• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard Pollard Jr ‏@Crushboy31 5m
Thank God!!! I'll be a Titan for the next couple years!!! TitanUp

Need to get the Titans in the playoffs against the Pats.

Mech's gotta be careful. Keep calling the Texans as Pats South is gonna make Pollard injure 2 Texans next year.

LJ11

It's funny just listening to Whaley at this point.

Does any other GM get up in front of the media to explain why their org continually fucks up when it comes to resigning their own players? Embarrassing/

Buffalo Bills the Official Farm Team of the NFL.

JABEE

Does any other GM get up in front of the media to explain why their org continually fucks up when it comes to resigning their own players? Embarrassing/

I'm sorry, LJ. This sucks for you guys. I'm just really excited.

Awesome. The more good safeties on the market the better. I really do hope the Eagles make a huge push for him. I think they are pretty much set at LBer, Cole and Barwin were both good last year and Ryans and Kendrick are both solid in the middle. The need to improve the DL though, got to get a big NT for 1st down. I am happy withn their corners, Williams and Fletcher both played well at times and would improve greatly from having NFL safeties behind them.

I figured you wouldn't be too happy about this. Why do they always let their best players walk? I cannot comprehend the logic.

So the Bills have $25m in cap space, and the franchise tag for safeties is $8.4m. Seems really odd that they didnt tag him after tagging him last year.

squicken

Better than having no players anyone wants. Pats are going to cut the best WR the Rams have had since the GSoT guys

gutshot

So the Bills have $25m in cap space, and the franchise tag for safeties is $8.4m. Seems really odd that they didnt tag him after tagging him last year.

He doesn't want to be there. And no one wants to trade for him when they will have to turn around and immediately give him a new contract anyway.

Let's hope Byrd prefers the Oregon connection and competing to the Browns and Pettine!

People keep saying that the Browns are going to sign him, but if they are planning to spend money on a safety why not just sign the guy they already have? It would be cheaper for sure.

He doesn't want to be there. And no one wants to trade for him when they will have to turn around and immediately give him a new contract anyway.

Why does the team care though? Unless they are worried he would hold out, and he played last year on the tag, they should have tagged him and tried to work something out. At least they would have gotten one more year of a really good player for not to much money.

bionic77

bionic you gonna send your kids to this one day?
http://michaeljordanbasketballcamp.com/
Would I send my kids to MJs basketball camp?

Of course I would man. Like every father I have dreams for my kids.

Maybe they are not the typical dreams of a lot of fathers or the wet dreams of DM concerning this topic but I would definitely send them there.

In my mind the camp would play out like this. My son would absolutely dominate and I would coach him to psychologically torture any big men on his team when they fail to get a rebound off of his miss so that he would earn MJ's approval. This would leave to an epic one on one game in front of the entire camp. MJ would check the ball to my son who would say he needed to take off his shirt. Underneath would be a Magic jersey that said in sharpie "I know how Magic really got AIDS".

My son would proceed to humiliate and destroy Jordan on the court (who is already shaken up that his secret is out). The game would end with my 13 year old son dunking on Jordan (American History X style), breaking the backboard, and telling MJ that he wasn't shit. The doors to the camp would open and all of the teary eyed kids and coaches who were at the camp would file out (I would be there handing them all Magic and Tebow jerseys) in stunned disbelief finding out that their whole life was a lie. Something similar will happen to you in 3 years when we finally get concrete proof that the XBONE is substantially weaker than the PS4.

But that is just a father dreaming man. In reality my kid will probably be into some bullshit sport like curling or baseball in which I have no interest in.

LJ11

Marrone doesn't want him around if he's not in it for the long term. That's one positive about Marrone, he seems to hate losers, and coaches/players who won't commit themselves to the team.

Unfortunately for Doug, he himself will continue to lose... Hide the dog!

bionic77

Pittsburgh Steelers put the transition tag on OLB Jason Worilds. A bit of a surprise.
When did we get so dumb in dealing with players under contract?

He sucked a big fat one until he was in a contract year. Anyone who suddenly comes to play during a contract year after years of sucking most likely is not into being the best. Let the fat fuck walk with Woodley and draft their replacements or find equal value in the garbage bin in FA.

When did we get so dumb in dealing with players under contract?

He sucked a big fat one until he was in a contract year. Anyone who suddenly comes to play during a contract year after years of sucking most likely is not into being the best. Let the fat fuck walk with Woodley and draft their replacements or find equal value in the garbage bin in FA.
Whatever dude, you don't deserve him anyway!

Colasante

Very happy to see that the Raiders didn't tag Lamarr Houston. I'm not sure if he'll price himself out of the Patriots' range, but I'd love to see him here.

Then he should come to New England, not Philly.

Eagles are a young team with a young QB and a HC who he has worked with before. Pats are an old team with a very old QB who is most definitely on the downward arch of his career. Also the Pats dont pay free agents, or their own players for that matter.

Eagles are a young team with a young QB and a HC who he has worked with before. Pats are an old team with a very old QB who is most definitely on the downward arch of his career. Also the Pats dont pay free agents, or their own players for that matter.

Nothing says winning like paying big money to free agents.

Dolphins can't afford to miss in FA this year when it comes to the o-line. They have a lot of work to do, the draft alone won't cut it. It looks like some talent will be out there, time to see if Hickey can land it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom