• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

Ayup, Robinson's jump this high wasn't that suprising with this combine.

These is my top 5 mock right now. Houston, will try to trade up to grab Bortles with their second and a future pick imho.

1. Clowney - Texans
2. Robinson - Rams
3. Manziel - Jags
4. Bridgewater - Browns
5. Watkins - Raiders

I've seen the consensus turn toward Manziel to the Jaguars recently, but I still see Teddy Bridgewater as the most likely candidate to go there. Whenever Gus Bradley talks about what he saw in Russell Wilson that made him special, he speaks of Wilson's tireless work ethic, which seems to be an area that Bridgewater has an advantage in over Manziel. I think a lot of analysts are making too much of the "short, scrambles around" shared aspect of Wilson/Manziel. They're not very similar QBs besides that.

Ayup, Robinson's jump this high wasn't that suprising with this combine.

These is my top 5 mock right now. Houston, will try to trade up to grab Bortles with their second and a future pick imho.

1. Clowney - Texans
2. Robinson - Rams
3. Manziel - Jags
4. Bridgewater - Browns
5. Watkins - Raiders (I know QB is a need, but I think they'll go far Carr later on as well).

Poor Watkins.

Draxal

I've seen the consensus turn toward Manziel to the Jaguars recently, but I still see Teddy Bridgewater as the most likely candidate to go there. Whenever Gus Bradley talks about what he saw in Russell Wilson that made him special, he speaks of Wilson's tireless work ethic, which seems to be an area that Bridgewater has an advantage in over Manziel. I think a lot of analysts are making too much of the "short, scrambles around" shared aspect of Wilson/Manziel. They're not very similar QBs besides that.

I don't think you want to compare any qb to Wilson perse and get the best fit for that particular franchise.

And I'm really thinking Khan has a huge say in waking up a moribund fanbase, I like Teddy but JFF is more exciting to a fanbase.

Poor Watkins.

xrHx5XE.gif

rando14

NFL could pull Super Bowl if Arizona religious rights bill passes

The Religious Freedom Restoration Act, S.B. 1062, is the current controversy du jour out of Arizona, and the National Football League is with the opposition.

“Our policies emphasize tolerance and inclusiveness and prohibit discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other improper standard,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told USA Today. “We are following the issue in Arizona and will continue to do so should the bill be signed into law, but will decline further comment at this time.”

The Arizona Super Bowl Host committee released a statement saying it disagreed with the bill and its impact on Arizona’s economy.

“On that matter we have heard loud and clear from our various stakeholders that adoption of this legislation would not only run contrary to that goal but deal a significant blow to the state's economic growth potential,” a committee spokesperson said. “We do not support this legislation.”

Get your shit together, Arizona!!

I doubt very much the nfl will do anything in the end though

Boose

Not trying to Troll or anything, but how many recent high draft picks have the Rams spent on WR?

Recent being last 5 years.High picks meaning 1st-2nd rounds.

We got Tavon last year at pick 8, and Brian Quick at pick 33 the year before.

Love Tavon so far but my expectation were not as sky high as most rams fans.

And I'm more optimistic about Quick than most, I still believe they need to pick up a big body WR somewhere this off-season. Would love Evans at 13.

Talamius

squicken

Rams beat writer did a chat today and seems pretty sure about the Texans taking a QB. Doesn't know who, but that was the assumption at the Combine amongst the various teams he talked to

Recent being last 5 years.High picks meaning 1st-2nd rounds.

We got Tavon last year at pick 8, and Brian Quick at pick 33 the year before.

Love Tavon so far but my expectation were not as sky high as most rams fans.

And I'm more optimistic about Quick than most, I still believe they need to pick up a big body WR somewhere this off-season. Would love Evans at 13.

And expanding that to the 3rd round, it's Stedman Bailey and Austin Pettis. But if using a draft pick automatically solved a problem, then the Colts would have an All Pro running back

Take with grains of salt
Keith Britton‏ @ KeithBritton86 8 mins
Mike Florio ( @ ProFootballTalk) on @ BullandFox: "I guarantee you Grossman's gonna get signed by the Cleveland Browns" http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014/02/25/mike-florio-says-i-guarantee-you-grossmans-gonna-get- signed-by-browns/ …
Jcamp era could be over :/ .....rather keep Campbell I think

Also random but I really want to know what Rb the browns will draft, I only know that we've met with Ka'Deem Carey so far

MechDX

Take with grains of salt

But Jcamp era could be over :/ .....rather keep Campbell I think

Also random but I really want to know what Rb the browns will draft, I only know that we've met with Ka'Deem Cary so far

Florio is a fucking tool. Only reason he assumes that is because Grossman knows Shanahans system. Browns should wait it out and see if Yates or Keenum get released.

squicken

When your team has no QB always draft a defensive player since they will provide the most impact.

This. Watt had the best season a defender has ever had and the Pats smoked the Texans in a playoff game. Schoob imploded and killed them the next year. Teams can preach all they want about not reaching and BPA, but when there's no QB it's just wasting time

rando14

This. Watt had the best season a defender has ever had and the Pats smoked the Texans in a playoff game. Schoob imploded and killed them the next year. Teams can preach all they want about not reaching and BPA, but when there's no QB it's just wasting time

Hell, the Jets went 8-8 with Geno.

MechDX

960x595.jpg

In BOB we trust!

Guy is off to a hell of a start! Hosts on 610 last night about their frustrations because O'Brien hasn't said anything about what systems he will run(offense and defensive), how the team will be built, nothing. Very Belichickian

Tom Penny

So all the talk last year about how Schaub sucked and was throwing away games was a myth. It was their top rated defenses fault. I've been duped.

ShaneB

When your team has no QB always draft a defensive player since they will provide the most impact.

Co-signed.

I'd imagine everyone should know by now that it's defence that wins championships.

Any player could be a bust, but I'd always feel safer taking a player on the defensive side of the ball.

Draxal

Hypebole much? White/LT/Deacon Jones all had better seasons than Watt did.

Ehh, can't make a QB worth the number one if it isn't worth the number one overall. If I'm Texas, I'd trade down.

What could possibly go wrong trading out of every round for 7th round picks and then drafting half of Rutgers' roster?

Hey now the Rutgers players on that team are actually playing well!

If only they had tried cheating instead of bullying. :(

Infinitely more SB's than the Texans have ever sniffed. Good job on beating up on the team while they are garbage, though.

NO! We can't succumb to the dark side like the pats did, good will triumph over evil, it's just that we really really sucks so it's going to take a little longer that's all.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Teams calling the Bucs to inquire about Darrelle Revis, and some rival execs believe he is ripe to be dealt at start of league year ...

Get it done Gettleman

lolno, we can't even afford one of Darrelle Revis's shoes

cdyhybrid

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Teams calling the Bucs to inquire about Darrelle Revis, and some rival execs believe he is ripe to be dealt at start of league year ...

Get it done Gettleman

lolno, we can't even afford one of Darrelle Revis's shoes

Why pay for him when you can just draft a better corner in the 5th round like we did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom