• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
RBH before he burned it off?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775862

The US state of Georgia's supreme court has dismissed an obscenity case against a man who sent a woman an unsolicited photo of his tattooed penis in a text message.

The court ruled unanimously that the 1970 law applied only to "tangible" material sent through the post.

Charles Lee Warren faced up to three years in prison.

Mr Warren was arrested after he texted the photo in October 2012 and the woman went to the police.

According to prosecutors, Mr Warren's penis was tattooed with the phrase, "STRONG E nuf 4 A MAN BUT Made 4 A WOMAN", Reuters reported.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bred pls, I am closer to being king than you are

Even Kave is closer to being king than you.

GV2wN2b.jpg

rando14

Curious to see what the numbers are for Cooper and Maclin. Chip seems quite content with Reid's players running his offense

Sounds like sources are confirming a 4-year deal with Cooper is done.

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN
League source tells me Riley Cooper will sign a 4-year deal tomorrow with Eagles. @Jeff_McLane and PFT reported today that deal was close.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
A couple of Lions articles:

14314693-mmmain.jpg

DETROIT, MI -- It's sad being a Detroit Lions football fan. It's kinda funny being the son of a man with a twisted sense of humor who exploits your Lions misery by erecting an enormous billboard of your grief-stricken face in a major metropolitan area two blocks from your work.

That's what happened to 23-year-old Niko Vlahakis of Northville, courtesy of his 53-year-old father, Steve Vlahakis, also of Northville.

Clearly not a Lions-sponsored advertisement, MLive Detroit tracked down the Steve Vlahakis, who is leasing the billboard from CBS Outdoors.

The father said he and some friends paid to erect the billboard featuring a saddened and befuddled Niko Vlahakis, who is donning a Kevin Jones jersey and knit Lions hat in the front row of Ford Field during the heart-wrenching Monday Night Football loss to the Baltimore Ravens, next to the words, "Go Lions 2014."

Steve Vlahakis neglected to mention this to his son, who works about two blocks away at Quicken Loans as a recruiter for the Dan Gilbert family of companies.

The image was captured by ESPN during its broadcast of the Dec. 16 game, during which Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker,whom Steve Vlahakis was taunting from his first-row vantage point, boomed a 61-yard field goal -- his sixth of the night -- to defeat the flailing Lions 18-16 in the final minute.

"I had a great time until (Matt) Stafford threw an interception in the third," said NikoVlahakis, who attended the game as a last-minute surprise from his father. "Once he threw that interception, I'm just sitting there a sad Lions fan, shaking my head. No words could explain it. You can see it on my face."

After the game, the image became a popular meme -- search for "sad Lions fan" and the image of Niko Vlahakis is surely among the results -- and was shared by Niko Vlahakis, his friends and throughout the Internet.

About six weeks ago, Niko Vlahakis was enjoying a post-work beer with some friends at the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Detroit when he received a call from a friend in Arizona. The friend saw a picture of the billboard in a Twitter message posted by a WXYZ, Channel 7 Action News reporter.

"There's no way there's a billboard of me in Detroit," Niko Vlahakis said he told his friend. He said, 'It's right by Buffalo Wild Wings.'"

After the beer, Niko Vlahakis walked toward his car.

"I turned the corner and there's my face on the billboard," he said, adding his next move was to call his mother.

"I don't know what to tell you but there's a billboard of me in Detroit with a sad face and 'Go Lions,'" he told his mother. Then he spoke to his father.

"I've never heard the guy laugh so had in his life," Niko Vlahakis said. "What billboard," he said and "just starts laughing his ass off."

The billboard is paid for through the end of February. Steve Vlahakis, whose company Seaway Painting contracts with CBS Outdoors, didn't want to publicly reveal what he paid, but says he has no regrets about costly prank; "It came out real good."

I remember that GIF and game very well. Chin up Lions fans. Coach Caldwell and Matthew Stafford are steering this ship. We have a lot to look forward to.

Joique Bell will be back: Detroit Lions plan to tender RB if long-term deal can't be reached

INDIANAPOLIS -- Joique Bell will be in a Detroit Lions uniform next season, with or without a long-term contract.

General manager Martin Mayhew said Detroit plans to tender the 28-year-old tailback, who is a restricted free agent, if a deal cannot be reached.

"He's going to be here," Mayhew said Friday during the the NFL combine in Indianapolis. "We met with his agent a couple of nights ago and had a good discussion. There is a possibility we might work on a long-term deal with him, but either way, he's going to be with us."

Bell, a Benton Harbor native, said he would like to sign a long-term deal to remain with his home-state team. That could cost the club an estimated $3-3.5 million annually for four years.

Detroit is interested, but doesn't plan to let Bell walk even if that kind of deal fails to materialize.

"Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't make sense to do something long term. We will see how the dialogue goes. We just started talking to him. We're not sure where they are numbers-wise and we didn't give him a strong indication, numbers-wise, where we are either."

Bell went undrafted out of Wayne State in 2010 and had a nomadic first two seasons in the league. He settled in with Detroit the past two years, and finally broke out last season alongside Reggie Bush.

He rushed for 650 yards and eight touchdowns, plus caught 53 passes for 547 yards.

Joique Bell is a hell of a running back, and played at Wayne State, born and bred in Detroit. From what I've read in another Lions forum is Joiques' sister is unfortunately very sick, and he will remain a Lion due to that and wanting to remain in his home city. Love to have you back Joique, he's a very solid north-south running back.

Also:

-Contract negotiations with Suh are going smoothly and he will be signed long term most likely after the draft.

-David Akers will not be back as kicker. Bring back Kickalicious!

Sounds like sources are confirming a 4-year deal with Cooper is done.

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN
League source tells me Riley Cooper will sign a 4-year deal tomorrow with Eagles. @Jeff_McLane and PFT reported today that deal was close.

Damn I was really hoping they would upgrade the offense. Oh well guess they will just have to settle for having the 2nd best offense again.

Reports are they are going to re-sign Maclin for 1 year. I just dont see how you can count on him at all, and there biggest problem last year was in the RZ and Maclin doesnt help there at all even if healthy.

Seems stupid. Eagles had the number 2 offense without him, and he's injury prone. Cut bait and draft another guy.

Vesmir

Banned
Hi. Just popping in to say 1. ass > breasts, 2. you shits are insular but at least NFL-GAF won't sabotage their own thread, and 3. Go Hawks.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Joique Bell>>Reggie Bush

Agreed, he is a much more well rounded RB and is a great RB in the open field when he has the ball in an open space. The only thing Bush is better at is he can run routes out of the slot, but even then the number of drops he had last year was troubling.

I still think we'll go with a RB in the 3rd or 4th round as an insurance policy just in case one happens to go down (which is likely). I think we need a speed back who we can use for draws or screen plays. Lots of RBs in this draft to be found in rounds #3-6.

13766796-mmmain.jpg

Bush dropped this one, and another easy screen pass that would've gone for a TD against the Packers at Lambeu Field when we were without Megatron. I still appreciate the fact he came to Detroit to begin with, but he led the Lions in dropped passes IIRC and some of them were just inexcusable. If it continues in 2014 when need to have another option other than Bell. With Joe Lombardi coming from the School of Sean Payton and now as our Offensive Coordinator, I think we'll follow the Saints strategy of having a number of running backs to choose from, especially in speed back form like Darren Sprolles.

i had my boy come up to me at work today and say "hey listen to this". now i know he likes shitty rap/hip hop music so i already knew what it would be. but i listened anyways and it was a song where it just said "my nigga my nigga" over and over and over again. and i said motherfucker what is this garbage. then he went onto tell me that the difference in our musical taste is because he likes music he can dance to and white devils like myself just like depressing progrock music. he may be right but sometimes i hear that type of music and feel like i'm stan in that south park episode where everything literally sounds like shit. sometimes i hear the beats or other stuff in new songs and it sounds like someone is farting through their pants or something

i want to become one of those people that says "i like ALL kinds of music!" and mean it but i can't. i just can't fucking do it!

</livejounal>

i had my boy come up to me at work today and say "hey listen to this". now i know he likes shitty rap/hip hop music so i already knew what it would be. but i listened anyways and it was a song where it just said "my nigga my nigga" over and over and over again. and i said motherfucker what is this garbage. then he went onto tell me that the difference in our musical taste is because he likes music he can dance to and white devils like myself just like depressing progrock music. he may be right but sometimes i hear that type of music and feel like i'm stan in that south park episode where everything literally sounds like shit. sometimes i hear the beats or other stuff in new songs and it sounds like someone is farting through their pants or something

i want to become one of those people that says "i like ALL kinds of music!" and mean it but i can't. i just can't fucking do it!

</livejounal>

Thats a good ass song tho

Dragon

Banned

</livejounal>

Yo the new St. Vincent is pretty tight dawg.

bionic77

</livejounal>
Not everyone has good taste.

I feel bad that you can't appreciate a true classic like Warren Gs Regulate. You probably don't even like Prince.

MechDX

Not everyone has good taste.

I feel bad that you can't appreciate a true classic like Warren Gs Regulate. You probably don't even like Prince.

Regulate was awesome! I used to have a best of Hip Hop from the 90's CD that some fucker stol with that song on it. Was probably Gata

</livejounal>

v3tAT.gif

(Although according to GAF, this is racist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom