• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Well no way he plays for New England
ZAX2hsA.jpg

Furyous

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 47m
RT @ProFootballTalk: TE Colt Lyerla's red flags include belief that the Sandy Hook shootings were a govt conspiracy http://bit.ly/1frzYcT
View summary

WAT

I don't want him on any team I root for. His off the field issues will be a distraction. Teammates and organizations will tire of repeatedly having to answer to his far right political conspiracy theories.

This JF hate is glorious. Jaws came through and dropped a nuke on his draft prospects. He said JF won't last three games. JF reminds me of Romo minus the hard work.

What I dont get is, even if you are dumb enough to think that someone high up in the government sent a guy with an assault in to an elementary school to kill a bunch of 5 year olds for no gain at all, why would you tell that to prospective employers.

What I dont get is, even if you are dumb enough to think that someone high up in the government sent a guy with an assault in to an elementary school to kill a bunch of 5 year olds for no gain at all, why would you tell that to prospective employers.

Because you're 20 years old and have the whole world figured out. Duh.

Tom Penny

Why are people making a big deal out of the NFL potentially banning certain words. Every workplace sets a code of conduct and what's appropriate. You don't like it find a new job. Simple as that. If you can control that stuff in interviews when a mic's in your face then you can do it on the field too.

Dragon

Banned
Why are people making a big deal out of the NFL potentially banning certain words. Every workplace sets a code of conduct and what's appropriate. You don't like it find a new job. Simple as that. If you can control that stuff in interviews when a mic's in your face then you can do it on the field too.

Yeah but it isn't as loaded to call Vince Wilfork a fat African American.

Isnt Pete Carroll a 9/11 conspiracy believer?

Dude those towers would never fall like that. C'mon man! It must be government conspiracy! There's no other explanation.

Because you're 20 years old and have the whole world figured out. Duh.

I interviewed for jobs when I got out of high school. I never thought to bring up any controversial beliefs I might have had and I definitely wouldnt bring up any of this crazy government stuff. I just dont see what he gets out of this, he must know that it is not a widely held belief. GMs are not going to pat him on the back and say "I think that as well, we are totally drafting you now."

Honestly as long as they got Miami a SB I wouldn't' care what they believe in as long as it's nothing illegal like murdering people because they look at you the wrong way...

ShaneB

But but but but, it's Football!!! It's different!

Talon

These groups always seem really hateful to me, not just goofy.
Peyton is super conservative, and he stays quiet in the public eye - especially in regards to his faith.

Philip Rivers is outspoken on his views, and he gets the corresponding blowback.

Peyton smart. Philip dumb.

squicken

There's just so much smoke. 10 more weeks of it. One thing I think is clear is it will be really hard to pass on Clowney. The Texans though I am sure would prefer to trade that pick. But the same reasons they would be nervous about him are the same reasons no one would give up a fortune to draft him

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Wonder why they let him go? Guess Pettine didn't like what he saw.

“We had positive discussion with D’Qwell and his agent over the last several days, and we came to the mutual agreement to go in different directions. D’Qwell is the epitome of class, leadership and professionalism. Every day of his NFL career, D’Qwell has been a solid representative of the Browns and the City of Cleveland, both between the lines on Sundays and off the field in our area community. We want to thank him for his eight years of service and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.”

sounds like money to me.

mr2xxx

Banned

What kind of fucked up job do you have when people are trying to actively hurt you and you can't say something unprofessional? I'm supposed to be civil when someone does a Hines Ward cheapshot on me, someone is guaging out my eyes, grabbing my junk in a pile, some 300lb+ Lineman cut blocking me, etc. etc. etc.

In reality of the issue is that the NFL isn't targeting unsportmanslike speech, it is targeting the n-word. The problem isn't that the league is full of Riley Coopers calling people nigger but players using the term nigga which isn't a negative term. The vast majority of players who us that term are black, which thus rule targets under the guise of unsportsmanlike behavior which is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom