• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

So long, Steve Gregory. Maybe the Patriots will get lucky and Calvin Pryor will drop to 29. Otherwise, I suppose Duron Harmon will be an acceptable strong safety.

You have got to be kidding me. I knew Ireland was in love with him but I figured Philbin had at least some say in that move. Wow. If this is true the new FO obviously doesn't see him grabbing a starting spot over Olivier Vernon.

I'd imagine there are a ton of 3-4 teams that would kill for a guy like Jordan but man I would hate to see him go. He hasn't even had a legitimate shot yet, he came into the league recovering from an injury and missed a lot of offseason stuff because of his schooling at Oregon.

You have got to be kidding me. I knew Ireland was in love with him but I figured Philbin had at least some say in that move. Wow. If this is true the new FO obviously doesn't see him grabbing a starting spot over Olivier Vernon.

I'd imagine there are a ton of 3-4 teams that would kill for a guy like Jordan but man I would hate to see him go. He hasn't even had a legitimate shot yet, he came into the league recovering from an injury and missed a lot of offseason stuff because of his schooling at Oregon.

And Vernon is NOT better then Jordan, he put up better numbers with fewer snaps too, i hate this team...

Wes

venison crêpe
What would he go for? A pick between 10 and 20? Much less? I don't have much clue about his talent level compared to this year's class.

What would he go for? A pick between 10 and 20? Much less? I don't have much clue about his talent level compared to this year's class.

There has been a lot of talk about the Eagles loving him and wanting him last year. I hope they offer 22 if none of the safeties are there. I am not sold on drafting a DE/OLB at 22 but it they can get a top 5 talent that Chip knows first hand then that sounds good.

There has been a lot of talk about the Eagles loving him and wanting him last year. I hope they offer 22 if none of the safeties are there. I am not sold on drafting a DE/OLB at 22 but it they can get a top 5 talent that Chip knows first hand then that sounds good.
If the Dolphins FO is really that disinterested in Jordan (particularly Hickey) this could be a win for both teams. The guy has a ton of potential if he stays healthy and is used in a proper system.

Some hype material for you: Sport Science: Dion Jordan

I mean come on, there is a reason this guy was the #1 defensive prospect last year. No one has seen his ceiling yet, not even close.

If the Dolphins FO is really that disinterested in Jordan (particularly Hickey) this could be a win for both teams. The guy has a ton of potential if he stays healthy and is used in a proper system.

I mean come on, there is a reason this guy was the #1 defensive prospect last season. No one has seen his ceiling yet, not even close.

i haven't been this pissed off since we lost to the bills, thanks miami.

I mean come on, there is a reason this guy was the #1 defensive prospect last season. No one has seen his ceiling yet, not even close.

You are so right. I would even do the #22 plus a small roster player, maybe the Fins want either Bryce Brown or Chris Polk? You guys could use a bigger more physical back.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 2m
I was told Dolphins were shopping Dion Jordan (and more) so followed up on it. Source said Jordan heard same rumors, team told him not true.

Mike is one of the best beat guys out there, IMO.

Would a team tell a player, yes we are trying to trade them? What if the deal feel through and then they were stuck with a disgruntled player.
Mike mentions hes not reporting that he won't be traded, just that the team has told him he isn't going anywhere. Take that for what you will.

I'll wait to see what armando has to say, he's usually got a good idea on what the dolphins are doing, still I expect this instead of switching to a 3-4 since the team is run by monkeys.

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff 51s

Multiple NFL scouts told me if Anthony Barr & Jordan were in the same draft they'd all have Jordan ahead of Barr

Middlekauff is kind of a clown, but they might get a 1st rounder for him.

I like Pryor as a backup to a mobile QB. Far better for SF than Colt McCoy, though no way SF and OAK ever trade with each other

That actually wouldn't be a bad fit for him. But yeah not sure if they deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom