• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

58. Julian Edelman, New England (Age 28)

Finally healthy for full season, Edelman caught 105 passes for 1,056 yards and six TDs, and is one a top punt returners. Best fit: Texans. Can plug right into Bill O’Brien’s offense and work the middle between Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins

thor-loki-oh-yes.gif

rando14

Posted?

The Eagles and wide receiver Riley Cooper are close to agreeing to a new contract, according to an NFL source.

The multi-year deal could be struck and announced in the next few days. Cooper, who was drafted by the Eagles in the fifth round of the 2010 draft, is slated to become a free agent on March 11.

The Eagles are also expected to sign free agent wide receiver Jeremy Maclin to a new deal, most likely a one-year, "show me" contract after he tore his anterior cruciate ligament last July. But talks between the Eagles and Cooper's representatives picked up over the last few days and the 26-year-old receiver will likely be locked up first.

Cooper caught 47 passes for 835 yards and eight touchdowns last season filling in for the injured Maclin. He had great success with Nick Foles throwing to him, catching 39 passes for 742 yards and seven scores in the final 11 games of the season after Michael Vick was replaced.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...-near-a-new-contract.html#IRyJOVMZ9cogqQbm.99

Dragon

Banned
You can't say it is a government conspiracy with any authority, but the more shit that comes out the more it seems like anything is possible now.

The government actually does spy on each of us and every telco and ISP helps them do it. The entire Iraq war was a fairy tale about WMDs. Members of many regulatory agencies are routinely bought and paid for. The NFL did coverup the evidence that the Pats cheated to win 3 fraudulent asterisked soaked SuperBowls. These are things people would have said you were crazy to believe in just 15 years ago and are accepted as fact today.

Other than Tebow and fried chicken I really don't know what to believe in anymore. Of course if I was a public figure I would know better than to voice any crazy theories either. That shit is best left to internet message boards.

Treating you seriously is never recommended but just in case. None of the things you brought up have to do with murdering thousands of innocent people. If I actually believed that shit I'd move to Canada and start a hockey blog.

Wes

venison crêpe
@JasonLaCanfora
Seven teams -1/4 of the NFL -reached out to D'Qwell Jackson following his release by Browns. Deciding which free-agent visits to take first

Tom Penny

You should be happy. Being in the playoffs every year because of a shitty division is Patriot like.

The Pats would be in the playoffs every year if you used their record out of the division. I mean winning over 70% of those 10 games a year and having to play 4 division winners is terrible in the Brady era.

Dragon

Banned
The Pats would be in the playoffs every year if you used their record out of the division. I mean winning over 70% of those 10 games a year and playing 4 division winners is terrible in the Brady era.

Eh if we're talking about individual seasons, they've been 6-4 out of division a couple of times and snuck into the playoffs that way.

Tom Penny

Eh if we're talking about individual seasons, they've been 6-4 out of division a couple of times and snuck into the playoffs that way.

I'll take a 10+ year so sample size showing they win most of their games regardless of who they play thus having a winning record against every single team in the NFL I believe during this era.

bionic77

Treating you seriously is never recommended but just in case. None of the things you brought up have to do with murdering thousands of innocent people. If I actually believed that shit I'd move to Canada and start a hockey blog.
The Iraq war led to the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians and it was based on a fairy tale.

Not that I believe it was a conspiracy I am just saying that with the spread of information we are seeing a lot of shitty things being exposed about everyone, including your sham of a football team.

And how do we know Canada is not as slimy as our government or any of the rest? Those people seem way too nice. They gotta be up to something!

mr2xxx

Banned
Interesting take on D'Qwell's value from PFF.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/25/jvm-cleveland-browns/

2. D’Qwell Jackson, Inside Linebacker

As recently as 2011, Jackson was one of the better inside linebackers in the game. Then he got paid like he was one of the best and his play declined significantly. His Run Stop Percentage of 5.9% in 2013 was fourth worst of the 40 qualifying inside/middle linebackers. In contrast, in 2011 he was making run stops nearly twice as often at 10.2%. Unless something changes it would make sense for the Browns to cut their losses as his cap number exceeds $9.0m in each of the next three seasons.

2013 Cap Hit: $6.4m
2013 Jahnke Value Model: $800k
Value Differential: -$5.6m

The Iraq war led to the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians and it was based on a fairy tale.

Not that I believe it was a conspiracy I am just saying that with the spread of information we are seeing a lot of shitty things being exposed about everyone, including your sham of a football team.

And how do we know Canada is not as slimy as our government or any of the rest? Those people seem way too nice. They gotta be up to something!

SYmcZiV.jpg

Dragon

Banned

No levelheaded person would support the second Iraqi war. It was fucking stupider than drafting Tim Tebow in the first round.

bionic77

No levelheaded person would support the second Iraqi war. It was fucking stupider than drafting Tim Tebow in the first round.
Easy to say that now dude. I felt like the vast majority of America bought it hook, line and sinker.

Saw a lot of people say some vile things leading up to that war. Including here at GAF where most people would have bought anything Bush was selling at the time.

Dix is small, not super big.
Pryor is a gambler.

Good pass rush/front seven covers up deficiencies in secondary.

I'll take better LBs and a late round prospect like Tre Boston.
Eagles are fine at LB but don't have any safeties on the roster. If a safety they like is there at 22 and they pass because he isn't the "BPA" then they are nuts.

bionic77

How did we get from 9/11 to government spying to internet socnopiracuies to i dont even know what where how i am this human being robot
Because we don't have ez here to make bigoted statements about women and black people or Ninja to make awesome 90s references.

Thank Gata for that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Easy to say that now dude. I felt like the vast majority of America bought it hook, line and sinker.

Saw a lot of people say some vile things leading up to that war. Including here at GAF where most people would have bought anything Bush was selling at the time.

Dat 9/11 fever.

I was pro Iraq war at the time. The big problem came when we "won" the war but lost the occupation.

I'm also surprised we didn't take some of our WMDs and scratched out the "USA" part and wrote "Iraq lol" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom