• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anquan Boldin resigns with the San Francisco 49ers for two years. Safe to say the Ravens decisively lost that trade.

On one hand, no playoffs last year. On the other, still recent Super Bowl champs and our best in the playoffs over the last two years is still better than clowning the Packers.

I'll take this tradeoff.

zychi

Banned
real random, anyone know where i can buy a "half" jersey that you see from those terrible fans?

my buddy is a lions fan and his fiance is a packers fan, i wanna get them one (prefably favre cut with barry sanders) as a wedding gift

Seems like dolphins will at least get the chance to talk to a few LT before the draft. I wouldn't mine picking one up and picking someone else with the 19th pick, don't know what would be the biggest need outside of linemen though especially at 19....corner? LB?

cdyhybrid

real random, anyone know where i can buy a "half" jersey that you see from those terrible fans?

my buddy is a lions fan and his fiance is a packers fan, i wanna get them one (prefably favre cut with barry sanders) as a wedding gift

Get them Bears jerseys instead.

Half jerseys should get you banned from games.

ShaneB

This makes me wonder, what 2 names you could have on these jerseys that would combine for comedic results?

Sanjuro

Sure, tell us your opinion once they're Bucket-approved. I'm on to you.

I don't follow?

I'm comparing them to the two primary variants. The previous uniform and the creamsicle. I think it looks better than both of those. Either way, there are much worse uniforms out there anyway.

I don't follow?

I'm comparing them to the two primary variants. The previous uniform and the creamsicle. I think it looks better than both of those. Either way, there are much worse uniforms out there anyway.
NFL-GAF graphic design extraordinaire Buckethead said he liked the Bucs new uniforms one minute before you did. It's okay, I won't judge you for jumping on the Bucketwagon.

It's just a stupid joke. I agree that the uniforms aren't too bad besides the huge helmet logo.

Spinluck

I still dont get why Seag didnt want to just publish the sequel. I thought that the first game sold okay, and I cant imagine it is an expensive game to make. Would have been the perfect game to release on all 3 platforms during the summer before the PS4 and XB1 libraries get to big.

There is a reason SEGA is the SEGA we know today lol. They were probably were too broke to publish it.

Sanjuro

Welcome back Sanj, I missed ya brother!! Tell me, how many ketchup-laden hot dogs did you enjoy during your time away!!

Zero.

NFL-GAF graphic design extraordinaire Buckethead said he liked the Bucs new uniforms one minute before you did. It's okay, I won't judge you for jumping on the Bucketwagon.

It's just a stupid joke. I agree that the uniforms aren't too bad besides the huge helmet logo.

The helmet alone is that ugly chrome color. Expanding the logo just highlights the team color. In this case, it works for the better. If the Patriots did the same for example, it would just be enlarged for no reason. Kind of a big reason why I'm praying for a color scheme/logo change.

The Flying Elvis needs to die.

cajunator

Banned
No we definitely didnt make out. I just hate the hypocrisy this gen from people who were on the other side of this same stupid argument last gen. I know it will never happen but I am waiting for the day when people argue games/consoles based on are they fun, not how many pixels are displayed every 16ms for whatever. I am not trying to defend the XB1 from being the weaker console, I am trying to get rid of the whole concept of weakness as a way to judge consoles. I really feel it has gotten totally nuts this gen to the point that very little actual discussion even takes place on the gaming side anymore.

Unfortunately this will exist as long as there are people who cannot afford any console they want and thus have to prove that their decision was the right one. For us who can just afford all of them we havent got anything to argue or prove other than measurable factual differences. I went with WiiU, Ps4, PC because it works for me.

Eh, Reggie is kind of in a tough spot, they both want elite money, but neither are elite imo.

I agree. I'm not saying I wouldn't understand if it happens. It also doesn't necessarily mean that either won't get a deal done before they hit open market. The Oakland Cone of Silence is just so frustrating at times. hahaha

Any word on if they are going to franchise Ward? Also does anyone know when the deadline is for tags today?

Eagles are not going to get Bryd it sounds like, but I would be very happy with Ward.

If you use one, you can't use the other. So either they resign Ward between now and Free agency starts up or he walks.

I agree. I'm not saying I wouldn't understand if it happens. It also doesn't necessarily mean that either won't get a deal done before they hit open market. The Oakland Cone of Silence is just so frustrating at times. hahaha

Yeah Reggie could be waiting till the 8th to see what kind of offers they both get.

Veldheer to Miami, please. He shall pave the way for many a Tre Mason TD run.

He's actually not a very good run blocker. Great pass blocker though.

squicken

Smart move Browns.

It's kind of like Byrd, where they have done everything to show the guy they want to keep him, but he wants to move on. Smart to use the transition tag. Teams will be reluctant to put all their eggs in that basket on Day 1 of FA b/c the Browns can just match the deal. So the team trying to sign him loses out on the player and the crucial time window at the start of FA where all the big players get signed

Rob Ellis on wip today said he has spoken to people with the Bills and that Bryd wants crazy big money. I just dont see the Eagles paying that for a safety with a bit of an injury history. I think TJ Ward is the guy they make a big push for. I would love to see them get Bryd, so I hope I am wrong though.

Rorschach

Eh, Reggie is kind of in a tough spot, they both want elite money, but neither are elite imo.

Veldheer will get his money. He is one of the best left tackles in the game.

Houston is an unproven guy with a lot of potential. I like him, but he's nowhere near worth the top money yet.

JABEE

Rob Ellis on wip today said he has spoken to people with the Bills and that Bryd wants crazy big money. I just dont see the Eagles paying that for a safety with a bit of an injury history. I think TJ Ward is the guy they make a big push for. I would love to see them get Bryd, so I hope I am wrong though.
Roseman said he would pay big money for special players. The media asked if special players were available in this free agent class, Roseman responded, "Yes."

I would say Byrd is a special player.

cdyhybrid

Bernard Pollard Jr ‏@Crushboy31 5m
Thank God!!! I'll be a Titan for the next couple years!!! TitanUp

Need to get the Titans in the playoffs against the Pats.

JABEE

I think signing Byrd, drafting a premium pass rusher, and solidifying the growth this defense had last season makes this Eagles team a legitimate contender.

Paying a 27-year-old All-Pro Safety big-time money is worth the risk.

Roseman said he would pay big money for special players. The media asked if special players were available in this free agent class, Roseman responded, "Yes."

I would say Byrd is a special player.

I hope you are right.

I see that the Pats are likely to cut DA after June 1st. I wonder if the Eagles would have any interest in him. He could be a good 4th/insurance in the slot in case Maclin isnt healthy. I cant imagine teams paying much of anything for him with all the injuries he has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom