• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, actually just went to his concert in Philly last week. Buddy of mine that works for Microsoft got use a luxury suite. Not a huge fan of his music but he puts on a helluva show. Who says no to a luxury suite, too? :D
I bet Mrs. Futurevoid wanted a piece of dat luxury suite.

MechDX

BG, Wade Smith is done. He had a horrible season last year. One of the worst rated OG by PFF

I don't believe Joseph will be released. They will try to restructure him but won't just cut him. Have no back up ready.

If they take Clowney at 1.1 look at them taking Garapolo at 2.1 unless they trade that pick. With a deep draft potential 1st rounder will drop and 2.1 will be in high demand

I thought he got traded cause they wanted to give him another chance to win...and they really undersold him, because they were doing a classy thing.

Pretty much, he was a gift for kicking his younger brother's ass in the SB. Probably if John didn't do it, Jim threatened to hold his breath or run away and join the circus or something.

BG, Wade Smith is done. He had a horrible season last year. One of the worst rated OG by PFF

I don't believe Joseph will be released. They will try to restructure him but won't just cut him. Have no back up ready.

If they take Clowney at 1.1 look at them taking Garapolo at 2.1 unless they trade that pick. With a deep draft potential 1st rounder will drop and 2.1 will be in high demand
True 2.1 could be in demand , I feel it always is. But if we're talking Qb browns have the advantage with having pick number 26.

Wes

venison crêpe
Browns also seem to like Jimmy garapolo , and might not target Qb at 4. Possible scenario Watkins at 4, Mosley 26, jimmy G 2nd round . Don't think there ruling anything out at 4 Ben Greg Robinson

Since the combine I think this is how, barring not being able to trade down, the new FO will want the draft to fall. Unfortunately I don't think Mosley will last to 26.

Garapolo worth a first round pick?
If you take a Qb at the top of the 2nd is there that much difference then taking him at the bottom of the first? Most of the times teams have to pay a premium for a Qb they want. Not saying he is and not saying he's not, haven't really watched to many games. But I have said for a long time he's a guy I thought would rise come the process.
Since the combine I think this is how, barring not being able to trade down, the new FO will want the draft to fall. Unfortunately I don't think Mosley will last to 26.
Idk I just don't see us trading down from 4. We already have 10 draft picks, 7 in the first 4 rounds I believe. Already hard enough picturing us making all those picks. I think we make a pick at 4 wether it be a Qb or whoever, don't think it's the time to trade down.
Edit: maybe I'm going back on my reasoning just remembered we took Weeden in the first....but I wouldn't be mad at jimmy g, not saying it's gonna happen though

MechDX

Even so, Savage was happy with his Pro Day performance. Met with HCs Chip Kelly & Bill O'Brien after his workout. @SiriusXMNFL @Gil_Brandt

--Marvez Twitter

Who is Tom Savage?

EDIT: Google:

Tom Savage

American football

Tom Savage is an American football quarterback. He played college football at Rutgers, Arizona and Pittsburgh. Wikipedia

Born: April 26, 1990 (age 23), Springfield, PA

Height: 6' 5" (1.96 m)

Weight: 229 lbs (104 kg)

Got dammit!

Branduil

LYnWodM.jpg

lmao

LOL

I don't understand why teams mess with their uniforms so much. The Bucs already had great uniforms, now they go straight to being a bottom-five team in terms of looks.

Then again, turning uniform design into a freak show worked for Seattle, so maybe that's what the Bucs are hoping for.

Fox318

LOL

I don't understand why teams mess with their uniforms so much. The Bucs already had great uniforms, now they go straight to being a bottom-five team in terms of looks.

Then again, turning uniform design into a freak show worked for Seattle, so maybe that's what the Bucs are hoping for.

People will buy new uniforms. NFL is about making money.

They couldn't give a shit about anything else.

MechDX

Miami-Dolphins1-520x260.jpg

lol what the fuck is this shit.

318734_363124953780797_844743255_n.jpg

Old, ugly ass, fan made mock ups.

That's a lot of movement. BoB must like him b/c he went to Rutgers at one point. Was he a problem player? Get kicked out or did he move around for playing time?

Wiki:

Savage enrolled at Rutgers University in 2009, and after Rutgers opened the season with a loss to Cincinnati, he was named the starting quarterback. He led the team to a 9-4 record. During his freshman year at Rutgers, Savage passed for 2,211 yards and 14 touchdowns, while throwing only 7 interceptions. In arguably his best game of the year, he completed 14 of 27 passes for a season-high 294 yards and 2 touchdowns against the University of Central Florida in the 2009 St. Petersburg Bowl.[2] He was named on the All-American Freshman Team by the Football Writers Association of America.[3]

In 2010, Savage threw for 521 passing yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions.[4] Early in the season, he was sidelined by an injury to his hand and replaced with freshman quarterback Chas Dodd. Dodd remained the starting QB based on his performance against Connecticut in his first ever start. On January 8, 2011, Savage announced he would be transferring from Rutgers University.[5] Rutgers granted Savage a conditional release. In February 2011 he announced that he was transferring to Arizona. He would have had to sit out the 2011 season due to NCAA transfer rules but would be eligible to play in 2012.[6]

Late in 2011, Savage announced that he would be leaving Arizona. This move followed the announcement that Arizona had hired Rich Rodriguez as Head Coach. In June Savage announced via his Twitter page that he would be transferring to Pittsburgh where he redshirted in 2012.[7] Savage initially wanted to play at Rutgers again; however a hardship waiver was denied by the NCAA.

On August 14, 2013, Pitt head coach Paul Chryst officially named Savage the starting quarterback for the 2013 season opener against Florida State.[8] For the season he passed for 2,958 yards and 21 touchdowns.

injury, new coach and just moody

MechDX

Gil Brandt seems to like Savage. Compares him to Troy Aikman:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...age-the-best-qb-prospect-youve-never-heard-of

A few weeks later, I watched this quarterback throw for six touchdowns while completing 23 of 33 passes for 424 yards against Duke. He showed that he could make every throw, connecting on deep passes, crossing routes, throwing out to the sideline, and checking it down to a running back. Perhaps most impressive, he was able to perfectly lead his receivers so they didn't have to slow down to make a reception.

Watching this game, the quarterback, Tom Savage, reminded me a lot of a player I had the privilege to scout and eventually draft back in the 1980s -- Troy Aikman.

The similarities I see between the two aren't so much in their results as they are in the way the QBs carry themselves on the field. Physically, when I see Savage, he reminds me of Aikman. He is well built at 6-foot-3, 245 pounds. He has a very strong arm and above-average accuracy on his throws. He is more of a pocket passer than someone who will beat you with his legs. Not a lot of prospects have the combination of size, arm strength, and passing ability that I see in Savage.

Intriguing late round prospect.

There are a lot of rumors about Jim Harbaugh these days. He was almost traded to the Cleveland Browns. He wants more money. He wants more power. He will leave the San Francisco 49ers after the upcoming season, one year before his contract expires.
I asked Harbaugh about these rumors. Let's start with the last one first. Can he envision a scenario in which he leaves the 49ers before his contract expires?
"No," Harbaugh said. "Zero opportunity or chance of that in my mind."

Harbaugh said he would not negotiate in the media. Instead, our conversation was something of an anti-negotiation. He talked about all the things people think he wants.

"I see all these reports about how I want to be the highest-paid coach in football," Harbaugh said. "They presume I covet some kind of extension. I have never said to anybody that I want to be the highest-paid coach in football. I have never said that to anybody -- my wife, my brother, my dad. I make plenty of money.

"The other one is that I want more power. I have never said that, nor do I want any more power than I have. I coach the team. I've told my owner I don't want any more power. I want to coach the team. And I've never told anybody else otherwise."

The 49ers have been wildly successful in Harbaugh's three years: conference championship game, Super Bowl, conference championship game. The last team to repeatedly come so close to winning a Super Bowl without actually winning one was the Buffalo Bills two decades ago. The 49ers have done it with a straightforward front office structure. General manager Trent Baalke gets final say in the draft room. Harbaugh's voice is heard, but Baalke ultimately makes the decisions.

"Same things I signed on for when I signed on here as the coach," Harbaugh said. "That's been the structure since Day 1."

That structure is at the root of speculation about Harbaugh's future. There is a perception that Harbaugh and Baalke don't get along, and that owner Jed York will have to choose between them. Time will tell. But remember this: Some people can tolerate a higher level of creative tension than others, and what some see as an untenable situation, others see as a productive working relationship.

"We're both demanding and we want to be accountable for ourselves, for each other," Harbaugh said. "If you haven't had a brother, you probably don't understand the relationship between the GM and the head coach. We're partners on the same team. I have great respect for him. He works extremely hard at it and is very good at it. We are all part of a team. I believe in the structure we have. I don't want to change anything that we do in that regard."

As for reports that Baalke and Harbaugh barely communicate, Harbaugh said "we talk daily, hourly." (He was actually in a meeting with Baalke and others before we talked.)
I asked Harbaugh if he would like a hybrid general manager/coach role, and he said "No. I've never wanted more power. We have a great organization. Everybody in our organization works their tails off and does a very good job. Everybody does a little and adds it up to a lot."

There is no doubt that Harbaugh is demanding. Most football coaches are, and all of the great ones are. But if you think he will be unhappy without a contract extension this season, you need to understand Harbaugh is always comfortable betting on himself. His self-image is built on being underestimated and getting the job done anyway, not on having the highest salary. Most of his demands are likely to be in the name of winning, not fattening his wallet. Those khaki pants are cheap, you know.

"I have never been a guy that wants to get extensions," he says. "If the guy at the top is getting extensions every year or two, it sends everybody else to the water cooler. The reason is, in any kind of budget, you have so much money for coaches. At some point it comes down to a pool of money for the coaches. When I started out, I was making $5 million. You run back for an extension, it shrinks the pool."

When is the right time to talk about an extension?
"I don't know," Harbaugh says. "What I do know is this: I make plenty of money. And I don't do five times as much work as any other coach on the staff. I get paid extremely well. Jed York has always been square dealing with me. I don't think about that as an issue ... I've seen it written like fact: 'Harbaugh wants to be the highest paid coach in football', or 'desperately covets a new contract'. For the record: I make plenty of money. I mean, plenty of money.'"

In our conversation, Harbaugh did lobby for more money -- but not for himself. He said defensive coordinator Vic Fangio deserves a raise as part of an extension.

"He has not had a raise since he's been here. Focus on that."
Harbaugh also pointed out that he has two years left on his contract, and as he said, he sees "zero" chance of leaving before it's up. That means he and the 49ers have two years to negotiate an extension. Whatever you say about this situation, you can't say it is urgent.

"It's a principle to me that you never negotiate contracts in the press," he said. "It doesn't benefit anybody to do it publicly. I'm making this exception in talking to you right now and saying I'm not trying to get more money for myself. But I make plenty of money. I have plenty of security. If we have the highest-paid assistant coaches in football, the best coaches in football, I strive for that. Guilty as charged there."

The speculation about Harbaugh's future has simmered for a while, but it reached a boil when Pro Football Talk reported recently that the Browns attempted to acquire him. You can't fault the Browns for asking. But it seems relevant that the 49ers were not interested, and neither was Harbaugh.

"There was never any opportunity to leave the San Francisco 49ers," he says. "If that existed, it existed in somebody else's mind, not mine. I am too fond of my team, the players, the coaches. I really feel like we have one of the best, if not the best organizations in football."

He said that repeatedly: He loves working for the 49ers. Also, to be clear about this, in case there is any confusion, Harbaugh did not sound agitated. He was just answering the questions I asked.
The speculation about Harbaugh may persist -- that is part of sports and part of the media culture. A lot of people have opinions about the situation. Now you know Harbaugh's.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...contract-trent-baalke-jed-york/#ixzz2uxcnqiXp

fucking liar

squicken

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ said:
#Browns HC Mike Pettine on QB Brian Hoyer last season: "He flashed brilliance. He flashed that he could be a quality starter in the #NFL."

#Browns HC Mike Pettine said team did not conduct formal interview with Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel at combine.

#Browns HC Mike Pettine hopes transition tag leads to long-term deal with Pro Bowler Alex Mack. Plus other thoughts

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/b...-deal-with-pro-bowl-center-alex-mack-1.470639

Dragon

Banned
I'm trying to give up soda.

#NoFlavorFascist

It was tough for me initially. I was hooked on a red bull a day too. Nasty stuff. I started drinking two hot teas a day, got that down to one and now I'm off caffeine completely. Sure I feel tired sometimes but it's better than being twitchy and wired like I was before!

I'm fine with twitchy and wired. I'm more concerned about what the acid is doing to my organs.

I'd love to drink beer at work but for some reason it's frowned upon.

Also Mosley won't be on the board but I want him. Pack needa move up.

Konka

Banned
I'm fine with twitchy and wired. I'm more concerned about what the acid is doing to my organs.

I'd love to drink beer at work but for some reason it's frowned upon.

Also Mosley won't be on the board but I want him. Pack needa move up.

Drink Whiskey at work like a man.

Listen here Brady may be Giselle's Ken doll complete with androgyne pelvic area but that chick can pick out some good clothes.

Except hats. Fuck off with those hats Giselle.

Calm your soul brother, here's some material to help ease the feels!!

[Removed Image]

i wish i could just motorboat those titties once in my life. now i've had lap dances with gigantic titties in my face but the cigarette smell is a real turn off for me. when i think of daddario i imagine she has a really sexy smelling perfume on and her vag probably tastes like strawberries. it almost doesn't seem fair: you have this bangin hot girl who is rich and has a great sense of humor. some girls have all the luck!

JCizzle

I bet Florio is squirming like a bitchhhhhhhhhhhh after Harbs just shoved his foot up his ass! Can't wait to hear all the salt next year when he and Peter jerk each other off before one of our SNF games next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom