• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen here Brady may be Giselle's Ken doll complete with androgyne pelvic area but that chick can pick out some good clothes.

Except hats. Fuck off with those hats Giselle.

Tom-Brady-kept-warm-trench-coat-hat.jpg

BigAT

That's a lot of movement. BoB must like him b/c he went to Rutgers at one point. Was he a problem player? Get kicked out or did he move around for playing time?

Moved around for playing time pretty much, although there was a lot of talk about members of his family being in his ear getting him to transfer. Regardless, it wasn't "problem" stuff and he wasn't kicked out.

He kind of got a raw deal in Arizona, he transferred there and as soon as his redshirt year was up Rich Rodriguez (spread) became the head coach and Savage is a typical pro-style quarterback, so he had to transfer again.

Bread

Banned
disgusting

how dare you post that trashy picture after the classy pictures that preceded it

fmt control your friends, where's a pic of alex when you need it?

BigAT

He's 24 and he wasn't super-productive in college. I understand he had some bad breaks, but I struggle to see a guy who is more than a long shot to make a roster

I don't disagree with you. In all honesty I've been a little surprised to see his name pop up so much the last couple of weeks. He has the classic quarterback size and form though so I think someone will give him a chance, late round pick or UDFA.

squicken

I don't disagree with you. In all honesty I've been a little surprised to see his name pop up so much the last couple of weeks. He has the classic quarterback size and form though so I think someone will give him a chance, late round pick or UDFA.

I'm a pretty big believer in size/speed/weight, but it's odd to see people so dogmatic to it. It's like once people stop watching games and just looking at physical traits, so many guys rise and fall. It's good to see Donald isn't getting that. He looks like such a good under tackle for a 4-3. I know it's earlier than he's been projected, but why wouldn't a top 15 team want him? Interior pass rush is so important

Striker

I'm a pretty big believer in size/speed/weight, but it's odd to see people so dogmatic to it. It's like once people stop watching games and just looking at physical traits, so many guys rise and fall. It's good to see Donald isn't getting that. He looks like such a good under tackle for a 4-3. I know it's earlier than he's been projected, but why wouldn't a top 15 team want him? Interior pass rush is so important
He's somebody I hope is strongly looked into for the Giants if a top OL isn't available. There's a number of other names like Ebron, Evans, and Gilbert. Those four along with Donald would be solid picks and guys who would play often instantly. With Alex Mack tagged, I'm not expecting much from that front. Now hoping they can sign away a good OG in FA and possibly a center as well to help at least shore up some depth or a starting position. I'm expecting Baas cut and Snee to take a drastic paycut and battle for the RG job.

Yeah look at the difference Star made to that Panthers D.

Cowboys rework deals, near cap

ESPN said:
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys will be less than $1 million over the salary cap after restructuring the contract of quarterback Tony Romo on Tuesday.

According to a source, the Cowboys will rework Romo's contract to create $10 million in salary cap space. The Cowboys will convert $12.5 million of Romo's $13.5 million base salary into a signing bonus, dropping his salary-cap figure from $21.773 million to $11.773 million.
Romo signed a six-year contract extension last year worth $108 million that included $55 million in guaranteed money. The Cowboys designed the contract to be restructured in the second year of the deal to create the room.

Romo is rehabbing from back surgery performed last December, but the Cowboys anticipate he will be able to take part in the full offseason program that begins April 21.

In addition, the Cowboys will finalize the restructured contracts of linebacker Sean Lee and Orlando Scandrick on Tuesday, which created $6.8 million in room, according to sources. The Cowboys signed Scandrick to a two-year extension late last season that guaranteed him $9 million. Lee signed a six-year extension worth as much as $51 million last summer.

The three restructured deals create $16.8 million of room, leaving the Cowboys less than $1 million from being under their $134.55 million cap. The Cowboys carried over $1.55 million in cap space from 2013.

The Cowboys do not plan to restructure the contracts of more players unless they need to find space to add players in free agency. At the NFL scouting combine, executive vice president Stephen Jones said the Cowboys will be "efficient" spenders in free agency.

The Cowboys have yet to decide the futures of DeMarcus Ware and Miles Austin.

Ware is set to count $16.003 million against the cap but the Cowboys would save $7.4 million by releasing him. It is possible they work out a new deal with Ware, which would also save money against the cap.

Austin is set to count $8.249 million against the cap, but the Cowboys can save $5.5 million by designating him a post-June 1 cut when the new league year starts next week.

The Cowboys attempted to get center Phil Costa to take a pay cut but he has refused. Despite reports, the Cowboys have not yet decided to release Costa, but that move would save them $1.5 million.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So asking this seriously:

Why do you guys hate Tom Brady?

I've asked friends this before but nobody ever gives me a real answer.

Is it because of the 3 championships? Him being successful? Jealousy?

I'm actually really curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom