• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

LYnWodM.jpg

lmao
What puzzles me about the new unis is the black pants. They're going to regret those when they're playing September home games.

cdyhybrid

Byrd should come to Seattle for a discount so he can win a Super Bowl and hone his craft by learning from All-Pros Earl Thomas III and Kam Chancellor.

All yall talking about which big name free agent your teams are going to sign.

Meanwhile I'm back here wondering if we'll even have enough money to field a full team next year.

23 players off our roster become free agents on March 11.

24 called, they want their clock back.

Unrelated: It was 75 degrees and sunny yesterday. It is currently 28 degrees with freezing rain falling. Gotta love NC weather.

squicken

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Houston Texas coach Bill O'Brien at Pittsburgh pro-day for QB Tom Savage...requested Savage throw specific routes at the end of workout...

Gil Brandt loves this dude. I've never seen him take a snap that I can recall

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 45m

NFL comfirms no exclusive franchise tags used among 4 players who were tagged -- Hardy, Folk, Graham, Orakpo.

Who trying to give up them first round picks tho? A premium defensive end in his prime is all yours for at least 13.2 million and a couple draft picks.

squicken

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 45m

NFL comfirms no exclusive franchise tags used among 4 players who were tagged -- Hardy, Folk, Graham, Orakpo.

Who trying to give up them first round picks tho? A premium defensive end in his prime is all yours for at least 13.2 million and a couple draft picks.

La Canfora said that the Saints hope someone takes Graham b/c he's a doucher off the field. But yeah, no one will ever give up a 2 firsts unless it is a QB

e: I don't get why the Raiders didn't at least put the transition tag on their LT. Man if they draft a QB he is dead

Tenumi

Banned
What puzzles me about the new unis is the black pants. They're going to regret those when they're playing September home games.

They're supposedly Pewter, but it doesn't really show that well in the photos. Doesn't change the point, though.

La Canfora said that the Saints hope someone takes Graham b/c he's a doucher off the field. But yeah, no one will ever give up a 2 firsts unless it is a QB

e: I don't get why the Raiders didn't at least put the transition tag on their LT. Man if they draft a QB he is dead

Beat writers seem to think long term deal with veldheer will get done.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
May be a while before the next prison update. Busy week at the office + South Park release will likely take up my time.

Why did wide receiver Anquan Boldin sign with the 49ers today more than a week before the start of free agency?

For starters, after he was traded from the Ravens a year ago, he didn’t want to uproot his wife and two sons by playing for his third team in the past three seasons.

Another reason: Jim Harbaugh.

“He had a big role in me coming back,” Boldin said. “He’s a guy that I had a real good relationship with.”

The last factor, of course, is newsworthy in light of a recent Chronicle report that Harbaugh has worn thin with some of the more notable players in the 49ers’ locker room. Boldin, who was voted the team’s MVP, an award voted on by the coaches, dismissed any suggestion of player-coach tension.

“When I did hear about it, I kind of laughed because it was exactly that: I don’t think anyone in our locker room has an issue with coach Harbaugh,” Boldin said. “And the way our locker room is built, we have an open-door policy. If anybody has a concern or wants to voice their opinion, they’re more than welcome to. There have been times where we have voiced our concerns as players and coach Harbaugh has listened to and taken into consideration how we felt as players.

“So I don’t there’s any rift between players and coaches, particularly coach Harbaugh. Like I said, he has a great rapport with all the guys that I know of. I’ve heard of no griping in the locker room when it comes to coach Harbaugh. Like I said, he’s a guy that wants to win. And everybody in the locker room wants to do the same thing. We’re pretty much usually on the same page and if we’re not, we have it to where we can go talk to him and he listens to us.”

The no-nonsense Boldin said he’s cut from the same cloth as the ultra-competitive Harbaugh, who said of his wideout in January: “I love his personality. Serious about winning. Serious about being really good. He comes to work, he goes home, he comes back to work and kicks ass day after day. I love it.”

Said Boldin: “Me and (Harbaugh) were able to talk about anything. I just like his demeanor. The way he approached the game. I’m the exact same way. So I think we mesh pretty good. Like I said, he was just good to me the entire year.”

fucking liar. boldin was going to expose the major rift amongst harbs and the players and we had to pay him $12 mil to keep his mouth shut about the truth

PFT talk headline: BOLDIN SAYS PLAYERS HAVE VOICED CONCERNS IN LOCKER ROOM

Wasn't it just two years ago when John almost had a mutiny cause players were pissed off, so he called a team meeting and worked it out? I totally agree, you have an issue, bring it up, either in the locker room or privately later. None of this "unnamed source on twitter whispered this to a friend" Offseason reports BS...

Jim Harbaugh has turned it around the least they can do is give him that respect he deserves.

And I don't even like the guy...

bionic77

Harbaugh seems like the kind of guy who says the N word when no black people are around. Along with a lot of other ethnic and racial slurs. I just made this up (but it seems somewhat plausible) and yet I am pretty sure more research is involved that most shit PFT puts out.

Also fuck the Steelers for rewarded our fat, lazy linebackers. Fucking GM is a stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Im so glad the new Viking Uniforms ended up essentially being upgraded throwbacks.

The 2000's were a dark time. I hated those uniforms so fucking much. Especially when the originals were so clean.

Those Buc jerseys arent the worst thing Ive ever seen but they are kinda gross.

I hope the Rams don't create some abomination like that when we get new uniforms in the next few years.

I also hope we go back to blue/yellow and not blue/white like they're apparently thinking of doing so we don't just look like the Colts with horns on our helmets.

Some Browns free agency stuff, here are some guys we seem to be interested in

Sam Shields, Johnathon Joseph if released, guards Jon Asamoah (KC), Wade Smith (Hou) and Zane Beadles (Den). Ben Tate but won't get into a bidding war for him, and "dammit" Donald Brown.

I like Ward but if Browns can get Byrd I'll be extremely excited. Ward isn't the best cover guy and he's really only had one healthy season, eagles can take him if we get byrd

Browns also seem to like Jimmy garapolo , and might not target Qb at 4. Possible scenario Watkins at 4, Mosley 26, jimmy G 2nd round . Don't think there ruling anything out at 4 Ben Greg Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom