• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

lolololol

ibkxsbf7q121vz.gif

LJ11

I am very unfamiliar with any of the non-1st round WRs. But I think Watkins is clearly the best. Evans is borderline top 10. I think Beckham is will go 20 or later and Cooks could sneak in to the late 1st. Maybe someone will reach on Benjamin but to me he isn't so hot. Some people like Lee but I don't think he separates from the 2nd round guys

Robinson I think is 3rd round-ish, other two I had never seen much of

Cooks is a sure fire first rounder IMO, talent wise no fucking doubt about it, but its hard to predict how many WRs go in the first.

Colasante

Cooks is a sure fire first rounder IMO, talent wise no fucking doubt about it, but its hard to predict how many WRs go in the first.

At this point I'm guessing there'll be Watkins, Beckham, Evans, Benjamin, and Cooks, and maybe Lee. Although you'd have to think the depth of wide receivers could force them all to slide a bit.

Spinluck

Rotoworld ranked all the NFL coaches 1-25 (the new hires are in their own 1-7 category).

Pagano came in at #21, and it had some of the Colts boards furious (I often disagree with most of that board lol).

21. Chuck Pagano
Career Record: 22-10 (.688)
With The Colts Since: 2012

This ranking may seem harsh — or stupid — but ask yourself: Have the Colts succeeded because of Pagano, or in spite of him? Pagano’s work on defense has been fine, but that’s to be expected of a former defensive coordinator. It’s the negative impact he’s had on offense that’s thus far defined his tenure. With OC Pep Hamilton doing his bidding, Pagano has insisted on a run-heavy scheme that highlights the Colts’ weaknesses and obscures their strengths. Andrew Luck attempted fewer passes than Ryan Tannehill and Andy Dalton last season. Meanwhile, Trent Richardson was allowed to slam into a brick wall 157 times. Running the ball and stopping the run is a formula that still works — just ask Seattle and San Francisco — but Indy did neither in 2013. That didn’t stop Pagano from sticking with his plan until the very end, or at least until Indy fell behind 38-10 in the Wild Card round to the Chiefs. Only then was Luck was fully unleashed, and the full brunt of Indy’s offensive firepower felt. Pagano has the best passing prospect since Peyton Manning at his disposal. Until/if he realizes that, he won’t be maximizing his team’s chance to win. That’s a cardinal sin for any head coach.

Full article here. If you're a Dolphins fan, you probably shouldn't read it. It's pretty spot on in most of its rankings imo.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46250/57/the-nfls-best-coaches?pg=1

LJ11

At this point I'm guessing there'll be Watkins, Beckham, Evans, Benjamin, and Cooks, and maybe Lee. Although you'd have to think the depth of wide receivers could force them all to slide a bit.

Lee and Benjamin are the only maybes I think, other three may be locks.

rando14

Rotoworld ranked all the NFL coaches 1-25 (the new hires are in their own 1-7 category).

Pagano came in at #21, and it had some of the Colts board furious (I often disagree with most of that board lol).

Full article here. If you're a Dolphins fan, you probably shouldn't read it. It's pretty spot on in most of its rankings imo.

I love Pete but I dunno if he's SECOND... Then again, only a few coaches have both NCAA and NFL rings!!

1. Bill Belichick
Career Record: 199-105 (.655)
With The Patriots Since: 2000

You can call Bill Belichick an iconoclast, or you can call him a rogue. Thanks to one infamous incident, you could even call him a cheater. We’ll just call him the greatest coach of the modern era, if not all time. The last remaining coach truly serving as his own general manager, Belichick is also one of the rare head men to set the tone on both sides of the ball. Belichick has total control in a way no other coach does, and successfully executes on that total control in a way no other coach does. The Patriots are 88-24 (.786) since 2007. If you eliminate Tom Brady’s ACL and comeback years, the Pats are 117-27 (.813) since 2003. Even if you don’t eliminate those 11 and 10-win campaigns, they’re 138-38 (.784). The Browns/Ravens fired Belichick after the 1995 season. Since, Belichick has 18 playoff victories. The Browns have 77 total victories since rejoining the NFL in 1999. You can say it’s Brady, or you can say it’s cheating (and be wrong). Whatever it is, it’s winning in relentlessly dominant, historic fashion.

Sounds about right.

Drakeon

Pagano came in at #21, and it had some of the Colts boards furious (I often disagree with most of that board lol).

Chip Kelley looks a little high for just 1 year, but otherwise it doesn't look too bad. Probably put Mike McCoy a little higher given what he did with the injury situation of the Chargers.

JCizzle

He can confirm all he wants, the Niners are still on the record denying any discussions took place. Maybe he was just talking to himself?

Jed York ‏@JedYork Feb 21
@ProFootballTalk @RapSheet is this on the record? Report isn't true

Florio is just trying to dig himself out of being embarrassed after his twitter meltdown.

He can confirm all he wants, the Niners are still on the record denying any discussions took place. Maybe he was just talking to himself?

texas and USC called about harbaugh too. doesn't mean he is ever going to leave. here is how the conversation likely went

Michael Lombardi: Ring ring
Baalke: Hello you've reached the san francisco 49ers, general manager trent baalke speaking how can I help you
Lombardi: Hey trent it's mike from the browns. remember the guy who interviewed for the GM job there before you were rightfully given the job? And then remember how i criticized the organization for not hiring me?
Baalke: Oh, hey what's up brotha
Lombardi: Listen I'm really against the wall here. Jimmy H is pretty mad about last season and I kind of need to make a splash to keep my job. I need harbs and i'm ready to give you an unprecedented deal to get him to cleveland.
Baalke: Uh.... well what do you mean when you say unprecedented? what exactly would you be offering?
Lombardi: We will give you brandon weeden and the first round pick we got for trenttruck.
Baalke: lulz
Lombardi: Come on bro i'm going to get fired if this doesn't happen
Baalke: dialtone

JCizzle

Is this on the record? Report isn't true.

Off the record? Report is true.

Heh. The only reason he phrased it like that though is because Florio was throwing a fit about "OMG nobody on the Niners has gone on the record to deny this, eat a bag of dicks Rappaport!!!"

That's actually a lot nicer then what I would have written

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
texas and USC called about harbaugh too. doesn't mean he is ever going to leave. here is how the conversation likely went

Michael Lombardi: Ring ring
Baalke: Hello you've reached the san francisco 49ers, general manager trent baalke speaking how can I help you
Lombardi: Hey trent it's mike from the browns. remember the guy who interviewed for the GM job there before you were rightfully given the job? And then remember how i criticized the organization for not hiring me?
Baalke: Oh, hey what's up brotha
Lombardi: Listen I'm really against the wall here. Jimmy H is pretty mad about last season and I kind of need to make a splash to keep my job. I need harbs and i'm ready to give you an unprecedented deal to get him to cleveland.
Baalke: Uh.... well what do you mean when you say unprecedented? what exactly would you be offering?
Lombardi: We will give you brandon weeden and the first round pick we got for trenttruck.
Baalke: lulz
Lombardi: Come on bro i'm going to get fired if this doesn't happen
Baalke: dialtone

:jnc

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was kind of hoping we could get the mods going with a "ban anyone who posts anything from Florio" rule. It's like that video game chartz place but for football.

23. Dennis Allen

Career Record: 8-24 (.250)

With The Raiders Since: 2012

Allen isn’t the problem in Oakland, but he isn’t necessarily the answer. Allen’s squad overachieved early in 2013, but crumbled in ugly fashion down the stretch. The blame mostly lies with GM Reggie McKenzie’s bizarre, inept roster, but Allen didn’t do himself any favors by refusing to evaluate Terrelle Pryor. Instead he rolled with undrafted rookie Matt McGloin, who at times resembled a fan who had won a contest. Allen has done a lot of things right in his two years on the job, but if his roster is as bad in 2014 as it was in 2013, the “right” decisions may be harder and harder to identify. It could still happen for Allen as an NFL coach, but it might not be in Oakland.

I'd say that's about right rank wise, but pretty stupid to criticize him for not playing Pryor and for taking a shot at Reggie for the roster.

I swear if McGloin didn't go undrafted these so-called "analysts" would be giving him more respect. Kid played very well for a rookie, especially when you consider what he was working with.

BcJz1vyCQAENr1N.png

JCizzle

I was kind of hoping we could get the mods going with a "ban anyone who posts anything from Florio" rule. It's like that video game chartz place but for football.

Him and Peter King make quite the hard hitting duo though on Sunday nights! No mailing it in between those two!

Rorschach

I'd say that's about right rank wise, but pretty stupid to criticize him for not playing Pryor and for taking a shot at Reggie for the roster.

I swear if McGloin didn't go undrafted these so-called "analysts" would be giving him more respect. Kid played very well for a rookie, especially when you consider what he was working with.

BcJz1vyCQAENr1N.png
"resembled a fan who had won a contest."

What an idiot. That guy's a total Raider hater.

squicken

"There was an opportunity there, and it didn’t materialize,” Haslam told Jarrett Bell of USA Today. Haslam did not address why the opportunity didn’t result in a transaction.

Yeah GMs don't have that kind of power to do on their own. York was involved with that. FMT can hate Florio all he wants, but York was willing to trade Harbaugh. Can't see him in SF beyond this year

Schiano to San Francisco 2015!

e: Rams beat guy for ESPN says what he hears that JAX and CLE not very likely to trade up for QB. Neither team "loves" any of the QBs. Hard to pass on top defenders/OL

MRSA

Banned
"resembled a fan who had won a contest."

What an idiot. That guy's a total Raider hater.

Business as usual I guess.

If this roster purge/reconstruction, they'll be praising Reggie for the fine job. If he fails, it'll be business as usual.

I think the current Raiders staff needs 2 more seasons to determine if they were successful at changing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom