• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey now that is not nice of you to slander my character like that. I sensed real pain in your posts, just like squicken did, and I was trying to console you like any friend would. No need to lash out at me just because you are feeling sensitive today.
Bionic is just going through manopause. Nothing he says hurts me.

bionic77

Link or it didn't happen
Look at past posts. I am on the phone outside a Panera.

Changing gears. Did you guys read the thread on the dude who shares a room with his sister? That was classic. As weird as he is is it just me or isn't it weird to share a room with your sister at that age? Or maybe I just grew up with privileged kids. I thought that was weird.

MRSA

Banned
spicyhawaiianpizza-09.jpg

I feel like we're veering on the edge of complete calamity.

Somebody find a gif of Mr. Burns' diseases being in perfect balance. That's what NFL Gaf is like.

Look at past posts. I am on the phone outside a Panera.

Changing gears. Did you guys read the thread on the dude who shares a room with his sister? That was classic. As weird as he is is it just me or isn't it weird to share a room with your sister at that age? Or maybe I just grew up with privileged kids. I thought that was weird.

I read through that this morning lol it was hilarious how he kept making it worse. And yeah it is weird although I suspect gata might disagree....

Gata is a good dude. He's one of the truest fans on here. I respect that about him.

I give him huge credit for sticking with his Jags through thick and thin.

Yankee is in an Xbox thread and Bionic is in a Jordan thread. RIP

LOL, it is worrying going into a thread like that and trying to be reasonable, luckily there are other sane people in that thread saying the same things so I should be okay.

ShaneB

Oh god, lately ATL podcast is hilarious with the back and forth talk about Free Agent rankings. lol Now that the Combine is over, the Free Agent talk is stuff I love to dig into.

I can't find their own individual rankings, but this was the list posted on the site. edit: Wow, I am late with posting this apparently as it's dated the 23rd. Silly me. But the Podcast talk prompted me to find these lists.

Here's the Around The League crew's first glance at the 2014 NFL free-agent market.

It's early in the offseason process. Franchise tags have yet to be discussed. There's still time for clubs to lock up young stars to long-term contracts. Many of these names will be removed from consideration by the time we compile our more extensive previews regarding upcoming NFL free agents in early March.

Our list places the highest value on ascendant players with little or no reason to expect a dropoff in production over the next few years.

To view the upcoming free agents by team, position and restricted free agents, click the tabs above.

Without further ado, here are Around The League's top 25 NFL free agents for 2014:

1. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints tight end
2. Greg Hardy, Carolina Panthers defensive end
3. Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins linebacker
4. Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills safety
5. T.J. Ward, Cleveland Browns safety
6. Alterraun Verner, Tennessee Titans cornerback
7. Branden Albert, Kansas City Chiefs left tackle
8. Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals defensive end
9. Lamarr Houston, Oakland Raiders defensive end
10. Brent Grimes, Miami Dolphins cornerback
11. Eugene Monroe, Baltimore Ravens left tackle
12. Vontae Davis, Indianapolis Colts cornerback
13. Linval Joseph, New York Giants defensive tackle
14. Jason Hatcher, Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle
15. Jared Veldheer, Oakland Raiders left tackle
16. Aqib Talib, New England Patriots cornerback
17. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Denver Broncos cornerback
18. Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns center
19. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos wide receiver
20. Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks defensive end
21. B.J. Raji, Green Bay Packers defensive tackle
22. Sam Shields, Green Bay Packers cornerback
23. Walter Thurmond, Seattle Seahawks cornerback
24. Donald Butler, San Diego Chargers linebacker
25. Randy Starks, Miami Dolphins defensive tackle

Bread

Banned
Orakpo would be an awesome Patriot

they should get him, Graham, Verner, and Byrd. Then trade Brady for Watt and the first pick. Hire me Bill.

Giants have approached both Baas and Snee to take pay cuts:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/27/giants-approach-snee-baas-about-taking-pay-cuts/

Per a league source, the Giants have approached both players about taking less money. Snee, who already has said publicly that he’d take less to stay, has expressed a willingness to do it. Baas, we’re told, has not yet said yes.

Snee, a second-round pick in 2004 and the son-in-law of coach Tom Coughlin, is due to earn a base salary of $6.75 million in 2014, the final year of his contract. The four-time Pro Bowler’s cap number is $11.3 million.

Baas, a second-rounder in 2005, is signed through 2015. He’s due to make a base salary of $4.75 million, and he has a cap number of $8.225 million.

Both men played in only three games last year due to injury. While the Giants didn’t exactly thrive without them, they’ve got too many other needs to address with their available cap space.

Snee accounts for over 11 million against the cap in 2014. That will need to be substantially cut down.

Baas is at over 8 million. He hasn't been healthy for two seasons now and never livede up to the contract he was given. If he isn't willing to take a pay cut, then get rid of him and deal with the Center position in the draft/FA or keep Boothe on to man the position until someone else is brought in.

Daniel Jeremiah's new mock draft is out: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/190602 First quarterback off the board at 5, Manziel to the Raiders, then Bortles to Bucs and Bridgewater to Vikings. If those QB-needy teams let Bridgewater pass them by, they're going to regret it, but that seems to be the way the winds are blowing.

I just cant see the Jags passing on a QB. I do like JFF over Teddy though.

Edit: Wow I hate this mork. Both safeties go and then Eagles waste a pick on Dennard. Ugh.

Daniel Jeremiah's new mock draft is out: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/190602 First quarterback off the board at 5, Manziel to the Raiders, then Bortles to Bucs and Bridgewater to Vikings. If those QB-needy teams let Bridgewater pass them by, they're going to regret it, but that seems to be the way the winds are blowing.

I don't know accurate it is, but Vic Tafur said the Raiders brass think the only QB worth taking in the 1st round would be Teddy. That was about a month ago tho, so not sure if their opinion has changed. Still don't see us taking JFF under any circumstances at no.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom