• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though about this last night and the Raiders are in a very odd position. All that cap room and how much they have to spend. A storied long time franchise with zero recent success, the worst facilities in ALL of pro sports and a coach/GM combo who could be gone next year. They will be forced to overpay a lot, IMO

Idk about that. Players have always been excited to come to Oakland. We've never had a problem attracting quality players.

Tamanon

Banned
Henne's a good resign as a vet. Not someone you'll go to the moon with, and also won't cause any trouble when a young buck starts instead of him.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 7m
That's a two-year deal for Chad Henne in Jacksonville. And so the QB dominoes begin to fall.

Chad-Henne-Sips-Gatorade-With-His-Movember-Stache-GIF.gif

Bitches!

Idk about that. Players have always been excited to come to Oakland. We've never had a problem attracting quality players.

Serious question: Please name a "quality free agent" Raiders signing in the last 5 years. I honestly don't know

squicken

Henne's a good resign as a vet. Not someone you'll go to the moon with, and also won't cause any trouble when a young buck starts instead of him.

I've always thought he was a quality backup. Supposedly a good guy who does all the background stuff a veteran backup needs to do as far as professionalism. Can win a couple of games if he has to spot start for a stretch. I'd rather have him that Matt Hasselbeck's corpse

MechDX

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield · 29m
Calling it now: #Texans will sign Matt Cassel, start him for at least this year, draft Clowney and a QB in 2nd/3rd

Squicken.....people jumping on our train.

I've always thought he was a quality backup. Supposedly a good guy who does all the background stuff a veteran backup needs to do as far as professionalism. Can win a couple of games if he has to spot start for a stretch. I'd rather have him that Matt Hasselbeck's corpse

I'm assuming he learned a lot of that from Pennington, can't hate on Henne seemed like a good dude and I always felt like he didn't get his chance to prove himself after getting injured in week 3 of his last year here, but he clearly wasn't the 'the one'.

squicken

mech, glue factory

I wouldn't be taking Vick so easily over those guys. He's looked like garbage for a while now.

Exactly. We make fun of the names, but once you have to start ranking them you see how bad it is. Teams just don't let QBs get to FA. It's sort of why teams in the top 5 have to think of drafting a QB high, even if it is a reach. You can talk about next year, but there's no guarantee the player you want comes out or your record is bad enough to get him. "Wait 'til next year" is more hoping than planning

e:

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz
Per a source, Monroe wants a long-term deal that averages around $10M annually. The Ravens want him for closer to $8M or $9M per year

mech, glue factory

Exactly. We make fun of the names, but once you have to start ranking them you see how bad it is. Teams just don't let QBs get to FA. It's sort of why teams in the top 5 have to think of drafting a QB high, even if it is a reach. You can talk about next year, but there's no guarantee the player you want comes out or your record is bad enough to get him. "Wait 'til next year" is more hoping than planning

e:
Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz
Per a source, Monroe wants a long-term deal that averages around $10M annually. The Ravens want him for closer to $8M or $9M per year

Get the wallet out Mr Ross!
I think that's too much but w/e

JABEE

The 10 Teams That Should Dominate Free Agency

Garcon and VJAX used the Rams as leverage to get better money with WAS and TB. I imagine every agent will tell other teams the Raiders are after their guy and are willing to overpay

In hindsight, though, given the awful Finnegan and Cook contracts, the Rams would have been better off paying VJAX whatever he wanted

Oh, how the Eagles have longed for a safety since the Brian Dawkins days. They’ve tried by drafting guys like Nate Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett and signing veterans like Chung, but nothing has worked for them, and it’s been Philadelphia’s biggest weakness for years. If they are ever going to invest at safety, Byrd — a top-of-the-line model in the prime of his career at 27 — is the guy who makes the most sense. (The only way he could fit Philly better would be if his name were Wawa Byrd.) This would be the right move for everyone involved.

Please for the love of God. Do the right thing, Howie!

squicken

haha Darnell Docket is Tweeting out that Branden Albert will be a Cardinal. Just a little early for the tampering window to open

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well being in Miami they seem to dress more revealing so maybe that's why their more noticeable, as for your other point I just assume that the NFL cheerleaders have had work done since they also tend to be models/actress etc, but yeah they still look good.

Edit: OMG Chili cheese burrito!

I think it's because college cheerleaders are more fit. They're not dancers like the NFL ones are, they still do stunts and stuff.

I think chris might be right on this one. It's not that college cheerleaders are more fit, it's that college cheerleaders look 10 years younger and healthier because they don't get a bunch of "work done".

Some NFL cheerleaders look 40 in the face when they're all in their 20s...maybe early 30s for the rare exception.

Wawa is delicious. When people were first trying to explain it to me, I was really baffled at how they thought that was a good place to get food.

Yeah when my wife first came to Philly she thought I was nuts when I told her we were going to a 7-11 type place for lunch. I wish there was something like it in Vegas.

MRSA

Banned
As I get older, the only drug I need in my life is the blessing of Tebow to smite all of the insular Pats domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom