• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
If I'm the Texans or Jaguars, I sign Jimmy Graham's offer sheet any day. What are the odds they'll get a player like Jimmy at their spot in the draft?

I'm actually a fan of the new Bucs uni. I think we're at a time where the uniform looks good if you go all-in on the modern design, or you refresh a classic look and/or pay homage to it, like the current Bills uni. I'm not a fan of some of the uniforms from the mid 90s that are still present. I think the Eagles, Broncos and Rams should go back to an old-school design and color schemes, while teams who haven't had much of a uni update are due (Ravens, Panthers, Titans).

Seems Giants are trying hard to re-sign MLB Jon Beason, but not so much on the others.
Outside of Linval, makes sense. I really dislike that we're not pushing harder for Joseph but I understand the realities of the market and we drafted Hankins to take his place.

The nostalgia and loyalty factor makes me wish that Tuck stays a Giant. Don't want to see him in another uniform but don't want to see us overpay, either.

The Giants aren't tendering Jim Cordle or Henry Hynoski either. They are RFA's and the Giants feel they can get them cheaper post-FA.

I'm actually a fan of the new Bucs uni. I think we're at a time where the uniform looks good if you go all-in on the modern design, or you refresh a classic look and/or pay homage to it, like the current Bills uni. I'm not a fan of some of the uniforms from the mid 90s that are still present. I think the Eagles, Broncos and Rams should go back to an old-school design and color schemes, while teams who haven't had much of a uni update are due (Ravens, Panthers, Titans).

Too busy, too many cues, and too many colors in the wrong places, weird font choice. I'm all for ultra-modern (like the Seahawks) or classic (like the Bills), but that jersey looks like six dudes got in a room and upon not being to compromise on one design, just decided to throw everybody's idea in there and call it a day. It looks like a "Create-A-Jersey" from Madden.

This would be a better choice:

bucsnike.png

You lose the pewter gray (which looks thrown in anyway) but this ends up looking a lot more organized and deliberate.

bionic77

How did I defend MS? We were talking about the resolution of a PS4 exclusive game. I assure the Xb1 will never get a KZ game, GG is a Sony first party studio.
Most of your gaming posts are defending the Bone from criticism. And most of it is lame because it is pretty much accepted that it is the weaker system. Doesn't mean it will be worse but that PR is pretty lame.

I know I was banned and away for awhile but that's certainly how I remember your posts unless you and Dragon made out and you became a Sony fanboy.

Most of your gaming posts are defending the Bone from criticism. And most of it is lame because it is pretty much accepted that it is the weaker system. Doesn't mean it will be worse but that PR is pretty lame.

I know I was banned and away for awhile but that's certainly how I remember your posts unless you and Dragon made out and you became a Sony fanboy.

You're old enough to remember Moonlighting bionic. Yank and Dragon are basically Bruce and Cybill.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sheesh Grimes got a whole lot of money. We wanted a FA CB and to give Haden a new contract. Now the market is set pretty high.

Sheesh Grimes got a whole lot of money. We wanted a FA CB and to give Haden a new contract. Now the market is set pretty high.

It's in line with what everyone has predicted he would get regardless of the team, 8-9 million per year. The question was whether he can get that and a multi-year contract. I think it's a good deal as long as the Dolphins can end the contract on the 3rd or 4th year and not take a big hit, since 16 million is guaranteed I really hope they front-loaded it.

No we definitely didnt make out. I just hate the hypocrisy this gen from people who were on the other side of this same stupid argument last gen. I know it will never happen but I am waiting for the day when people argue games/consoles based on are they fun, not how many pixels are displayed every 16ms for whatever. I am not trying to defend the XB1 from being the weaker console, I am trying to get rid of the whole concept of weakness as a way to judge consoles. I really feel it has gotten totally nuts this gen to the point that very little actual discussion even takes place on the gaming side anymore.

Dragon

Banned
No we definitely didnt make out. I just hate the hypocrisy this gen from people who were on the other side of this same stupid argument last gen. I know it will never happen but I am waiting for the day when people argue games/consoles based on are they fun, not how many pixels are displayed every 16ms for whatever. I am not trying to defend the XB1 from being the weaker console, I am trying to get rid of the whole concept of weakness as a way to judge consoles. I really feel it has gotten totally nuts this gen to the point that very little actual discussion even takes place on the gaming side anymore.

The problem with this type of argument is pretty easy to understand. One is something that can be empirically measured and the other side is something almost completely subjective.

Gaming side judges consoles on sales, resolution, frame rate and games support to name a few. As far as the 'fun' factor, it just seems like a very hard thing to discuss. I'm having a lot of fun with Danganronpa, does that mean the Vita is a successful gaming platform? Raw power has always been in the discussion.

Edit: And to be clear, I didn't make out with yankeehater either, I was too busy trolling for numbers this past weekend at a wedding.

squicken

Oh Ok.

Rumors that Raiders are interested in Ryan Mallet...Idk how to feel about this...He's a step up from HOFlynn right? (Please say yes...please.)

Mike Lombardi used to float the rumors everyone wanted to hire Josh McDaniels, Brian Hoyer was the belle of the football scrap heap, and that everyone wanted to give up 5 first round picks for Ryan Mallett. I can't see any reason why a team would trade for Mallett. What has he ever done in a real game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom