if they talk about it. HOU gets Watt cheap for two more years. No reason to bother with extension talk until next offseason

MechDX

I agree but it won't happen. They are already positioning themselves for it. Florios take that they need to do it now is what I question. They have two more years before they " have to". Quite a few older contracts will be gone in those next two years

Cards have Ta'amu. Doubt they pick another NT high.
Is that a yoke?

But I don't see Ted taking a S in R1. Or an ILB really.
He needs to rebuild that DL and will probably grab Borland or Bullough in other rounds.

Only thing is Nix is pretty much a Raji replacement, which is weird, because the rumor is Pack D wants to get faster.

Is that a yoke?

But I don't see Ted taking a S in R1. Or an ILB really.
He needs to rebuild that DL and will probably grab Borland or Bullough in other rounds.

Only thing is Nix is pretty much a Raji replacement, which is weird, because the rumor is Pack D wants to get faster.

I don't see what's a joke about it. They claimed Ta'amu off waivers from us and he's started like 7 games for them.

Also, didn't Dom Capers or McCarthy say that the "getting faster" thing was bullshit?

bionic77

Must suck to not even have a QB as good as our backup.

We'll let you guys have Flynn for a 1st. Maybe then you guys can go 8-8.
That's dumb.

Keep Flynn to win the home playoff games. And then take out Fraudgers on the road or against shit AFC teams in the Superbowl.

You know nothing about football Jon Snow,

MechDX

Jadeveon Clowney benched 225 pounds 21 times. Mario Williams lifted 35 times. They're being compared as prospects.
--McClain Twitter

So he isn't even as good as Mario. Awesome

JABEE

Squick, Who did you like out of what you saw of the WR?

As someone watching these guys for the first time, I thought out of that last group, these guys stood out.

Watkins
Lee
Robinson
Washington
Street

squicken

As someone watching these guys for the first time, I thought out of that last group, these guys stood out.

Watkins
Lee
Robinson
Washington
Street

I am very unfamiliar with any of the non-1st round WRs. But I think Watkins is clearly the best. Evans is borderline top 10. I think Beckham is will go 20 or later and Cooks could sneak in to the late 1st. Maybe someone will reach on Benjamin but to me he isn't so hot. Some people like Lee but I don't think he separates from the 2nd round guys

Robinson I think is 3rd round-ish, other two I had never seen much of

HYYYYDDDE
Jadeveon Clowney benched 225 pounds 21 times. Mario Williams lifted 35 times. They're being compared as prospects.
--McClain Twitter

So he isn't even as good as Mario. Awesome
Disappointing, BG could probably go out there and get a least 20. These kids have amazing strength programs to there disposal.

Watkins
Lee
Robinson
Washington
Street

haven't been watching but Landry out of LSU is a guy to keep an eye on. elite hands, but 40 time will make him drop, could be a steal in the 3rd like Allen was last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom