• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right thread for this but

Steve Smith caught off guard by team's non-commitment

Call me biased, but I have a VERY hard time seeing him ever playing in a different jersey. I don't think he has that much left in the tank, but teams still have to respect him when they see him lined up on the other side. If they actually had another receiver ready to take his spot already on the roster, it would be different. But right now we have Ginn, Lafell, and Hixon all free agents, and no one else ready to step up.

I think with Gross retiring yesterday( well today), they almost have to go tackle with 28th pick, OT is that dire a spot (even though there's a significant drop between the elite guys at that position and the next group and all of those elite guys will be gone by the time the Panthers pick). There still should be some decent receivers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds though.

Looking at FA, everyone is clamoring for Nicks to take the hometown discount and play for the Panthers. I don't like that at all. To me, if a guy can't get up for a contract year when bread's on the line, that raises serious red flags. Add that to the injuries that past few years and that becomes a very risky play to me. Some might argue that all he needs is a change of scenery to turn it back around, but thats iffy to me.

Dragon

Banned
Do I need to start posting pics of cheerleaders again to bring harmony to this place?!

No need.

208343-0-600.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions list of players interviewed so far:

Odell Beckham, WR, LSU (COM)
Russell Bodine, OL, North Carolina (COM)
Terrence Brooks, DB, Florida State (COM)
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, DB, Alabama (COM)
Aaron Colvin, DB, Oklahoma (SR)
Mike Davis, WR, Texas (SR)
Ahmad Dixon, DB, Baylor (COM)
Aaron Donald, DL, Pittsburgh (COM)
Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (COM)
Cody Hoffman%, WR, BYU (COM) (SR)
Gabe Ikard, OL, Oklahoma (COM)
Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley State (COM)
Marqise Lee, WR, USC (COM)
Kareem Martin, DL, North Carolina (COM)
Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (COM)
Keith McGill%, WR, Utah (COM) (SR)
Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (COM)
Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame (COM)
Calvin Pryor, DB, Louisville (COM)
Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado (COM)
Weston Richburg%, OL, Colorado State (COM) (SR)
Marcus Roberson, DB, Florida (COM)
Bradley Roby, DB, Ohio State (COM)
Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State (COM)
Bryan Stork, OL, Florida State (COM)
Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (COM)

The list grew since I was at work earlier today and I was going to post. Earlier around 11 PST the list only had WRs and DBs and no LBs or OL and we had about interviewed about 12 players or so. Also I did not see Ha Ha Clinton Dix on the list. What a name. Maybe he falls to us in the second round?

Surprised we haven't interviewed Justin Gilbert yet. I think there is no doubt we go WR or DB at #10, but there is no doubt in my mind we go with a WR in either round 1 or round 2. I think if Mike Evans is there at #10 you have to take him and I'd be pretty pissed if we take a DB over Mike Evans.

As for rounds 3-6 I think we'll look for depth at RB, LB and OL.

Although only the Ravens and Chargers have interviewed more players. Martin Mayhew and our management team has been doing a great job of drafting and scouting players IMO.

bionic77

Tell me mr. brains why would I want them banned?
It's hard for me to guess what stupid people think. Just like its hard for you to imagine how anyone with a 5th grade education and up thinks.

Dat 9/11 fever.

I was pro Iraq war at the time. The big problem came when we "won" the war but lost the occupation.

I'm also surprised we didn't take some of our WMDs and scratched out the "USA" part and wrote "Iraq lol" instead.
I always wondered about that too.

Also that was a war we could never win. If we were not the dominant power earth the rest of the world would have sanctioned us and Bush would be in jail.

bionic77

She's pretty good looking but bionic is right, not "Hollywood" hot.

That chick is theoretically obtainable.

That commercial is obnoxiously catchy.
She looks like one of my file clerks who get paid $10/hour to make copies and scan shit.

Those chicks are all incredibly thirsty for a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom