• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm eating chipotle now

Half and half rice
Fajitas
No beans (because I feel like it)
Doubly chicken
No salsa
Corn
Cheese
Lettuce

And when I feel like it, I add guacamole to that party

Fox318

Really wonder how Jets fans are going to look back on 2013 in a few years. Horrible point differential but somehow won 8 games. No faith in their QB and are missing out on all the best players. Keeping Rex a good thing?
They got a good oc, they kept a good head coach, defense is young and has started to come into its own, and they traded Revis for the best player in the draft last year.

Also they have plenty of cap space. Tanking for picks only works if the players are a sure thing. I don't hear people talking about the rams having high picks doing them any good.Jason Smith for example.

Oh actually it's 55 for 6 years, thought it was 5 for 55. 9 mil a year average isn't too bad, a little high, but about right. I had him down for 8.5.

Doubt he gets a better offer than that, unless some GM gets crazy.

They got a good oc, they kept a good head coach, defense is young and has started to come into its own, and they traded Revis for the best player in the draft last year.

Also they have plenty of cap space. Tanking for picks only works if the players are a sure thing. I don't hear people talking about the rams having high picks doing them any good.Jason Smith for example.

Richardson wasnt even the best DT in the 1st round last year. Star was.

Jason La Canfora
Colin Kaepernick will get $20M deal whether 49ers pay now or later

The same fuckwitington who was sure Jimmy Clausen wouldn't get past the 49ers in the 2010 first round?

NFL QB leaders since Nov. 18, 2012: Regular and postseason (minimum 10 starts)

Colin Kaepernick
29 Starts
770 Pass Attempts
457 Completions
59.4%
6179 Yards
8.02 YPA
38 TD 4.9%
16 INT 2.1%
92.8 Passer Rating

Alex Smith's final 29 starts with the 49ers
807 Pass Attempts
505 Completions
62.6%
5994 Yards
7.43 YPA
39 TD 4.8%
11 INT 1.4%
95.6 Passer Rating

Jason La Canfora

The same fuckwitington who was sure Jimmy Clausen wouldn't get past the 49ers in the 2010 first round?

Colin Kaepernick
29 Starts
770 Pass Attempts
457 Completions
59.4%
6179 Yards
8.02 YPA
38 TD 4.9%
16 INT 2.1%
92.8 Passer Rating

807 Pass Attempts
505 Completions
62.6%
5994 Yards
7.43 YPA
39 TD 4.8%
11 INT 1.4%
95.6 Passer Rating

You seem to have forgotten rushing numbers and playoff record.

squicken

I agree with Viper Visor. I think the SF QB's are all Harbs. I'd never pay Kap $18m

I don't hear people talking about the rams having high picks doing them any good.Jason Smith for example.

Insulting the Bills, Phins and Rams? They suck. Who cares if the Jets are doing better than those teams? I will say, though, you are a good fan. Seeing the sunny side is a good thing.

Oh actually it's 55 for 6 years, thought it was 5 for 55. 9 mil a year average isn't too bad, a little high, but about right. I had him down for 8.5.

Doubt he gets a better offer than that, unless some GM gets crazy.

Pay a little extra to show him some love for remaining loyal to the Franchise. I don't mind that.

I agree with Viper Visor. I think the SF QB's are all Harbs. I'd never pay Kap $18m

Insulting the Bills, Phins and Rams? They suck. Who cares if the Jets are doing better than those teams? I will say, though, you are a good fan. Seeing the sunny side is a good thing.

Hopefully the 9ers feel the same as you and he becomes a FA. I would blow up the Eagles to give Kap his $20m a year. No question at all. Guy has already gotten them further then small hands ever could. The D was better the year Alex got to the NFCCG, but they lost because the Giants knew he couldnt complete anything down the field. Checkdown all game can only work so long.

Konka

Banned
Jason La Canfora

Colin Kaepernick
29 Starts
770 Pass Attempts
457 Completions
59.4%
6179 Yards
8.02 YPA
38 TD 4.9%
16 INT 2.1%
92.8 Passer Rating

807 Pass Attempts
505 Completions
62.6%
5994 Yards
7.43 YPA
39 TD 4.8%
11 INT 1.4%
95.6 Passer Rating

Nick Foles
#9 QB
20 Starts
101 Passer Rating
33 TD
7 INT
4,590 Yards
7 TD game
Probowl MVP

InoudR7.png

folesmanning.jpg

Richardson was much better and didn't have as much talent around him.

Richardson had more tackles and .5 more sacks, but I felt that the Panthers D made a huge jump last year and a big part of the was Star. The Panthers definitely had more talent on D though, but Rex is supposed to be a defensive genius.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-quarterback-prospects-for-no-1-overall-pick/

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater, Center Florida’s Blake Bortles and Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel are all being “seriously considered” for the top pick in the draft.

Squicken, my point proven. Pancakes is an idiot but is considered reputable by pretty much all the national media.

Brett Kollmann over at Battle Red Blog has just been nailing it lately with his articles.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/3...pe-what-houstons-new-head-honcho-expects-from

The Bill O’Brien Prototype: What Houston’s New Head Honcho Expects From His Quarterback

Great write up.

LJ11

Richardson was much better and didn't have as much talent around him.

This is false.

The Jets, for all the shit they get, have one of if not the best DL in the league. Harrison, Wilkerson, Richardson are a formidable group, then you through in Coples who imo was miscast as an OLB/DE. Rex should use Coples inside more, he knows this I'm sure, but with Richardson and Wilkerson it's hard to get reps in between the tackles.

I do agree with you about Richardson. Not going to argue who was better, Star or Rich, but Richardson was excellent as a rookie. Rex needs his own version of Suggs/A.Thomas.

Hopefully the 9ers feel the same as you and he becomes a FA. I would blow up the Eagles to give Kap his $20m a year. No question at all. Guy has already gotten them further then small hands ever could. The D was better the year Alex got to the NFCCG, but they lost because the Giants knew he couldnt complete anything down the field. Checkdown all game can only work so long.

Checkdowns are completions. Those are a problem for Kaepernick.

Kaepernicks season high completions after the 27 in week 1....
21, in two different games.

Week 2 on including the playoffs games....
His average completion total was 14.5 a game.
That's 3.6 per quarter
The last time that was above avg...
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1978/

The run/pass balanced threat is non existent when your QB is not able to consistently complete passes. Despite that monster O-Line RB yards per rush has been avg. In the playoffs it sucked. Teams did not respect the 49ers passing game. There was nowhere for Gore to run.

He can't see shit and with the shitty fundamentals and mechanics is erratic at hitting someone when he does find a target.
Colin Kaepernick had an accuracy rating of 54.6 percent under pressure last season, the worst mark in the NFL.
Kaepernick was also sacked on 20.2 percent of snaps when under duress, the fourth-worst rate among starters.

MechDX

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Texa...dium-after-tailgating-accident-248943581.html

HOUSTON -- A Houston Texans fan said his life was changed after he left a game in 2012 and went to a tailgate party in the Reliant parking lot.

The now 33-year-old Stump said the injury happened as he was boarding the back of a tailgate bus and a child in front of him lost his footing and fell.

“So he reached up to push the boy up onto the top of the platform to save him really and lost his balance and fell to the ground smashing both of his heels,” said Stump’s attorney Gary Riebschlager.

Stump spent months in a wheelchair, going through rehab and learning to walk again. Riebschlager said his client racked up about a half million dollars in medical bills.

So, he’s suing, among others, Reliant stadium for not inspecting party buses before letting them into the parking lot.

The Houston Texans were also named in the suit. The organization just got the lawsuit and have no comment yet, but plenty of Texans fans are weighing in.

SMH

squicken

Great stuff ViperVisor. Teams with good QBs throw the ball. It is the most efficient way to acquire yards. Teams that don't want to throw the ball tell you what they think about their QB

Brett Kollmann over at Battle Red Blog has just been nailing it lately with his articles.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/3...pe-what-houstons-new-head-honcho-expects-from

Great write up.

I read that earlier. It's good stuff. I will say the internet draft community really likes Bridgewater. The "league sources" guys seem down on him. Dunno if that is smoke or if it just another group think miss

Eleuin

Weren't the eagles pushing hard to draft him in the first place? Oh what couldve been..

MechDX

Great stuff ViperVisor. Teams with good QBs throw the ball. It is the most efficient way to acquire yards. Teams that don't want to throw the ball tell you what they think about their QB

I read that earlier. It's good stuff. I will say the internet draft community really likes Bridgewater. The "league sources" guys seem down on him. Dunno if that is smoke or if it just another group think miss

Bridgewater isn't flashy, doesn't have the "charisma" of Manziel, the freakish size of Bortles, or ridiculous combine numbers of Clowney.

He is just a sound and pro ready QB. Funny how last season everyone had him as the top QB "surefire prospect" and now he is just meh.

cdyhybrid

Bridgewater isn't flashy, doesn't have the "charisma" of Manziel, the freakish size of Bortles, or ridiculous combine numbers of Clowney.

He is just a sound and pro ready QB. Funny how last season everyone had him as the top QB "surefire prospect" and now he is just meh.

Always happens. Guys are the surefire #1 prospect and then people talk themselves out of him over the course of the season.

This is false.

The Jets, for all the shit they get, have one of if not the best DL in the league. Harrison, Wilkerson, Richardson are a formidable group, then you through in Coples who imo was miscast as an OLB/DE. Rex should use Coples inside more, he knows this I'm sure, but with Richardson and Wilkerson it's hard to get reps in between the tackles.

I do agree with you about Richardson. Not going to argue who was better, Star or Rich, but Richardson was excellent as a rookie. Rex needs his own version of Suggs/A.Thomas.

I didn't say he didn't have any talent around him, just not as much as Star did with the Panthers. Jets line is very good against the run, but I don't think their pass rush is nearly as dominant. Agree on Coples, though he did have a pretty decent second half of the season.

I think if you were to swap them, Richardson would look even better, while Star would look pretty average.

Checkdowns are completions. Those are a problem for Kaepernick.

Kaepernicks season high completions after the 27 in week 1....
21, in two different games.

Week 2 on including the playoffs games....
His average completion total was 14.5 a game.
That's 3.6 per quarter
The last time that was above avg...
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1978/

The run/pass balanced threat is non existent when your QB is not able to consistently complete passes. Despite that monster O-Line RB yards per rush has been avg. In the playoffs it sucked. Teams did not respect the 49ers passing game. There was nowhere for Gore to run.

He can't see shit and with the shitty fundamentals and mechanics is erratic at hitting someone when he does find a target.

kap needs to work on some things for sure, but he has shown improvement. the reason he takes so many sacks and the reason his completion % is lower is because the motherfucker WILL NOT take the check down. i don't understand it. dude is always looking for a bigger play down the field. alex and kap are polar opposites in that regard.

taken on its own, does kap deserves $18+ mil per year? no. but taken on market value does he? yes, absolutely. say whatever you want bout his inability to consistently progress through his receivers but he makes plays. he almost single handedly beat the seahawks in seattle to go to the superbowl. he didn't do it but he came to play that game. he also beat green bay basically on his own and he was a major factor in why we beat carolina.

i see people say kap doesn't let the ball go and that is true but i don't always blame him. look at wussle. he throws up fucking jump balls and his guys fight for the ball and go after it. our guys do not do this.... at all.

if you ask me would i rather pay kap $18 mil or roll the dice on another qb, i will pay kap $18 mil every time. the cap went up by $10 mil+ so what does it really matter? we will get a favorable deal out of the whole thing.

another thing i'll say is if i said "hey, you are going to draft a QB number 1 overall. here are his stats for his first 30 starts. btw, he took your team to back to back NFC title games and the superbowl" you would say he is worthy of the #1 pick in the draft. people like to tear down kap because he is not an ass kisser in the media like wussle and other guys.

there is also this myth perpetuated by the media and who knows who else that our defense is the '85 bears. they are not. last year our pass rush just disappeared for long stretches. our secondary was extremely inconsistent. we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. i know i know first world problems and i think our defense is a top 5 D for sure but lets all admit to ourselves that if kap had the seahawks defense in the NFC title game he wins that game. we need to improve our secondary and it starts with getting rid of carlos "attack 22" rogers.

taken on its own, does kap deserves $18+ mil per year? no. but taken on market value does he? yes, absolutely .

I'd cross that road when we get there. The guy is not on the market. And if the 49ers choose the exclusive tag, won't be.

49ers have the leverage. If he will take 20mil range guaranteed deal he can get paid this off-season. If he wants the 40mil guaranteed he will have to play great and the leverage will be his.

Spinluck

Looks like the Colts are letting Angerer walk. Time for him to go to another team, and some how never get hurt and flourish in a 4-3 system.

Chipotle sucks.

I saw Mario Chalmers at a Chipotle once, you'd think a rich person would know how to eat. At least the chick he was with was blazing hot.

I'd cross that road when we get there. The guy is not on the market. And if the 49ers choose the exclusive tag, won't be.

49ers have the leverage. If he will take 20mil range guaranteed deal he can get paid this off-season. If he wants the 40mil guaranteed he will have to play great and the leverage will be his.

i dont think he should get the greatest deal of all time and we should use the leverage we have but if jay cutler and tony romo are worth $18+ mil then so is kap

p.s.

kap has double the playoff wins of cutler/romo combined.

DMczaf

Chipotle is awesome.

That is all.

My Bowl:

Brown Rice
Black Beans
Chicken
Fresh Tomato Salsa
Tomatillo-Green Chili Salsa
Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa
Cheese
Romaine Lettuce

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
You should trade team allegiances with Dutch. The Dolphins deserve better fans, and you'd fit in perfectly with the NE crowd.

The Dolphins deserve passionate fans like me, not ones who sidle up to a bunch of trashy Red Sox fans. You might as well drop the pretenses and join your Cheatriots buddies; it's not like they'd actually turn away a bandwagon fan.

Your cuntness needs to be adressed.

You're like a fly I swat at every now and then. Slightly annoying but mainly inconsequential.

The Dolphins deserve passionate fans like me, not ones who sidle up to a bunch of trashy Red Sox fans. You might as well drop the pretenses and join your Cheatriots buddies; it's not like they'd actually turn away a bandwagon fan.

You're like a fly I swat at every now and then. Slightly annoying but mainly inconsequential.

I'm just gonna stop wasting my time on you. No place for a bitter cunt like yourself.

PEACE

bionic77

i dont think he should get the greatest deal of all time and we should use the leverage we have but if jay cutler and tony romo are worth $18+ mil then so is kap

p.s.

kap has double the playoff wins of cutler/romo combined.
Make him play it out and earn it Flacco style.

Everyone should be doing that at this point. Fuck his feelings. And you can always franchise him next year if you can't work out a deal. The NFL is horrible for player contracts. More teams should take advantage.

Geneva Airport is a fucking mess with the Car show being in town and them deciding to rebuild the entire departure hall during the busiest time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom