• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Teams calling the Bucs to inquire about Darrelle Revis, and some rival execs believe he is ripe to be dealt at start of league year ...

Get it done Gettleman

lolno, we can't even afford one of Darrelle Revis's shoes

Interesting. There was talk last year that the Eagles were interested in him but didnt want to give up what the Jets were asking. I assume the Bucs would be asking for considerably less.

MechDX

world-s-tallest-midget-351.png

Maybe try that instead of letter jackets next time.

We were doing our best Dolphins impression and letting the Pats roll over us

Colasante

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Teams calling the Bucs to inquire about Darrelle Revis, and some rival execs believe he is ripe to be dealt at start of league year ...

Get it done Gettleman

lolno, we can't even afford one of Darrelle Revis's shoes

Teams with a lot of cap space that need a cornerback include the Raiders, Jaguars, Browns, and Vikings. I can definitely see the Raiders trading for him, the other teams not as much so.

squicken

Hypebole much? White/LT/Deacon Jones all had better seasons than Watt did.

Ehh, can't make a QB worth the number one if it isn't worth the number one overall. If I'm Texas, I'd trade down.
!

I'd say no one had a better year. Hard to really compare defenders' years since there's so much context needed. Best I've ever seen, at least

MechDX

You mean like the last time the Dolphins and Pats played?

What has your panties all twisted?

i hope we don't do our best dolphins impression and waste a top 5 pick on a bust defensive lineman

He's just jealous. Both franchises had a bad season but one team saw their issue and rectified it and the other out shined the Browns with ineptness. And even the Browns are finally getting it corrected.

MRSA

Banned
Teams with a lot of cap space that need a cornerback include the Raiders, Jaguars, Browns, and Vikings. I can definitely see the Raiders trading for him, the other teams not as much so.

Raiders aren't going to trade for him. Unless they want a 3rd or 4th rounder for him, and a restructured contract.

Even with Watt playing as well as he did, Texans really didn't have much of a pass rush. They ranked at the very bottom with Gata's team and Chicago in sacks, I believe.

I'm not sure any of these QB's make that big of an impact their first year anyway. BOB can probably get the same production out of Yates, Keenum or maybe even Schoob instead of using the first pick, unless they really think they are picking their QB for the next decade.

My money is on them taking Clowney and drafting a QB in 2nd or 3rd.

MechDX

Even with Watt playing as well as he did, Texans really didn't have much of a pass rush. They ranked at the very bottom with Gata's team and Chicago in sacks, I believe.

I'm not sure any of these QB's make that big of an impact their first year anyway. BOB can probably get the same production out of Yates, Keenum or maybe even Schoob instead of using the first pick, unless they really think they are picking their QB for the next decade.

My money is on them taking Clowney and drafting a QB in 2nd or 3rd.

There was absolutely no pass rush with the exception of Watt. Our OLB's had a total of like 5 sacks. How the hell does that happen when Watt is consistently getting double and triple teamed? Watt himself still managed 10+ sacks

And some people wanted Wade to stay on.......

Never forget motherfucker
]

Your mom know you talk like that?

Colasante

Raiders aren't going to trade for him. Unless they want a 3rd or 4th rounder for him, and a restructured contract.

I don't think Revis will cost a 1st round pick at this point, even though he had a successful and healthy season. His contract is just too onerous. I view this as a make or break year for Reggie McKenzie, one in which he'll have very few excuses if the team doesn't perform much better, and he'll have the cap space to accommodate Revis' $16 million price tag, so if he could trade, say, a 3rd and 5th or something for Revis, I think he'd do it. Maybe even a second. The only reason I think it's unlikely is that the cornerback free agent class is pretty deep and there will be a buyer's market, so McKenzie may look at inferior corners like DRC or Verner, who he can acquire without compensation.

squicken

I don't think Revis will cost a 1st round pick at this point, even though he had a successful and healthy season. His contract is just too onerous. I view this as a make or break year for Reggie McKenzie, one in which he'll have very few excuses if the team doesn't perform much better, and he'll have the cap space to accommodate Revis' $16 million price tag, so if he could trade, say, a 3rd and 5th or something for Revis, I think he'd do it. Maybe even a second. The only reason I think it's unlikely is that the cornerback free agent class is pretty deep and there will be a buyer's market, so McKenzie may look at inferior corners like DRC or Verner, who he can acquire without compensation.

Wouldn't put it past Revis' agents to be doing this ... again. He may want out of TB b/c he doesn't want to be in Lovie's scheme, or he wants more guaranteed money. People said after he signed the deal that he'd be back to whining again when had any sort of leverage to do so

Reggie will probably get his 5 years. DA needs to win 7 games to keep his job.

No chance they will trade for Revis tho, and I actually prefer signing Verner to a long term deal at this point in their careers.

squicken

You expect every player to be on the pats..........
You're worst then most these beat writers...
Edit: sorry jags fans, but I feel Jax would ruin Manziel

Nah I like the Gus Bus! But Browns are cool too. I just don't want the Browns to give up both firsts and then the fans and media start out all salty about what it cost to trade up

Jaws just said he expects JFF to fall to #22 and be there if Chip wants him. I dont see how that could possibly happen but I would be happy if it did.

Tom Penny

There was absolutely no pass rush with the exception of Watt. Our OLB's had a total of like 5 sacks. How the hell does that happen when Watt is consistently getting double and triple teamed? Watt himself still managed 10+ sacks

How did the Texans only give up 3000 yards passing with no pass rush in a league geared for teams to throw all over you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom