• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we land a nice LT during FA what do you think we should go for at 19?
Man, no idea. Honestly I've been assuming they go Zack Martin up to this point based on need and all the mocks I've seen. I think they would probably still need to go OL though, there are just so many holes there. Incognito, Jerry, Clabo... Dolphins need good replacements for all those guys. It seems like a lot of scouts see Martin as more of a OG than OT anyway so that pick still might make the most sense.

You mean like the Seahawks giving big money to Harvin, Bennett, and Avril last offseason. Or how about the Broncos signing Manning to a huge free agent contract. Yep signing Free agents never works. good point.

So even without the Broncos winning the Super Bowl they are successful?

Good point.

And the Seahawks foundation was set through the draft.

Good point.

Man, no idea. Honestly I've been assuming they go Zack Martin up to this point based on need and all the mocks I've seen. I think they would probably still need to go OL though, there are just so many holes there. Incognito, Jerry, Clabo... Dolphins need good replacements for all those guys. It seems like a lot of scouts see Martin as more of a OG than OT anyway so that pick still might make the most sense.

Spending 19th on a guard though? Sucks...but yeah I can't seem to place anything as more of a need then oline. Would be nice to get another CB or LB, I'm opposed to a WR/RB or TE in the first so I guess it would have to be on the defensive side of the ball, but yeah if we can shore up the oline completely i guess i'd be ok with taking zack at 19th anyways.

Mack gets transition tagged. Saves them money if it has to be a temporary 1 year deal. Glad the CBA fixed all that poison pill crap from years ago.

Mack was important to keep, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Next, Ward and or Byrd pls.

P.S. Tampa's new unis are garbo.

Spinluck

So even without the Broncos winning the Super Bowl they are successful?

Good point.

And the Seahawks foundation was set through the draft.

Good point.

Every player Yankee named had a huge role in that Superbowl win. And the Broncos don't win that division without Manning.

This whole FA never works thing is bullshit. All about signing the right guys. And not just signing big names that won't do shit after they get big contracts.

Hey bros, got me a job offer today! whoo!

...but I'm waiting for the interview process at another company to pan out first, because I think they'll pay higher and they're a hell of a lot closer to home.

Every player Yankee named had a huge role in that Superbowl win. And the Broncos don't win that division without Manning.

This whole FA never works thing is bullshit. All about signing the right guys. And not just signing big names that won't do shit after they get big contracts.

I just don't understand how the Broncos season was a succes. Yankee always clearly stated that it's Super Bowl win or bust. Unless when you're in the 'Rebuilding fase'.

I'm also not saying Free Agency signings don't work. They can work out great, it's usually just the big money splash moves that have a tendency to blow up in teams faces.

But whatever, with Russia threatening with World War 3, I'm probably nuked to shit before the season even starts, so who cares.

Hey bros, got me a job offer today! whoo!

...but I'm waiting for the interview process at another company to pan out first, because I think they'll pay higher and they're a hell of a lot closer to home.

WHOOOOOO!

Hope it all works out, brother

I just don't understand how the Broncos season was a succes. Yankee always clearly stated that it's Super Bowl win or bust. Unless when you're in the 'Rebuilding fase'.

I'm also not saying Free Agency signings don't work. They can work out great, it's usually just the big money splash moves that have a tendency to blow up in teams faces.

But whatever, with Russia threatening with World War 3, I'm probably nuked to shit before the season even starts, so who cares.

WHOOOOOO!

Hope it all works out, brother

You can come be a hobo here in LA, we got nice weather all year round (minus a day or two of rain) there are a ton of homeless people around my work, I can even introduce you to the less crazy ones and we can drink some brew during lunch while we make fun of the jets.

You can come be a hobo here in LA, we got nice weather all year round (minus a day or two of rain) there are a ton of homeless people around my work, I can even introduce you to the less crazy ones and we can drink some brew during lunch while we make fun of the jets.

I'm always game for making fun of the Jets. Can I borrow your car sometimes?

Exactly. I dont know how the whole siging FAs never works got started. Hell in 2004 the Eagles got TO and Kearse in the offseason and made the SB the next year. The Giants signed Plax as a FA and he was great for them. There are tons of examples of FAs doing well for their new team.

Nakazato

Ozzie getting senile.

With that horrid ass draft class last year. I agreed might be time for Eric to take over.

Maybe Kubes doesn't like the fit for the ZBS? Ozzie is pretty damn good. 2 SBs. Locked up Flacco and got a 6th for Boldin

We ran the zone last year and he was our best Oline player. Im mostly upset we have a shit Oline and we have 120 mil dollar QB that has no protection.

I'd love it, but I think he's definitely too expensive. I've heard he's likely to go to the Vikings.

That would be hilarious.

Silva is such a clown. What should he do, give them Al Davis contracts? They're both good players, but not elite. Not even the best FAs in their positions. Plus in Houston's case, if he wants, he wants out.

bionic77

Whatever dude, you don't deserve him anyway!
Fuck both of those fat fucks.

Woodley has stolen so many millions from this franchise. There should be a clause in contracts that if you don't report to camp in shape and don't have a legit medical reason for doing so then you suffer a huge penalty on your contract which can be used to save space on the cap.

squicken

Steelers should think of cutting Troy, not re-doing his deal. Would save them $10m. He just makes too much for a safety that is a liability in coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom