• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Houston - Clowney (Bortles isn't even close to being NFL ready.)
St. Louis - (Traded from WAS) - Greg Robinson (Assuming they can't trade down, which I don't think they will be able to)
Jacksonville - Teddy Bridgewater (Desperate need for QB and Teddy will start day one for them. Won't take a chance on JFF, imo.)
Cleveland - Watkins (Can't see them passing on him if he's there)
Minnesota (Via Oak) - Johnny Fuckin Football. (Rick Speilman pulls the trigger on the trade to get his QB who matches up well against the lack of defenses in the NFC North)
Atlanta - Khalil Mack (Dmitroff has more of an ability to address the oline than the pass rush via free agency)

Fox318

Houston - Clowney (Bortles isn't even close to being NFL ready.)
St. Louis - (Traded from WAS) - Greg Robinson (Assuming they can't trade down, which I don't think they will be able to)
Jacksonville - Teddy Bridgewater (Desperate need for QB and Teddy will start day one for them. Won't take a chance on JFF, imo.)
Cleveland - Watkins (Can't see them passing on him if he's there)
Minnesota (Via Oak) - Johnny Fuckin Football. (Rick Speilman pulls the trigger on the trade to get his QB who matches up well against the lack of defenses in the NFC North)
Atlanta - Khalil Mack (Dmitroff has more of an ability to address the oline than the pass rush via free agency)

Again the only thing NFL GM's look at in QBs is height. Look for Bortles to be the first QB off of the board for that reason alone while JFF goes to the HOF.

Good Morning Gents, I assume you have your mocks updated, let's continue with the consensus board.

Round 1

Houston - Blake Bortles
St. Louis (Traded from WAS) - Greg Robinson
Jacksonville - Teddy Bridgewater
Cleveland -
Oakland
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Minnesota
Buffalo
Detroit
Tennessee
New York Giants
St. Louis
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Baltimore
New York Jets
Miami
Arizona
Green Bay
Philadelphia
Kansas City
Cincinnati
San Diego
Cleveland (Traded from IND)
New Orleans
Carolina
New England
San Francisco
Denver
Seattle

I voted Manziel. Who does Believeland take? Do they trade?

Wes

venison crêpe
Good Morning Gents, I assume you have your mocks updated, let's continue with the consensus board.

I voted Manziel. Who does Believeland take? Do they trade?

In my opinion we now have a huge need at ILB. We need two of them in fact. There is only one consensus first round guy who plays that role, CJ Mosley from Alabama.
Taking Mosley at #4 is way too high, but anything from 10 onwards would be very agreeable. Anyone around that mark would likely have to give up their second round pick to make that kind of jump and I'm not sure the likes of the Lions/Titans/Giants would do that, especially in a deep draft like this. Maybe someone jumps up for Clowney outside of the Falcons but that's really hard to project.

So now we're in a position where we're unlikely to be able to trade down and we're left looking at Manziel, Clowney and Watkins.
If you go BPA you take Clowney but OLB is our deepest position right now. The character and work ethic concerns don't match up with everything Farmer and Pettine have said are their core values they want the Browns to have.
So with Jadeveon out of the picture I think the next BPA is Watkins. Gordon and Watkins would be a brilliant tandem in the league but this is the deepest WR class in years. We could find a quality starter to go alongside Gordon in the second or even the third round (where we have 2 picks).
Now you're left with the debate. Do you take Manziel? Personally, I just don't know what I'd do. I think the only QB Farmer wants at #4 is Bridgewater. With him gone in this mock I'd rather pick up Garrapolo or Mettenberger in the second round. There'll be less pressure on them to start straight away when they're not ready (which would be the case with Bortles and Manziel) and can learn behind Hoyer (and Grossman if rumours are to be believed). I can't see Jimmy demanding his new GM take Manziel for monetary reasons but stranger things have happened.

Overall I think the Browns are in an awkward situation. They would like to trade down to target Mosley and get an extra pick to package together and move up with later.

Unless we're projecting trades, my vote would be for Watkins.

If the draft goes that way I say JFF to the Browns. I know he is small and there are concerns about his character but he would definitely bring excitement to the Browns and he has a huge upside.

squicken

I
Unless we're projecting trades, my vote would be for Watkins.

We each do our own mock. If you think a trade will happen, then just note it in your mock draft. I agree with you that it seems so hard for teams to draft a great player at a position they don't have a need at. That's why I think everyone would like to trade down to where value and need intersect. I think the Browns have to take a QB. This Hoyer silliness I read from Browns fans on Twitter is crazy talk

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I wouldn't shower with those animals either.

That's pretty much just asking to get raped or stabbed with a fork.

kuHbec8.png

Chris Snee on staying with the Giants and taking a pay cut:

"I'm easy. I've never complained, even when I was a younger guy on my rookie deal, I never complained about wanting to make more money," Snee said this morning on @SiriusXMNFL's Opening Drive. "I’ve always restructured. Now comes a time where I know my (salary cap) number is high. The most important thing is to be a part of a winning team. My role is to take a pay cut and to bring in guys who can help the team."

And on whether the cut has happened yet, Snee said "They’re still working throught it. I’ve always kind of stayed out of the business part of it. There’s too many numbers. I’m kind of confused by the whole process, to be honest with you."

If he's healthy and can contribute at a significantly reduced price tag, I'm fine with it but it has to be in a limited capacity. We can't trot him out as the starter, IMO.

bionic77

Because everyone has a 2D avatar that prison game seems a lot better than real prison in spite of all the violence and horrific things that have already happened.

Open showers are the worst though. That and shitting in front of other people must be one of the worst parts of being in prison.

I'll be down for the main mock but it's pointless to me to do one before FA as that will change everything. I'll still enjoy seeing what you guys pick. The interesting factor for the beginning of the draft is if the Browns love Manziel because they would probably feel pressured to jump in front of the Jags if they do. That's probably STL's only single chance of trading back from 2. At this point I'd have Houston pegged for Teddy.

Furyous

If Teddy isn't there at 4, I hope the Browns don't reach for "prototypical size". I'd much rather take Watkins. Savage, Jimmy from Eastern Illinois, Zach from LSU, and Aaron Murray will be available in later rounds. At that point, we can pick two QBs and develop the better one. Either we wind up like Washington or Carolina pre Superman. Tony Pike had a strong rookie minicamp. Keep Derek Carr off the team.

Oh, I'm confused, I thought we were doing the same thing as last year where we continued draft picks person-by-person.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102558650&postcount=14630

Okay. I edited my original post.

The idea is that we debate and try to accurately pick what will happen in the first round of this year's draft. We'll go 5 picks at a time to make it easier. We will also put together our own individual 32 man mocks and post them. Closest to what actually happens at the draft wins. Because the selections are not reliant on what other teams pick, trades will be possible.

THIS IS NOT THE REGULAR MOCK DRAFT. We'll still be doing that closer to the actual draft in May. That draft will be what we want instead of what we think will happen.

Tom Penny

love the Patriots organization,” McCarron said. “If I had the chance to go there and sit behind Brady for however long and learn from one of the best to ever play the game, that would be an awesome experience.”

Since Mallet is going to Houston for their 2nd round pick they can draft McCarron in the 3rd...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Woo, new Prison Architect alpha just came out!

Reform and Training Programs
  • You can now run daily programs to train, educate and reform your prisoners.
  • These are administered from the new "Programs" tab in the reports interface.
  • Each program runs during a scheduled time during the day, and costs money per session.
  • Different programs provide different benefits to you and the prisoner.
  • Prisoners may only take part in one program at a time, and may only attend one session in that program per day.
  • Most programs are voluntary. Prisoners will be less likely to volunteer for programs if they are badly treated.
Available reform programs:
  • Foundation education program
  • General Education qualification
  • Workshop Safety Induction (required to work in the Workshop)
  • Carpentry Apprenticeship
  • Kitchen Safety and Hygiene (required to work in the Kitchen)
  • Behavioral Therapy
Prisoners must now complete the workshop safety / kitchen safety courses before they can work in those rooms.

Classroom / School Desk / Teacher
  • You require a functioning classroom before you can begin educating your prisoners.
  • The teacher is an external freelancer who will enter your jail to teach his class, then will leave when done.
  • Some prisoners have more affinity for academic topics than others.
  • In addition, the level of concentration of your prisoners is a major factor on their chances of success.
(Prisoners concentrate best when all of their needs have been taken care of)

Carpenters Table
  • Prisoners who have a natural affinity for practical work can attempt the Carpentry Apprenticeship.
  • If successful they will be able to use the new carpenters table in the workshop.
  • They will use stacks of Wood to produce high quality furniture. (currently a high quality wooden bed)
  • Full production chain: [Gardener] -> Tree -> [Cutdown] -> Logs -> [Saw] -> Wood -> [Carpenters table] -> Furniture
  • Behavioral Therapy is run by the prison psychologist.
  • Prisoners are automatically referred to this program if they behave violently within your jail.
  • Prisoners who successfully complete the Behavioral Therapy program are less likely to cause trouble in future.
Prisoner Experience

• Experience is now being recorded for all prisoners during their stay in your prison.
  • You can view this data by clicking on them to bring up their rap sheet, then click the new "Experience" tab.
  • Activity: Shows the breakdown of their time within your prison, and what they were doing during that time.
  • Mood: Shows the amount of time spent in a good / bad / neutral mood. This is a simplification but a useful one.
  • Condition: Shows how long the prisoner has been suppressed, injured etc.
  • You can also see the progress of their current reform program - their attendance and chance of "passing" the program.
  • All programs completed are listed at the bottom of this page, showing if they passed of failed the program.
Armoury upgrades

• You can now purchase additional weapons and equipment once you have an Armoury on site.
  • Your guards must return to the armoury to pick up their new equipment as you unlock it, and there is a cost to pay per item equipped.

Body Armour: Available to all guards, armed guards and dog handlers.

Absorbs 50% of all damage taken, but slows down your guards by 30%.
You must pay an additional $100 per guard for body armour.

Tazers: Available for all Armed Guards.

This is a non lethal weapon which instantly incapacitates the target, without causing any damage.
Can only be fired once, then the battery must recharge before it can be used again. (1 hour recharge time)
There is a cost of $400 per tazer to be paid as the armed guards collect their new equipment.

Note: Armed guards will use their shotguns instead as soon as you give the "weapons free" order.

Tazer Roll-out: Equips all guards and dog handlers with Tazers as well as your armed guards.

There is a cost of $400 per tazer to be paid as the guards collect their new equipment.

User Interface Scaling
  • Work continues to make the game scale correctly to any resolution and any size of display.
  • The is now a 'UI Scale' override setting to adjust the size of all on-screen elements to your taste.
  • Use the PLUS and MINUS keys to adjust this value in game, or edit it directly in preferences.txt.
  • The rooms tool-bar now shows the number of each room type that already exist.

Miscellaneous Changes
  • The fog of war effect is no longer rendered into timelapse videos
  • Status effects like Suppression no longer cause such massive drops in walking speed
  • Visitation will now come to an end immediately during a riot or a bangup
  • You can now build utilities under the road : Electrical cable, Small pipes, Large pipes
  • Tweaked the routing system - entities should get stuck on walls much less frequently
  • Fixed: Sometimes very small Laundries / Cleaning Cupboards would not show up in the Deployment/Jobs screen, meaning you could not assign prisoners to them even though they were perfectly valid rooms.
  • Fixed: Armed guards now (sometimes) shout warnings at inmates before firing, unless those inmates are attacking staff or about to escape.
  • Fixed: Face-in-the-game entries are now sorted to the top of the community biographies list.
  • Fixed: Sun shadows on trees were sometimes rendered much too large.
  • Fixed: Dogs were unwilling/unable to enter staff only zones.
  • Fixed: You can no longer build road gates over lakes, or at the edge of the map.
  • Fixed: Actors no longer get tired. (Eg edward, his guards etc)

Ya'll are going back to the classroom!

lol

9oLyWjQ.jpg

Also, tazers! If we ever get an armory built.

mJRo8hC.jpg

Patricia Trainaþ@Patricia_Traina·50 secs
Snee said he's now focusing on his rehabbing his elbow. he also said there was a "potential" he might need a hip replacement in the future

Oof.
My guess is that he takes a substantial pay cut. A little above vet minimum with incentives built in but he doesn't make it out of camp. They'll give him a shot. He's earned as much.

I'm also guessing that Baas is a post June 1st cut. We stand to gain 5 million in cap space with that move. Depending on what happens with Tuck, Kiwi could also be a cap casualty. A post June 1st designation for him would add an additional 4.5 million in cap space. If Tuck goes, Kiwi has a better chance of staying.

Either way, the Giants could be looking at nearly 30 million in cap space when all is said and done and that's without extending Rolle, too. (they have about 19 million right now) If the cap does go up to 140 million next season, the Giants will be able to extend Eli to bring his cap number down as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom