• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I've ever been mad at Amazon. I preordered this back in October of last year for $100. The preorders didn't stay around long at all because they are only making 18,000 CE's. Anyway, the thing finally comes in yesterday and the box is beat to hell with dents and marks all over the package. It's already selling for $180-$200 on eBay and Amazon but now I'm pretty much screwed because mine is damaged, and I never really intended to buy it for any reason other than having it as a collector's item.

Talking to customer service now, let's see what they can do for me...

Dragon

Banned
Psh, real olds still use icq.

I'm pretty sure you can still message ICQ users through AIM.

Uh-oh

This is the first time I've ever been mad at Amazon. I preordered this back in October of last year for $100. The preorders didn't stay around long at all because they are only making 18,000 CE's. Anyway, the thing finally comes in yesterday and the box is beat to hell with dents and marks all over the package. It's already selling for $180-$200 on eBay and Amazon but now I'm pretty much screwed because mine is damaged, and I never really intended to buy it for any reason other than having it as a collector's item.

Hopefully they give you some credit or something. They're usually pretty good about that stuff with me.

gutshot

Eagles have resigned Jason Kelce and Riley Cooper to 7 and 5-year contracts, respectively.

Not surprised at all about Kelce, he's the perfect center for Chip's offense. Kinda surprised about Cooper.

N6gcAcP.gif

Greg and Furturevoid

:jnc

Riley Cooper got his deal. 5 years, 25 million. The Eagles also extended Kelce.. 6 years, 37.5 million.

Eagles have resigned Jason Kelce and Riley Cooper to 7 and 5-year contracts, respectively.

Not surprised at all about Kelce, he's the perfect center for Chip's offense. Kinda surprised about Cooper.

Where are you seeing 7 years for Kelce?

@caplannfl: The #Eagles and C Jason Kelce agreed on a 6-yr, 37.5 M extension with $13 M guaranteed, per sources.

m.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

gutshot

Where are you seeing 7 years for Kelce?

@caplannfl: The #Eagles and C Jason Kelce agreed on a 6-yr, 37.5 M extension with $13 M guaranteed, per sources.

m.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

The Eagles are calling it a 7-year deal, but in practice it is a 6-year extension. Bottom line is, he's signed through 2020.

The Eagles are calling it a 7-year deal, but in practice it is a 6-year extension. Bottom line is, he's signed through 2020.

Oh I see. Need to see the breakdown for Cooper but it definitely seems like an over payment.

Rotoworld says this about the Cooper deal:

The last year of the deal is voidable and we'll have to wait on the exact contract details to be sure, but it looks like the Eagles have overpaid. Given Cooper's ugly racial slur from last summer, it's unlikely he would have been welcomed into any other locker room as a free agent. Furthermore, he lacks an ability to separate consistently despite the eye-opening 47/835/8 contract-year breakout. Still, the 6'3/222 Cooper is a reasonable complement to diminutive DeSean Jackson because he brings red-zone chops and a willingness to go over the middle. If fellow free agent Jeremy Maclin is re-signed by the Eagles as expected, Cooper will enter 2014 as a No. 3 wideout.

I totally agree with them about him not being able to get open and being a #3 at best. I really hope this doesnt stop the Eagles from trying to get a real WR in the draft/FA.

bionic77

What did Sanjuro get banned for?

Gata is truly the Hernandez of this forum.

Doesn't even give a fuck about Pats fans. That's some cold blooded shit...

gutshot

I totally agree with them about him not being able to get open and being a #3 at best. I really hope this doesnt stop the Eagles from trying to get a real WR in the draft/FA.

Assuming they re-sign Maclin as well, I don't think they will make a big free agency acquisition for a WR. I do think they will look to draft one though, as their current WR corp is getting older.

Florio saying Watt will hold out. Doesn't seem like a JJ move. florio trolling as usual

It is the final year of his contract and he is only getting $1.9m. If he doesnt get a new deal there is a 100% chance he holds out. That is the safest bet of any going into the upcoming season.

The Kelce deal is interesting in that it will have ramifications for free agency. Alex Mack isn't taking a dime less than what Kelce just got if the Browns do plan to keep him.

rando14

Oh yeah I forgot to pick up my copy yesterday, sheeeeeeit

I heard they're selling Symphonia by itself on PSN for $19.99, maybe ill just get that because I'm not really interested in the sequel

Oh yeah I forgot to pick up my copy yesterday, sheeeeeeit

I heard they're selling Symphonia by itself on PSN for $19.99, maybe ill just get that because I'm not really interested in the sequel
Just to follow-up, Amazon gave me $25 back. Pretty lame considering how much the CE is worth but they refused to take that into consideration. Oh well, that's probably the last time I buy a CE from them.

Talon

Florio saying Watt will hold out. Doesn't seem like a JJ move. florio trolling as usual
Roddy's not the type of guy to hold out either, but he did for a few days because it was time to get paid.

Although in Watt's situation, he has 0 leverage there considering his contract.

Monroe isn't going anywhere. Albert will be looked at by us and the Phins but I don't see us forking up the dough he's going to want. I wouldn't be surprised if the Phins sign Albert and that will hopefully allow Lewan to fall to us because I don't think there are three other teams drafting before us that will likely go LT at the top of my head.

Monroe isn't going anywhere. Albert will be looked at by us and the Phins but I don't see us forking up the dough he's going to want. I wouldn't be surprised if the Phins sign Albert and that will hopefully allow Lewan to fall to us because I don't think there are three other teams drafting before us that will likely go LT at the top of my head.

We better not go for Albert, I'd rather take my chances in the draft

Wrayfield

I never liked Namco stuff until I played this one on the Cube. Might get it just to revisit the good old days.

Draxal

Oh Damn, I wonder how much the collected edition versions of Xillia are going for as I got that shit signed by Baba. Oh wait, it didn't go up at all, damn.

We better not go for Albert, I'd rather take my chances in the draft

Same here but I'm used to seeing Phin GAF complain about FO decisions so I'm assuming you'll pay him anything jnc

Yeah seems like the expanded playoffs will happen...UGH. Greedy fucks. Is it that difficult to find ways to further monetary gain without negatively impacting the entertainment value?

MRSA

Banned
Just to follow-up, Amazon gave me $25 back. Pretty lame considering how much the CE is worth but they refused to take that into consideration. Oh well, that's probably the last time I buy a CE from them.

Talk to another rep. I've heard of people getting complete refunds for damaged goods while being able to keep whatever it is.

Shit Amazon gave me credit to buy a new DS4 and told me to send my current one to Sony.

Same here but I'm used to seeing Phin GAF complain about FO decisions so I'm assuming you'll pay him anything jnc

Yeah seems like the expanded playoffs will happen...UGH. Greedy fucks. Is it that difficult to find ways to further monetary gain without negatively impacting the entertainment value?

Good point..I hope Hickey can break that tradition :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom