• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Ok so I'm a little farther into the essential smart football, so far I really like it, it goes into various defenses and offenses, how they came about and their philosophy, but it's a little disjointed. It starts off talking about the spread offense then moves onto the 3-3-5, then back to offense with the 4 vertical etc still it's a good read and gives you a clearer picture of what those schemes are trying to do. I also wish it had more diagrams,

Yeah, it's just a collection of essays. They aren't related.

Dragon

Banned
Screen%20Shot%202014-02-26%20at%209.52.36%20AM.png

Syrinx

USA Today: Buccaneers lighten up under Lovie Smith, Jason Licht

Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht can joke about coach Lovie Smith having final say over the roster.

In Licht's mind, the impact will be "none, zero, zero" — even if he won't offer specifics about how he expects to resolve things the first time he and Smith butt heads.

"We walk into a room, we shut the door, and when we come out we have the decision made," Licht told USA TODAY Sports last week at the NFL scouting combine, then added with a laugh, "Maybe we'll have a chalkboard with my wins and Lovie's wins and we just keep track."

It's a new era at Bucs headquarters, where a vibe of inclusion has replaced the tension and gloom of a 4-12 season marked by an eight-game losing streak, an ugly divorce from quarterback Josh Freeman and an outbreak of MRSA infections that struck three players.

Smith also recommended reopening the team's weight room to all employees when players weren't using it — a subtle but meaningful gesture as the new regime tries to build the atmosphere it wants in the building.

"He's a really calming presence with the stress of a new job and dealing with free agency, the draft, our own evaluations all going on at the same time," Licht said. "Being around him actually brings down the stress level, because he's got that attitude: 'Hey, it's all going to get done.'"

"We've got a great road map put in front of us that we've designed," Licht said. "We're going to be proactive. We're going to look for a lot of value, and value doesn't necessarily mean cheap — it just means getting a great return on your investment.

"We've got some ammunition to do it."

Did anyone catch the CBs at the combine? I wanted to see how Dennard and Gilbert compared there. Anyone have their numbers or any of you have your own impressions from watching them?

Vio-Lence

Banned
Did anyone catch the CBs at the combine? I wanted to see how Dennard and Gilbert compared there. Anyone have their numbers or any of you have your own impressions from watching them?

The bleacher report has a good write up of both players. Gilbert killed it at the combine. Stock is on the rise. Solidified top 10 status. Dennard reportedly looked stiff in positional drills and did not run the 40 quite as well. Google for more details.

MechDX

My favorite @NFL Scouting Combine question from one team to prospects: “Which team do you pick in Madden and why?”
--Twitter

Better than "what if I gave you a brick?"

The bleacher report has a good write up of both players. Gilbert killed it at the combine. Stock is on the rise. Solidified top 10 status. Dennard reportedly looked stiff in positional drills and did not run the 40 quite as well. Google for more details.

Yeah I was hoping I could get a little analysis from some of the guys here that like to do so such as LJ and Squicken. I saw Gilbert's numbers and that he did well and also saw Dennard's 40 time but still need to look up his other numbers.

Syrinx

Yeah I was hoping I could get a little analysis from some of the guys here that like to do so such as LJ and Squicken. I saw Gilbert's numbers and that he did well and also saw Dennard's 40 time but still need to look up his other numbers.

Apparently watching Dennard in his drills made Deion Sanders go on a rant about how poorly coached college corners are due to the spread offense. He was having trouble getting his hips turned I think it was.

Colasante

Why did the Eagles draft Lane Johnson only to re-sign Peters?

Insurance in case Peters lost a step after his Achilles' tear, Mike Vick was their starting quarterback and was left handed, right tackles are increasingly important, and Chip Kelly needs athletic linemen across his line.

Apparently watching Dennard in his drills made Deion Sanders go on a rant about how poorly coached college corners are due to the spread offense. He was having trouble getting his hips turned I think it was.

Interesting, maybe there's some truth to thinking he'd be forced to hold his man at the next level. Definitely will be interested to see how things develop with him leading to the draft. If we aren't able to get one of the top 3 LTs, CB is where I wanted to look next with our first pick but Gilbert and Dennard are the only worthy candidates.

ESPN did a quick little comparison of Clowney and Dion Jordan's combine numbers:

image.png

Kind of puts into perspective just how freakish Clowney's athleticism is. It also kind of sums up the 2013 draft vs. the 2014 draft.

Gata tried to defend incest yesterday, lets see how he does with this:

A Florida teacher is facing battery charges after allegedly forcing a 10-year old student unclog a urinal with his bare hands.

The Sun Sentinel reports that Jennifer King Forshey, 58, of Hollywood, Florida is accused of ordering the student to remove wet wads of paper towels from a urinal in a boys’ restroom at Broward Community Charter School on Feb. 6.

Greg

One of my friends reads NFL GAF and knows my username. Suffice to say he laughs at me all the time for my posts :(.
I played Alundra over a year ago and loved it, put I don't know how many hours in, and then I quit for some reason.

I loaded it back up the other day and I have no clue what's going on or where I should be headed... made me mad.

MRSA

Banned
Gata talking about inbreeding yet he is the purist of degenerative inbreeding.

Bred to be truly unintelligent, slimy, emaciated, reptilian, and a midget oompa loompa

Tom Penny

Pretty funny that Dominique Easley said he's never watch a whole NFL game and would rather watch cartoons so he can't compare himself to any player.

Dragon

Banned
I played Alundra over a year ago and loved it, put I don't know how many hours in, and then I quit for some reason.

I loaded it back up the other day and I have no clue what's going on or where I should be headed... made me mad.

There's a fortune teller in the town that you can pay a little money and she'll tell you where to go. I'm tempted to get into speed running the game, no one really does and the time (5:30:00) seems do-able.

I have a friend that has an account here but she rarely posts and I doubt she even knows about the community section. (thank god lol)

Yeah he just glances from time to time, he doesn't have an account, really just comes for the GIFs.

What did he think of your posts in the Super Bowl thread? :jnc

I actually sent the post to him looking for some sympathy but I forget what he said.

bionic77

Gata is not as dumb as Hernandez but he is probably as violent.

Hernandez is going to be in jail for the rest of his life for the worst planned execution in recent memory.

While Gata has taken down half of NFL GAF without showing any mercy or compassion and no one has been able to pin it to him (even though we all know he is responsible).

He may not be Einstein in the classroom, but it appears that Gata is pretty talented at taking people out. Luckily he lives in Florida and there is probably a lot of worth for that kind of scum.

rando14

Hernandez is going to be in jail for the rest of his life for the worst planned execution in recent memory.

While Gata has taken down half of NFL GAF without showing any mercy or compassion and no one has been able to pin it to him (even though we all know he is responsible).

He may not be Einstein in the classroom, but it appears that Gata is pretty talented at taking people out. Luckily he lives in Florida and there is probably a lot of worth for that kind of scum.

I think this is the nicest post you've ever made about Gata!! Are you getting soft in your old age, bionic!!

Greg

There's a fortune teller in the town that you can pay a little money and she'll tell you where to go. I'm tempted to get into speed running the game, no one really does and the time (5:30:00) seems do-able.
Damn, 5:30... I think my save file was 15+ hours already, and I was nowhere near done if my inventory is any indication. I think I got a bow not long before I quit initially, but I can't remember now.

I'll have to check that fortune teller and try to get back into it.

He fooled us all into giving him that Jags/pony avatar, he's more clever than we give him credit for.

Vio-Lence

Banned
CBS post-combine Mocks

Rob Rang updated mock
Dane Brugler updated mock

Bitch Kitties:
Rang - 4. Bortles and 26 Su'a-Filo
Brugler - 4. Bridgewater and 26 Mosley

I prefer Brugler's picks for us.

Both mocks have the Bears taking Timmy Jernigan. After the combine I'd prefer either Aaron Donald or Justin Giblert.

Donald looks like a prime Tommie Harris. I still think the Bears win the 2006 Super Bowl if Tommie and Mike Brown play in that game. Defense was so damn good that year before those 2 injuries at the end of the year.

Dragon

Banned
Damn, 5:30... I think my save file was 15+ hours already, and I was nowhere near done if my inventory is any indication. I think I got a bow not long before I quit initially, but I can't remember now.

I'll have to check that fortune teller and try to get back into it.

If you just got the bow you may be going to the lizard dungeon, which is a real pain in the ass. I really enjoy the story of that game, some of the platforming and the puzzles later are a real pain. And yeah my first playthrough took me a while.

Tom Penny

He can't be that good. Your'e still alive and kicking in NFL GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom