• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSA

Banned
I don't even feel anything with straight codeine. Its got to be hydrocodeine (vicodin, norcos), or oxycodone (percocets).

The thing I hate (and love) about oxycodone is that they're too good and after a few days you can find yourself hooked on them. As soon as you stop that dope sickness kicks in. So I prefer norcos because they're not as strong, still do the job and you don't get as mean withdrawals from them.

Whats funny is the Ibuprofen they put in the vicodins, norcos, percocets etc. are worse for your liver than the codeine itself. So the less Ibuprofen the better.

Misinformation, its acetaminophen (tylenol) they add to pain killers. They're all being reformulated now though as the FDA has ruled finally that anything over 325mg will cause liver damage.

Ibuprofen is bad for your stomach though. But I rather deal with stomach ulcers than liver cirrhosis

rando14

I don't even feel anything with straight codeine. Its got to be hydrocodeine (vicodin, norcos), or oxycodone (percocets).

The thing I hate (and love) about oxycodone is that they're too good and after a few days you can find yourself hooked on them. As soon as you stop that dope sickness kicks in. So I prefer norcos because they're not as strong, still do the job and you don't get as mean withdrawals from them.

Whats funny is the Ibuprofen they put in the vicodins, norcos, percocets etc. are worse for your liver than the codeine itself. So the less Ibuprofen the better.

Actually that's tylenol (acetominophen), they just recently made it so that you can't have x/500 sizes due to the liver problems

EDIT: well looks like MRSA covered it. You're good people MRSA.

Should be able to prevent stomach problems if you take nsaids with a ppi

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Misinformation, its acetaminophen (tylenol) they add to pain killers. They're all being reformulated now though as the FDA has ruled finally that anything over 325mg will cause liver damage.

Ibuprofen is bad for your stomach though. But I rather deal with stomach ulcers than liver cirrhosis

I always get Ibuprofen and acetaminophen mixed up. Wow anything over 325 mg causes liver damage? I thought it was something like 3,000 mg causes liver damage.

Right now I have 7.5 mg hydrocodeine, 325 mg ace. norcos and can take 3 to 4 of those with a tall can on a weekend day to relax. Sorry liver. =(

LOL! Guy had 47 catches his best season, and less then that the 3 years before last season combined. He isnt even a good player, let alone one of the 3 best. Unlike you I dont get all moist when it comes to guys that play for my team.

He averaged more Yards per catch than Desean Jackson and was second on your garbage team with 8 TDs and in total yards (DeSean had 9).

He is a good player, despite being a jackass off the field.

rando14

I always get Ibuprofen and acetaminophen mixed up. Wow anything over 325 mg causes liver damage? I thought it was something like 3,000 mg causes liver damage.

Right now I have 7.5 mg hydrocodeine, 325 mg ace. norcos and can take 3 to 4 of those with a tall can on a weekend day to relax. Sorry liver. =(

i think the concern wasn't just 325, mostly that people who pop hydrocodones like candy are pouring in tons of tylenol in the long term, but i could be wrong

your garbage team
image.php

MRSA

Banned

More misinformation by myself but its 3,000mg daily maximum. Its being reformulated to 325mg so you can still pop pills without hitting the 3,000 threshold (They were 500mg a pill so 6 of those would hit your maximum daily limit). Because even if you take it every 4-6hr its still PRN (as needed) so you sometimes (or intentionally) have to take more for pain management.

He averaged more Yards per catch than Desean Jackson and was second on your garbage team with 8 TDs and in total yards (DeSean had 9).

He is a good player, despite being a jackass off the field.

Man if you think the Eagles who won their division are garbage I shudder to think what you consider the Lions who chocked away a division title to 2 teams with no QBs. Any ways I get that you dont follow football to closely but DJax gets doubled all the time, that means Cooper only ever faced single coverage, which accounts for him putting up decent numbers even though he has no skills at all. He is a garbage person and a garbage player. If Maclin hadnt been hurt he would have done nothing just like the previous 3 seasons. He is a good blocker but he sucks as a WR. Hopefully a team like the Lions will overpay for him and the Eagles can get someone much better in his place.

squicken

What about Riley Cooper, YH?

God, what a team that was at Florida. Tebow, Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez, the Pouncey brothers....

The 2008 Florida team rivals the Jimmy Johnson U teams. Also had Harvin on offense. Defense had Major Wright, Will Blackmon, Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap. Janoris Jenkins, Brandon Spikes and Ahmad Black were also on the team but haven't had good NFL careers

The 2008 Florida team rivals the Jimmy Johnson U teams. Also had Harvin on offense. Defense had Major Wright, Will Blackmon, Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap. Janoris Jenkins, Brandon Spikes and Ahmad Black were also on the team but haven't had good NFL careers
That team was loaded. Completely outclassed Oklahoma.

I actually thought that Aaron Hernandez was the only NFL level talent they had on offense back then. Shows how wrong I can be.

Let's see, I guess Virginia Tech would be Kam Chancellor, Brandon Flowers, and Eddie Royal. Respectable but not spectacular.

Of course, this is only the case because Tyrod is still sitting behind Flacco for some reason.

Umm... game over.

I totally missed this some how, but you wouldnt put Vick over Royal?

I totally missed this some how, but you wouldnt put Vick over Royal?
I love Vick but I just don't think he has a lot left in the tank. In his prime he'd be up there for sure. I guess Royal hasn't really been the same since his 2011 injury issues but I've always had a soft spot for him as he was one of the better players at VT while I was there. So many great punt return memories...

squicken

That team was loaded. Completely outclassed Oklahoma.

The one Big Game Bob game I have no issues with. OU had a good offense (that lacked any SEC speed) but nothing on defense besides McCoy. Florida rammed it down their throats

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Former Colts GM Bill Polian just said on ESPN's NFL Insiders that he projects Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo to be a first-round pick.

lulz

Yeah, he even plays for the Ravens, no excuse there.

D'Qwell Jackson would be my third.

Oh I know he went there, but come on, that's not worthy of any quality top 3.

A few years ago we had Merrimen, Randy Starks, and Kris Jenkins.

We got Dominique Foxworth, who is president of the Players Associatiom, though.

Draxal

So Tennessee wins?

Payton Manning
Eric Berry
Cordarrelle Patterson

And if you dont like Cordarrelle, then replace him with Jason Witten.

Wisconsin wins, just because of youth. Stanford just needs a third to go with Luck and Sherman.

If this was 2 years ago. It would have been Pitt by a landslide.

So Tennessee wins?

Payton Manning
Eric Berry
Cordarrelle Patterson

And if you dont like Cordarrelle, then replace him with Jason Witten.

Jerod Mayo.

Watching the Lincoln Lawyer for the millionth time. Matthew McConaughey is the best.

Last True Detective episode was god tier again as well.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Jerod Mayo.

Watching the Lincoln Lawyer for the millionth time. Matthew McConaughey is the best.

Can't wait for Interstellar.

Also I haven't had the chance to watch True Detective, outside of a few scenes, but after I missed the first episode I told myself I'd wait for the show to be over and then watch it all in a day or something since its only about 10 episodes.

Jerod Mayo.

Dat new girl ass, even her boobs were nice.

Can't wait for Interstellar.

Also I haven't had the chance to watch True Detective, outside of a few scenes, but after I missed the first episode I told myself I'd wait for the show to be over and then watch it all in a day or something since its only about 10 episodes.

It's only 8 :( so it'll be over in two weeks.

I still can't believe that this has happened, a decade ago he was lord of the goobers and now anytime a show or movie is announced with him in it I have to give it a look

Watch Dallas Buyer's Club if you already haven't. Both he and Leto are amazing in it (even if the movie is a little overrated).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Guess Alabama could be Julio Jones, Evan Mathis, Demeco Ryans, Eddie Lacy.

Unsure of where Marcel Daerus, Andre Smith, Kareem Jackson, James Carpenter, Chance Warmack, and DJ Fluker stand in on the "respect scale" in the NFL. Same for some of the older guys who have been forgotten (Le'Ron McClain, Wallace Gilberry, Jarret Johnson)

I know it's either too early (meaning they're bums to "NFL Purists") for Dre Kirkpatrick and Dee Milliner, Gerg McGinger/Mount Cody/Barrett Jones have slipped into obscurity, Orlando McClane retired because he was all about that life, Mark Ingram has enjoyed "immense fan reaction" in New Orleans, and of course, Trent Truck (Way to go, Cleveland, you broke him :( )

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Timmy Jernigan, the guy who admires Suh and wants to play like him, ran a 5.07 second 40 yard dash.

He is 6'1 5/8, 299 lb.

For reference Suh was 6'4, 307 lbs and ran a 5.03 second 40 yard dash.

Haven't watched film on Jernigan yet, but he is the top rated DT, and the fact he plays with the fire and intensity of Suh is a huge plus. You won't see him take any plays off. A bit short though, so that will be good for run stuffing, but not as much for pass rushing.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Interesting to hear Jadeveon saying he wants to play in Atlanta and I had totally forgotten the Falcons have the #6 pick in the draft.

Do they still have any picks left over from the Julio Jones trade? If the Texans take a QB I could see the Rams being a potential team to trade down to if the price is right.

Vio-Lence

Banned
DT Aaron Donald posted a 4.68 40, hit 35 reps on the bench.

pretty impressive 40 time for a defensive tackle. i have a feeling the bears are going to target him.

I think these are the three likeliest players the Bears will target:
WalterFootball said:
Almost as freakish as Clowney was the Combine performance of Pitt defensive tackle Aaron Donald. The 6-foot-1, 285-pounder blazed a fast 40 with an unofficial time of 4.65 with a 10-yard split of 1.59 seconds. His official time was 4.68, so Donald was tremendous. In the field work and bag drills, Donald continued to excel with his burst, athleticism and strength. Donald was also second among the defensive linemen in the bench press. After a great Senior Bowl, Donald had a superb Combine and has continued his phenomenal draft season.

Minnesota defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman had an impressive Combine. The 6-foot-6, 310-pounder ran the 40 at 5.02 officially. Hageman looked good in bags and field work. Hageman showed a little stiffness, but considering how big he is, he moved well around the cones. He also did well in the bench press and showed excellent numbers to be a 3-4 defensive end.

Florida State defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan is another first-round prospect who put his athletic ability on display. Jernigan's 40 came in at 5.06 with a 10-yard split of 1.72. Jernigan looked good in the bag drills and was fast around the cones in the field drills. He confirmed his first-round skill set at the Combine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom