• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
But you're the Browns.

weeden-fourth-of-julyjpg-590149f2c21efa65.jpg

And this guy has one of his 4 career victories over your team you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttccccccccchhhhhhh!!!

squicken

Why not? Even Matt Leinart got work. I don't think he's Leinart bad.

He doesn't fit the mold for either a developmental player or a vet to help bring professionalism to a QB room. Like I think someone will give Gabbert another shot b/c he is young. Just not sure w/ Weeds

MechDX

Ross Villarreal ‏@SportsRV · 16m
I want the #Texans to sign free agent QB David Carr to mentor #1 overall pick Derek Carr. Twitter would be incredible.

This would infuriate me yet get me so excited all at once. Sports radio would be glorious!

Rorschach

He doesn't fit the mold for either a developmental player or a vet to help bring professionalism to a QB room. Like I think someone will give Gabbert another shot b/c he is young. Just not sure w/ Weeds
He has some ability and benefit of the doubt that comes with being on the Browns. Those young guys like Quinn get a chance despite shitty workouts, but I think weeden can actually have a decent tryout. He's really not as bad as he's made out to be. He's at least good enough to be a third stringer and I think he's capable of being a backup. You don't need to be young or highly experienced to backup an established QB. You just need to put in the work.

squicken

They traded UP to get Trent

It's really one of the worst drafts in a long time

And I actually thought Weeden would do well in Norv's offense. He just can't play off schedule at all. Maybe I am wrong, but I think his turnover issues are going to scare teams away from wanting him as a backup. Not many teams keep a 3rd string QB aside from a practice squad guy

MechDX

My early expectations are slowly changing. Im starting to believe the Texans wont draft a QB in the first. Don't necessarily agree with it but Its a feeling

Syrinx

I wouldn't be against trading Darrelle Revis if we got like, a second round pick for him. Would kinda suck after trading a first (and a third this year, which bites) for him, but I suppose new regimes don't give a fuck what the last one did.

squicken

Trent Baalke had to call the Lions and Seahawks and apologize for Harbaugh after the firm handshake and for questioning Seattle about the PED suspensions

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...ough-it-owen-marecic-a-j-jenkins-aldon-smith/

* Harbaugh’s habit of riling up opponents has caused Baalke some irritation–and forced him to make some conciliatory phone calls after particularly impulsive Harbaugh events.

These would include the Harbaugh-Jim Schwartz “over-enthusiastic” post-game handshake and Harbaugh’s jibe at the Seahawks after several Seattle players flunked PED tests, saying ”you always want to be above reproach.”

Let's not act like your boy JCamp wasn't fraudulent either sir.

He fooled you with his few games of good play then reverted back to captain checkdown.
Yeah, but I never thought Jcamp was the greatest thing ever. Just knew he was a better option then Weeden. Never thought he was a long term option, most of my Jcamp stuff was jokes like Thad Lewis (TL9)
If we had to lose, I woulda rather watched Jcamp lose then Weeden
Edit: but do I think Camp can be a decent starter in the league? And really good backup? Yes.

Colasante

I wouldn't be against trading Darrelle Revis if we got like, a second round pick for him. Would kinda suck after trading a first (and a third this year, which bites) for him, but I suppose new regimes don't give a fuck what the last one did.

If you trade Revis before March 13, the pick to the Jets becomes a 4th instead of a 3rd. Lovie's system isn't pure Cover 2 anymore, but it still seems like Revis' skillset won't be maximized in it. It may make sense to trade him, and you'll be relieved of the $16 million cap hit each year.

Syrinx

If you trade Revis before March 13, the pick to the Jets becomes a 4th instead of a 3rd. Lovie's system isn't pure Cover 2 anymore, but it still seems like Revis' skillset won't be maximized in it. It may make sense to trade him, and you'll be relieved of the $16 million cap hit each year.

Didn't realize this, and now trading him might be the correct option. Course we''ll be thin at CB again, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for Verrett or Fuller or somebody else with their second. But some of that money can go toward a decent DE and some WR depth.

squicken

Didn't realize this, and now trading him might be the correct option. Course we''ll be thin at CB again, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for Verrett or Fuller or somebody else with their second. But some of that money can go toward a decent DE and some WR depth.

So let Bennett go in order to trade a first away and give a ton of money to Revis for one year, then trade Revis to go after a pass rusher?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah, but I never thought Jcamp was the greatest thing ever. Just knew he was a better option then Weeden. Never thought he was a long term option, most of my Jcamp stuff was jokes like Thad Lewis (TL9)
If we had to lose, I woulda rather watched Jcamp lose then Weeden
Edit: but do I think Camp can be a decent starter in the league? And really good backup? Yes.

It's because of your hate that we don't have the #3 pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom