• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

I put more of that on Caldwell and the GM for not seeing the shit at QB.

Yea this. Also, as Mech pointed out, it would be enough to squash the AFC South as it is now. Pagano kind of sucks, makes great second half adjustments (if that him or his staff), but their original gameplans are awful and they only start winning when they throw the run first mentality away in the second half. Jax is a lost cause, Titans are garbo (may Adams RIP while getting a pineapple in his ass), and the texans can win with a good D and mediocre O.

Still want a LB though. How many teams could benefit from drafting a solid LB? Probably half the league, and this is a deep-ish draft for LBs.

MechDX

Yea this. Also, as Mech pointed out, it would be enough to squash the AFC South as it is now. Pagano kind of sucks, makes great second half adjustments (if that him or his staff), but their original gameplans are awful and they only start winning when they throw the run first mentality away in the second half. Jax is a lost cause, Titans are garbo (may Adams RIP while getting a pineapple in his ass), and the texans can win with a good D and mediocre O.

Still want a LB though. How many teams could benefit from drafting a solid LB? Probably half the league, and this is a deep-ish draft for LBs.

ILB or OLB? We need both. OLB's in free agency are not very good. I hope they move Brooks Reed inside next to Cushing and resign Mays as a back up. Reed just plain sucks outside.

Polian knew what he had at QB and rolled with it, rubbing his hands in anticipation at what he'd have the year after.

And that is complete and utter chickenshit.

Nah I like the Gus Bus! But Browns are cool too. I just don't want the Browns to give up both firsts and then the fans and media start out all salty about what it cost to trade up
You think he'd do better on the jags? And I don't think we'd have to give up two first, but do what you have to do to get the Qb you like. Wasn't the original assumption that the trade was made to have ammo for a Qb? A little to much emphasis is put on draft picks sometimes and not the player. At this point though, I kinda think we can get a Qb we like at 4. If not I'm not opposed to trading up. This draft is all about Qb for me.
no i dont
Your post history would suggest differently.....

Colasante

I have no idea who the Pats take now. Aaron Donald looks like he wont be their anymore and idk if Jace Amaro is worth a 1st.

I think it'll have to be either a defensive tackle or guard. Nothing would surprise me though, I could see a strong safety, pass rusher, tight end, or cornerback if the right player slid to them.

Aaron Donald is my dream pick, but I don't think Bill would spend a first on an undersized defensive lineman, even despite how athletic and disruptive he is. I'd also love Dee Ford to spell Jones and Ninkovich, but again, he's undersized relative to what Bill likes.

No way. The way Dallas is talking they take him at 16 or move up

Add in historically bad special teams as well.

And opponents had a short field to score most of the time.

Liking Jonathan Dowling as a late round roaming FS for the Raiders. Has good range and size.

Like Brandon Dixon as well.

squicken

You think he'd do better on the jags? And I don't think we'd have to give up two first, but do what you have to do to get the Qb you like. Wasn't the original assumption that the trade was made to have ammo for a Qb? A little to much emphasis is put on draft picks sometimes and not the player. At this point though, I kinda think we can get a Qb we like at 4. If not I'm not opposed to trading up. This draft is all about Qb for me.

I like the climate better for his game. But otherwise I just like the way they are building things there. The AFCS could turn into the NFCW where it was awful for years and then turns around real fast.

I agree w/you about the Browns and what they should do. That was Lombardi's plan and at least on that, Farmer would be wise to go with it. Get whichever guy they want. At worst their 2nd choice is available since the Rams will definitely trade out of 2 if they get a good offer

Damn girl was sexually assaulted at my school last week:

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Community College Bureau, who handles policing for the eight community colleges in L.A. County, say the attack happened between 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. last Thursday in the parking lot next to the school's music department.

The student's car broke down due to a dead battery and she called a tow truck for help. According to the sheriff's department, a man with a road side service showed up. The victim told investigators that while the man was charging her battery, he grabbed her.

The victim then ran back in her car, locked it, and stayed inside while the man finished charging her battery. When he was finished, she drove off.

That's right by one of my classes and it's really dark and lonely there around there especially since they are doing construction right there.

I like the climate better for his game. But otherwise I just like the way they are building things there. The AFCS could turn into the NFCW where it was awful for years and then turns around real fast.

I agree w/you about the Browns and what they should do. That was Lombardi's plan and at least on that, Farmer would be wise to go with it. Get whichever guy they want. At worst their 2nd choice is available since the Rams will definitely trade out of 2 if they get a good offer
I've said it before, but I personally hate the climate argument when talking about Qbs. No offense but it's silly to me. " let's pick a Qb based on 2, maybe 4 games out of the whole season". And me personally just think there's way more talent here In Cleveland. I'd kinda compare us to the Chiefs, lots of talent but Qb, coaching, and little things were losing us games. Also Josh Gordon/Cameron will make any of these qbs look good. We've got a pretty good Oline and Defense, and I have to think the draft will be O centric.

Colasante

Damn girl was sexually assaulted at my school last week:

That's right by one of my classes and it's really dark and lonely there around there especially since they are doing construction right there.

So after the failed rape, he finished recharging her battery? That's... nice of him.

I've said it before, but I personally hate the climate argument when talking about Qbs. No offense but it's silly to me. " let's pick a Qb based on 2, maybe 4 games out of the whole season". And me personally just think there's way more talent here In Cleveland. I'd kinda compare us to the Chiefs, lots of talent but Qb, coaching, and little things were losing us games. Also Josh Gordon/Cameron will make any of these qbs look good. We've got a pretty good Oline and Defense, and I have to think the draft will be O centric.

But you're the Browns.

squicken

I see your point, and I think whichever QB takes over there is in a great spot. For whatever reason Grossi loves Hoyer and wants him to start over any of these QBs, yet hates the old GM who brought the guy in

squicken

Favorite artist by state. Texas=great taste. Coldplay is in Idaho?

BhWQtoVCMAEQXxH.png

I see your point, and I think whichever QB takes over there is in a great spot. For whatever reason Grossi loves Hoyer and wants him to start over any of these QBs, yet hates the old GM who brought the guy in
I like Hoyer too, but the hype is ridiculous. I think it's a combo of hometown kid, win streak (2 games I believe), and sadly better Qb play then we've seen lately. It be FOOLISH to me to go into the season with Hoyer as the main guy, without a high pick. Just based on his two games.

squicken

Jeff Fisher hasn't coached a WR who went over 800 yards since 2004, and the Rams haven't had a WR go over 700 yards since Holt in 2008. Really need to fix the OL but it's hard to argue against finally getting a true WR1 if that is Watkins

I like Hoyer too, but the hype is ridiculous. I think it's a combo of hometown kid, win streak (2 games I believe), and sadly better Qb plan then we've seen lately. It be FOOLISH to me to go into the season with Hoyer as the main guy, without a high pick. Just based on his two games.

ohh that's right. I forgot he was the hometown guy.

Fox318

Jeff Fisher hasn't coached a WR who went over 800 yards since 2004, and the Rams haven't had a WR go over 700 yards since Holt in 2008. Really need to fix the OL but it's hard to argue against finally getting a true WR1 if that is Watkins

Can the receiver run slants?

You guys need to get a new OC.

Sounds like you guys need to trade for Greg Little, but Robinson is getting Larry Allen comparisons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom