• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said many true things as well that you never seem to acknowledge. And he's right, the party system is a complete mess.

He hasnt been right about anything in a long time now, and the party system is not broken, its not even close to that. He also is flatout lying about the Titanfall info. He only posted yesterday because he was trying to deflate some of the hype around the bundle. The threads keep getting locked and bish is threatening a ban not because his info is wrong, but because it is clear he is making it up. I get why someone like you would want to defend him though.

most concerning thing about Sam was his vertical

I don't understand how 25.5 inches is even possible for a modern day linebacker coming out of a college program.

squicken

most concerning thing about Sam was his vertical

I don't understand how 25.5 inches is even possible for a modern day linebacker coming out of a college program.

Exactly. For a guy who can't play in coverage and is too small to be a 4-3 end, his best chance is a situational 3-4 rusher, like Aldon Smith was as a rookie. But he has no explosion. I'm glad my team doesn't fit for him b/c I'd hate to be the team that cuts him

Yeah screw that Clowney guy for wanting to be financially secure. He should play for free out of love for the game™.

Settle down you fascists.

Per the Charlotte Observer, the Panthers have restructured Stewart and Kalil, freeing 4.25 million in addition to the 3 million from restructuring Davis.

Hurneynomics

Yeah screw that Clowney guy for wanting to be financially secure. He should play for free out of love for the game™.

Settle down you fascists.

yiXWay0.gif

I'm certainly not going to blame him for wanting his.

I'd think if you wanted to get paid you'd guarantee you are the number 1 pick by abusing your competition the season before you get drafted.

Why play so hard if you're not getting paid for it? If anything last season showed Jadaveon is solely about the dough. He could give a shit about college loyalty, he wasn't putting his health on the line if he wasn't going to get financially compensated for it.

As for being the No.1 pick or not, he can more than make up that money lost in his second contract. That's where the big money is these days anyway.

Tom Penny

As for being the No.1 pick or not, he can more than make up that money lost in his second contract. That's where the big money is these days anyway.

Someone else stated if he doesn't get taken number 1 it would motivate him. Why would that motivate him then? Money better motivate him because it cracks me up when people say " Well Watt will make him better " like it's his job to motivate players and he gives a damn.

squicken

Someone else stated if he doesn't get taken number 1 it would motivate him. Why would that motivate him then? Money better motivate him because it cracks me up when people say " Well Watt will make him better " like it's his job to motivate players and he gives a damn.

He'll get draft, play with inconsistent effort, then turn it on the year before he's eligible for his extension. Best thing with a guy like him is get him on the franchise tag. Haynesworth had his best years when his contract was up

MechDX

He'll get draft, play with inconsistent effort, then turn it on the year before he's eligible for his extension. Best thing with a guy like him is get him on the franchise tag. Haynesworth had his best years when his contract was up

Mario WIlliams. I just can not get the damn comparison out of my head. Mario was having a stellar year in 2011 until he got hurt. Coincidence that was his contract year?

Just not worth the risk. All though I am starting to see some teams salivating at the thought of Clowney which makes the chances of the Texans trading the #1 pick better

squicken

They need to focus less on the 40 and more on the position drills. You can really see which guys can change direction and which can't. Really shows up between the different safeties. Clinton Dix is the only one that can move like a CB, but he's not as fast

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko
Based on people I've talked to last 48 hours. There is almost zero chance Manziel last past pick 5. Top 3 is increasingly likely #NFLDraft

Brugler has said the same thing. I wonder if that means the Jags like him, or everyone knows that he will go to CLE unless teams jump up to get him

Fox318

Why don't they do 40s with pads on? Wouldn't that give a more realistic demonstration of somebody's speed on the football field?

Wrayfield

40s are overrated. Look at Boldin, never a fast guy but a baller even at well past 30 years. Do the shuttles, throwing and catching with pads and helmets. Do they do that on their pro days at least?

Tom Penny

Why don't they do 40s with pads on? Wouldn't that give a more realistic demonstration of somebody's speed on the football field?

No. Were are the blockers, reading a defense or offense. You can't simulate game speed that is what film is for. WR runs a fast 40. Goes in NFL can't beat press coverage..his speed advantage is eliminated.

squicken

40s are overrated. Look at Boldin, never a fast guy but a baller even at well past 30 years. Do the shuttles, throwing and catching with pads and helmets. Do they do that on their pro days at least?

Pro Days are much more position specific. Coaches run them through drills. That's why today is awesome. They are showing all the drills

LJ11

It cracks me up knowing you completely bought into the narrative.

Dragon

Banned
He hasnt been right about anything in a long time now, and the party system is not broken, its not even close to that. He also is flatout lying about the Titanfall info. He only posted yesterday because he was trying to deflate some of the hype around the bundle. The threads keep getting locked and bish is threatening a ban not because his info is wrong, but because it is clear he is making it up. I get why someone like you would want to defend him though.

Dude the party system IS broken. It's an effin mess.

As far as your last sentence, that type of credibility assassination is pointless. I'm clear what I like, I never defended his posts regarding Titanfall anyway.

Horrible form.

LOL @ YH vs Dragon.

Microsoft vs Sony right before our eyes.

I like egging yankeehater on. He's a proud little man.

squicken

Barry Switzer sees. God I loved that man. Wish Stoops could cheat/coach like that sumbitch

If you had to start a team with one player, who would it be?

Well, Peyton is at the twilight of his career … This might surprise you, but I think the most dynamic player…

I’ve seen Michael Jordan and Oscar Robertson. I’ve seen Oscar Robertson play live. I saw him against my college team as a sophomore for Cincinnati. With three minutes left to go in the game, my team had 54 points and Oscar had 56, so he’s outscoring my team. He’s the only player, and then Michael Jordan comes along, but [Robertson's] the only player that can take control of a game and win a game by himself.

Well, let me tell you, Johnny Manziel is the first football player I’ve ever seen that can control the game like those guys did basketball. It’s unbelievable the numbers that he can put up against the competition game after game after game.

I don’t like some of his antics. I’m sure Kevin Sumlin didn’t either. That all aside, let me tell you, he is a great, great football player. And I predict he’ll be drafted within the first five picks if he’s not the first pick overall. I bet he’ll be no. 1 on a lot of people’s board.

squicken

That is...unexpected.

LT becomes super fucking dire.

Yeah. I'm not trolling, but this is why I thought CAR's window might have been a one off rather than a sustained run. Bad cap and really old at spots. Talking of getting rid of Smith and Gross retiring. Luckily the defense stays strong if they do indeed tag Hardy

And the D did carry them. But it's going to be harder for the offense to improve needing probably two tackles and a WR. Good draft to need those two things, though. Not as bad a situation as I think the media will portray it today

Dude the party system IS broken. It's an effin mess.

As far as your last sentence, that type of credibility assassination is pointless. I'm clear what I like, I never defended his posts regarding Titanfall anyway.

I like egging yankeehater on. He's a proud little man.

In the latest rumor he says that TF doesnt use the XB1 party system and in fact uses its own. This is demonstrably false. In game if you hit RT to invite a friend it launches the XB1 party app, also if you are in a party before you launch the game it puts everyone in the party together in the game. Unlike you I have actually played TF on the XB1 so I know how it works. You are not egging me on, you are just looking silly trying to defend CBOAT in this case. He is clearly try to spread misinformation and he is going to end up banned for it.

I bet yankeehater doesn't even own Microsoft stock.

I in fact do not own any stock in any company. I have no interest in the stock market.

Draxal

I have to reiterate this is such an amazing draft. The top tier talent is amazing. First five picks would have probably gone first overall last year.

And the quarterback drama is going to push elite talent down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom