• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a quote in the 2013 offseason from Baalke about how their starters on defense played too many snaps. Baalke of course thinks he is giving the staff the right players, but lots of teams are perhaps too complicated for this day and age of even more simplistic college offenses
Complicated defenses are only a problem when you're in the Steelers situation and have a ton of talent holes, not a crew of dominant horses that are resistant to injury.

Draxal

I'm not sure Evans will be there at 10 for the Lions to even pass on

He had a better year than Courtland Finnegan, who I'm still not sure the Rams are smart enough to cut. Fisher is absurdly loyal to "his" players

That depends if Gilbert drops or not. There's going to be a CB hungry team that will take Gilbert before Evans imho.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What qualifies as a Cuban sandwich, Mexican sandwich etc.?

I mean technically a Torta is a Mexican sandwich, and while they're delicious, I don't see anything that separates them from a regular sandwich i.e. meat, veggies, condiments between two pieces of bread.

That "Cuban" sandwich looks like a regular sandwich to me. Don't see whats so Cuban about it. I'm not saying I wouldn't devour the hell out of it but what makes it Cuban? Is there some sort of cigar tobacco in it?

Doomsayer

Complicated defenses are only a problem when you're in the Steelers situation and have a ton of talent holes, not a crew of dominant horses that are resistant to injury.

Well, Baalke was right, our D-line starters played an absurd 93% of snaps in 2012. They were completely beat by the time the playoffs rolled around - as shown by the 14PPG increase in points scored against us.

Dline was much more fresh this year and it showed in the playoffs.

I mean technically a Torta is a Mexican sandwich, and while they're delicious, I don't see anything that separates them from a regular sandwich i.e. meat, veggies, condiments between two pieces of bread.

That "Cuban" sandwich looks like a regular sandwich to me. Don't see whats so Cuban about it. I'm not saying I wouldn't devour the hell out of it but what makes it Cuban? Is there some sort of cigar tobacco in it?

Draxal

You sound like you want to be participant 3 in the DK post-combine mock draft of boredom!

Futurevoid can handle all mock drafting for Giants fans.

My mocking usually leads to a lineman falling to Giants. I tried my hardest to make a mock last year having Chance Warmack, but I couldn't manage to make a sensible mock for that.

The bread is the most important differentiator. If you want an authentic Cuban, then it must use Cuban bread ( which is similar to French bread except it includes a fat element like lard ). It has a flakier crust and softer middle and is a bit more rectangular. It originated primarily in Florida. The rest of the ingredients are ham, roasted pork, swiss, mustard and pickles. Has to be mustard. I've seen places try to pass off a Cuban with fucking Mayo. Irritates me.

Well, Baalke was right, our D-line starters played an absurd 93% of snaps in 2012. They were completely beat by the time the playoffs rolled around - as shown by the 14PPG increase in points scored against us.

Dline was much more fresh this year and it showed in the playoffs.

2012... Their Super Bowl year? If they were too beat after a 2 week vacation they had no chance to win.

Doomsayer

2012... Their Super Bowl year? If they were to beat after a 2 week vacation they had no chance to win.

Aldon Smith had shoulder surgery right after, Justin Smith was playing with a partially torn triceps. It was a result of being overplayed in the regular season.

No pass rush that entire post season.

What are the conditions? If Evans and Watkins are there at #10 I could see some debate. If Evans somehow gets drafted first and Watkins falls to us at #10 then we'll draft Watkins.

If Evans and Watkins are both gone then I could see us looking at Ebrons or secondary.

But if Evans is there at #10 and Watkins is gone? No doubt in my mind we take him unless some previous injury or off-field incidents take place.

So yeah, I'm down for an avatar bet always, brother, but if Evans is available at #10, and Watkins is gone, we are taking Evans. Remember we drafted Darius Slay (DB, Ole Miss) as a second rounder last year. and he had a pretty decent rookie year.
Lions take any WR at 10 you win. They take anything else I win. Loser wears the ac from the draft to the start of the season

JABEE

Lions take any WR at 10 you win. They take anything else I win. Loser wears the ac from the draft to the start of the season

Don't get too cocky. This is the Lions we're talking about. Gata may have taken a stupid bet, but you are inching closer to the Gata if you don't think there is a chance the Lions take a receiver. The Lions are known to take shitty receivers with their early picks in the draft.

MRSA

Banned
Cuban sandwiches are amazing

But I'm gonna get some banh mi, the local spot is buy 2 get 1 free. $2.75 each.

banh-mi.jpg

I went to this mexican place called el gallo giro here in the valley and they have very good food, so one day I ordered their Cuban sandwich, figured it was an actual cuban (never had one before so I didn't know the difference), it looked like this:

l.jpg

it's basically bread, avocado, lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, ham, head cheese, 5 different types of meat. I thought it was pretty good, especially with the 5 layers of meat, but then one day I went with some co-workers to a Cuban restaurant and had another one...while I was shocked that it wasn't like the first one I had tried it was soooo freaking good and now I know the difference lol

MRSA

Banned
I went to this mexican place called el gallo giro here in the valley and they have very good food, so one day I ordered their Cuban sandwich, figured it was an actual cuban (never had one before so I didn't know the difference), it looked like this:

http://s3-media3.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/ELAizedHu3aBFc0twsk2jg/l.jpg[/IG]

it's basically bread, avocado, lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, ham, head cheese, 5 different types of meat. I thought it was pretty good, especially with the 5 layers of meat, but then one day I went with some co-workers to a Cuban restaurant and had another one...while I was shocked that it wasn't like the first one I had tried it was soooo freaking good and now I know the difference lol[/QUOTE]

You're ignorant, what you had was a Messican torta. There's one not too far from me, its open 24hrs. Its okay.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Deal.

*Firm Stafford Handshake*

EDIT: MRSA where is this local Bahn Mi in Southern Cali? Holy shit that looks delicious. I love me some Pho but never tried the Vietnamese take on sandwiches.

FV, do you like Yankey over Su'a-Filo, or just think he will be there for the Giants in Round 2?
I think Yankey is a first rounder. 20-30's, IMO. Prefer to move back into round 1 and pick up extra picks. I do like him more than Su'a- Filo. A bit younger, better footwork in the admittedly limited film I've seen of both hough i think Filo is the nastier of the two.

If we stay put at 12, grab Ebron and take Filo early in the second if he's still on the board.:) Dream draft scenario for me.

MRSA

Banned
Deal.

*Firm Stafford Handshake*

EDIT: MRSA where is this local Bahn Mi in Southern Cali? Holy shit that looks delicious. I love me some Pho but never tried the Vietnamese take on sandwiches.

Uh, it doesn't look like that really, that's a glamor shot you drunk Lions fan.

But there's tons of banh mi shops in SoCal you degenerate. I'll tell you what me and you will split some oxycodone, a 12 pack, and 6 banh mi sandwiches.

Konka

Banned

l.jpg

it's basically bread, avocado, lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, ham, head cheese, 5 different types of meat. I thought it was pretty good, especially with the 5 layers of meat, but then one day I went with some co-workers to a Cuban restaurant and had another one...while I was shocked that it wasn't like the first one I had tried it was soooo freaking good and now I know the difference lol

That's is a disgrace to Cuban Sandwiches everywhere.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Uh, it doesn't look like that really, that's a glamor shot you drunk Lions fan.

But there's tons of banh mi shops in SoCal you degenerate. I'll tell you what me and you will split some oxycodone, a 12 pack, and 6 banh mi sandwiches.

Deal.

PM sent.

I think Yankey is a first rounder. 20-30's, IMO. Prefer to move back into round 1 and pick up extra picks. I do like him more than Su'a- Filo. A bit younger, better footwork in the admittedly limited film I've seen of both hough i think Filo is the nastier of the two.

If we stay put at 12, grab Ebron and take Filo early in the second if he's still on the board.:) Dream draft scenario for me.
Ebron is a receiving TE, no? Sure the Giants want him?

Rorschach

l.jpg

Gallo Giro is a fast food chain. And their "cubana" torta is not a cuban sandwich. Also, their quality has taken a huge dive as of late. :\ They weren't amazizing, but they were pretty good for a big chain.

squicken

I've mostly seen the Giants mocked an OT, but now it seems everyone is moving Lewan up as a possible top 10. Can't say I've looked much at TEs as the Rams are stuck with Cook. I thought XSF moved better in the position drills than Yankey, but that's all I've really seen of either

Gallo Giro is a fast food chain. And their "cubana" torta is not a cuban sandwich. Also, their quality has taken a huge dive as of late. :\ They weren't amazizing, but they were pretty good for a big chain.

Haven't gone in forever since I've been to a ton of better mexican places, here in the valley there is a place called Las Fuentes that's miles better, my family used to know the owners too. I know they expanded too so I'm sure that quality took a hit

Ebron is a receiving TE, no? Sure the Giants want him?
He's flashed as a blocker. After I asked the question earlier I did some digging on him and he's not hopeless in that regard. The offense is changing with McAdoo and a pass catching big tight end is something the Giants haven't had since Shockey.

Adrien Robinson isn't the answer.

squicken

Different offense this year with McAdoo.

edit. I want an OT so we can kick back Pugh back inside. Having a guard that can play OT is an asset that the Giants traditionally value very highly.

Not sure where Zack Martin will go but he's supposed to be this year's Pugh. That's the really nice thing about Mathews is that he can probably play all 5 OL positions

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I was going to do a list for University of Maryland, but after Vernon Davis, it got bad.

Could be worse. I went to UC Davis, so the list is pretty much just Ken O'Brien.

Otherwise you get to guys like Mike Moroski, Bo Eason, Kevin Daft, and J.T. O'Sullivan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom