• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konka

Banned
Why does prison BG like pain so much :/

tumblr_n1mji79u2k1qf1116o1_400.gif

Round 1

Houston - Blake Bortles
St. Louis (Traded from WAS) - Greg Robinson
Jacksonville - Teddy Bridgewater
Cleveland -
Oakland
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Minnesota
Buffalo
Detroit
Tennessee
New York Giants
St. Louis
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Dallas
New York Jets
Miami
Arizona
Green Bay
Philadelphia
Kansas City
Cincinnati
San Diego
Cleveland (Traded from IND)
New Orleans
Carolina
New England
San Francisco
Denver
Seattle

Once again, those participating with your own mocks, if you haven't already done so start filling them out. After we complete this one we'll post our individual results.

I think this one's a no brainer. Manziel. You know he's not getting past Cleveland.

squicken

About as expected

My running mock:

1. Texans-Clowney
2. Rams-Robinson
3. Browns (via Jags)-Manziel
4. Jags (via Browns)-Mack
5. Raiders-Watkins

e: Mack is the Leo pass rusher Bradley wants for his system. He takes the elite pass rusher over Teddy and they ride Henne for another year. Raiders take Watkins as BPA and a WR they desperately need

Syrinx

My top five:

1. Texans-Teddy Bridgewater
2. Falcons-Jadeveon Clowney (changed from earlier)
3. Jaguars-Blake Bortles
4. Browns-Johnny Manziel
5. Raiders-Sammy Watkins

squicken

Why would the Browns trade up a spot squicken? It looked stupid in 2012 and it looks stupid in 2014.

Everyone knew MIN wanted Kalil, so it wasn't like they were going to trade down very far. CLE's mistake wasn't moving up one spot, it was not realizing that MIN was never going to trade that pick to anyone but them. Any smoke MIN tried to create was an obvious bluff, and the Browns folded for no reason

JAX on the other hand could trade that pick to Oakland, MIN or TB. JAX has a long way to go with roster construction and would love a lot of picks in a deep draft. JFF is CLE's man and they make sure they get him. They trade up b/c JAX will legitimately entertain offers for that pick. They wouldn't be bluffing

Tom Penny

Meanwhile MechDX. heading to the workshop for his shift, is still pissed off at having been attacked with a power drill while unconscious.

Y'all some shady fucks. Blackghost just catching beatings left and right in the joint.

Everyone knew MIN wanted Kalil, so it wasn't like they were going to trade down very far. CLE's mistake wasn't moving up one spot, it was not realizing that MIN was never going to trade that pick to anyone but them. Any smoke MIN tried to create was an obvious bluff, and the Browns folded for no reason

JAX on the other hand could trade that pick to Oakland, MIN or TB. JAX has a long way to go with roster construction and would love a lot of picks in a deep draft. JFF is CLE's man and they make sure they get him. They trade up b/c JAX will legitimately entertain offers for that pick. They wouldn't be bluffing

Wasn't there rumors they like Carr? I just don't feel confident in any of the QBs. I'd go Sammy Watkins. The Browns can see how the draft falls, and maybe move up from their other first to get whatever one of the 3 top QBs are left.

squicken

Wasn't there rumors they like Carr? I just don't feel confident in any of the QBs. I'd go Sammy Watkins. The Browns can see how the draft falls, and maybe move up from their other first to get whatever one of the 3 top QBs are left.

I think if you like a QB, you go and get them. Obviously there is some strategy involved in playing the board, but if CLE, OAK or JAX fall in love with a specific QB, they should move up and make sure they get him

I think Carr is going to be a giant bust. He has Gabbert fear. He gets scared to hold the ball and his entire game breaks down. Same with Jimmy G to a lesser extent

Round 1

Houston - Clowney (Bortles isn't even close to being NFL ready.)
St. Louis - (Traded from WAS) - Greg Robinson (Assuming they can't trade down, which I don't think they will be able to)
Jacksonville - Teddy Bridgewater (Desperate need for QB and Teddy will start day one for them. Won't take a chance on JFF, imo.)
Cleveland - Watkins (Can't see them passing on him if he's there)
Minnesota (Via Oak) - Johnny Fuckin Football. (Rick Speilman pulls the trigger on the trade to get his QB who matches up well against the lack of defenses in the NFC North)

squicken

Round 1

Houston - Clowney (Bortles isn't even close to being NFL ready.)
St. Louis - (Traded from WAS) - Greg Robinson (Assuming they can't trade down, which I don't think they will be able to)
Jacksonville - Teddy Bridgewater (Desperate need for QB and Teddy will start day one for them. Won't take a chance on JFF, imo.)
Cleveland - Watkins (Can't see them passing on him if he's there)
Minnesota (Via Oak) - Johnny Fuckin Football. (Rick Speilman pulls the trigger on the trade to get his QB who matches up well against the lack of defenses in the NFC North)

I kind of feel the need to adjust the Texans' pick. John McClain, the beat writer, is convinced they will draft a QB. I may need to apply my own philosophy and assume that QB needy teams will draft one

All the QB hype has really fallen off a cliff, hasn't it? Seems within a month we've gone from Texans/Jags/Browns all taking a QB 100% to now where nobody is really sure. There isn't even any excitement about the guys that aren't Bortles/JFF/Bridgewater.

cdyhybrid

Houston won't start their QB anyway, unless he clearly beats Schoob in camp. They're going to sit him for a season (or until Schoob melts down again).

bionic77

Kave, it's one thing to not shower for two weeks. It's another altogether to attack the shower heads.

Get a grip, man!
I wouldn't shower with those animals either.

That's pretty much just asking to get raped or stabbed with a fork.

I don't know why he attacked the shower though.

squicken

Drafting Bortles high is a mistake. He needs to train under a veteran for a year or so.

Palmer sat a year I think. It would take the right team, but I think he might get time. Problem is a team goes on a losing streak and the fans start chanting for the rookie

e:

Adjusting my mock to adjust QB run

My running mock:

1. Texans-Bortles -> BoB needs a QB and will let him learn
2. Rams-Robinson -> Fisher finally realizes offense matters
3. Jags-Clowney -> Org gun shy from Gabbert, go BPA
4. Browns-JFF -> give in to peer pressure, cancel trade
5. Raiders-Mack -> Davis talking defense, gets pass rusher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom