• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
What is your kind?

The kind that thinks this is funny:
cut_off_florida.gif

Eisen about to do his 40?

richantlers.gif

Dragon

Banned
Brunette > all

Problem I have with redheads is they're either ridiculously hot or ugly. And I'm a pretty average looking dude. So I'll take brunettes any day!

Spinluck

The kind that thinks this is funny:
cut_off_florida.gif

I like that GIF.

Florida really should be it's own country. Near perfect weather all year, the people can't drive, attractive women from all over the world come to visit, most of the population is dumb, racist, Gata, and great food. I will say at least we don't have Sony fanboy Pats fan hybrids.

Wes

venison crêpe
Haha Eisen ran 6 flat then managed to break it with 5.98.

And let's not joke around with such important topics. Blonde is best.

Spinluck

I can't really decide on hair color. I feel like they're hotties distributed fairly in every group.

I will say I probably lean more towards darker hair.

Dragon

Banned
I like that GIF.

Florida really should be it's own country. Near perfect weather all year, the people can't drive, attractive women from all over the world come to visit, most of the population is dumb, racist, Gata, and great food. I will say at least we don't have Sony fanboy Pats fan hybrids.

That last sentence makes me smile. Thanks SpinDasher!

3 way trade going down: Josh Gordon to Pats, Mallet to Texans and Schaub to Browns!
--Via Twitter

Everyone wins except the Browns. I'll take it.

exarkun

After watching Clowney, hes such a physical specimen its almost impossible for the Texans to not draft him number one. And you know the staff and Watt will be able to teach him technique-wise and keep him in shape. I don't agree with Squicken that with Watt, he becomes a luxury pick. I think because of Watt he becomes someone you honestly begin to think of drafting in order to pair them up. Though Clowney seems like he would do better standing up.

That said, I love Mack and Pierre-Louis. If the Texans could trade down, grab one those guys, and get a qb, I'd fap furiously. I think they could do it if they went after Pierre-Louis. Kind of hated Van Noy's combine, and I didn't love him coming out of college, but my two agent friends are all over his nuts and his potential.

Fake Edit: oh and Blonde > Brunette, unless the Brunette has striking facial features.

Greg

I don't care what color their hair is as long as they have a great personality.

And enough money to buy a few diners.

I like that GIF.

Aren't you a born and raised Floridian? I was born here but just moved here recently.

If the Texans draft Clowney I will laugh my ass off.

They have no QB and a shit offense. I don't care how good their D is, it's not getting past the Wild Card.

rando14

Oh I'm not saying she's suddenly ugly or anything, but the red hair made her really pretty, then she went with a dirty blonde and she just couldn't pull it off, her face looked weird and a lot older, still had a nice body though.

Trejo. You know what you have to do, now!!

squicken

After watching Clowney, hes such a physical specimen its almost impossible for the Texans to not draft him number one. .

The year Peyton was hurt, Hall of Famers Mathis and Freeney were still on the Colts and played all 16 games. They went 2-14 b/c their QBs sucked

rando14

The year Peyton was hurt, Hall of Famers Mathis and Freeney were still on the Colts and played all 16 games. They went 2-14 b/c their QBs sucked

Sounds like I should give Russell "Trent Dilfer 2.0" Wilson more credit for the super bowl then!! ;)

lol she works on a different floor, I rarely ever see her. If fact I'm not even sure she still works here.

Damn it Trejo, if we can't chat about your sexual escapades than what the hell are we gonna talk about?? Actual football?? :mad:

squicken

I think some of the media guys I follow on Twitter who are CAR fans might start crying soon. Whining about the state of CAR's line. Cam was the exception. Most #1 overall picks play behind shit lines. And not typical fans "our line sucks" but is actually okay, but more Carr/Bradford/Luck tier "try not to die" line play. Took the Rams until 2013 for a decent line, and I believe Luck is slated to get his in 2025

Sounds like I should give Russell "Trent Dilfer 2.0" Wilson more credit for the super bowl then!! ;)

Damn it Trejo, if we can't chat about your sexual escapades than what the hell are we gonna talk about?? Actual football?? :mad:

Hmmm yeah we can't have that, ok maybe I can try with someone from class...in the name of NFL-Gaf!

I think some of the media guys I follow on Twitter who are CAR fans might start crying soon. Whining about the state of CAR's line. Cam was the exception. Most #1 overall picks play behind shit lines. And not typical fans "our line sucks" but is actually okay, but more Carr/Bradford/Luck tier "try not to die" line play. Took the Rams until 2013 for a decent line, and I believe Luck is slated to get his in 2025

I heard the rams are targeting a tackle after signing Long last year, glad we didn't sign him, one guy wasn't going to help our shit offensive line and he would have been out for our "playoff" push anyways.

The Rams are currently trying to re-sign their tackle Saffold. Apparently we have interest in him if they don't get a deal done. How good is he anyway, Squicken? I figure if they're bothering to try and keep him he can't be terrible.

The Rams are currently trying to re-sign their tackle Saffold. Apparently we have interest in him if they don't get a deal done. How good is he anyway, Squicken? I figure if they're bothering to try and keep him he can't be terrible.

Eh we want to resign Nolan Carroll for some reason, maybe their front office isn't run by idiots though.

squicken

I heard the rams are targeting a tackle after signing Long last year, glad we didn't sign him, one guy wasn't going to help our shit offensive line and he would have been out for our "playoff" push anyways.

?

Long was fine. He missed the last 2 games, and he can't handle elite pass rushers, but he's above average at pass pro and can run block very well. The line was good until all the old guys starting getting hurt. They will be rebuilding the OL b/c it's been the same shit for 5 years where they cobble together a line of cast offs and old FAs that can't stay healthy or suck

They need 4 new starters if Saffold leaves and Long is very injury prone

@Squall

Saffold is an okay LT, but has All Pro talent at guard. They finally played him there last year and he was devastating. But he's so versatile, once the injuries piled up, they had to start moving him around

His agents are saying he won't play RT. LT or guard. I think he wants to stop getting moved around so he can get some professional recognition

?

Long was fine. He missed the last 2 games, and he can't handle elite pass rushers, but he's above average at pass pro and can run block very well. The line was good until all the old guys starting getting hurt. They will be rebuilding the OL b/c it's been the same shit for 5 years where they cobble together a line of cast offs and old FAs that can't stay healthy or suck

They need 4 new starters if Saffold leaves and Long is very injury prone

From my twitter:

@AdamHbeasley
ESPN speculating the Rams will take Greg Robinson the year after signing Jake Long to a huge deal.

Their oline woes sound exactly like Miami, with Ireland at the helm they spent an insane amount of money on the oline only for it to get worse year after year, I didn't mind that we let Long walk because I thought Ireland would find a replacement in the draft. It was obvious martin couldn't play tackle, but the idiot decided to trade up for a DE, who's 3rd best on the team :/ anyways I'm just glad we didn't sign Long, it lead to the end of Ireland so win/win.

Sappy113

From my twitter:

Their oline woes sound exactly like Miami, with Ireland at the helm they spent an insane amount of money on the oline only for it to get worse year after year, I didn't mind that we let Long walk because I thought Ireland would find a replacement in the draft. It was obvious martin couldn't play tackle, but the idiot decided to trade up for a DE, who's 3rd best on the team :/ anyways I'm just glad we didn't sign Long, it lead to the end of Ireland so win/win.

It the Rams do pick Robinson, they'll likely play him at Guard for at least a year or two, until Long calls it in. Long mostly played fine at LT this past season, especially as a run blocker, so there's no need to replace him now if he's healthy before the start of the season.

LG is a giant need, though, and plugging Robinson in there would give the Rams two things: a hell of a run-blocking left side of the unit, as well as a replacement for Jake Long a few years down the line. Solves a problem now, solves a future problem, so it makes good sense.

Draxal

Ayup, Robinson's jump this high wasn't that suprising with this combine.

These is my top 5 mock right now. Houston, will try to trade up to grab Bortles with their second and a future pick imho.

1. Clowney - Texans
2. Robinson - Rams
3. Manziel - Jags
4. Bridgewater - Browns
5. Watkins - Raiders (I know QB is a need, but I think they'll go far Carr later on as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom