• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSA

Banned
spring break bitches

who wants to party

Hello friend,

I just wanted to share with you a dish from the French Laundry:

91c9ead995dec31e9f01c60052534e60.jpg

I agree with you, scallops are the best seafood.

Also will someone tell Gata that Rocky Mountain Oysters are NOT considered seafood?

cdyhybrid

I do love piloting giant mechs in my CoD games, I especially loved the mechs in MW2.And all the wall running, man CoD games have had some awesome elements.

YH please. It's going to sell a lot for your precious MS, you don't have to campaign for it. Save that for actual bad games like the next Halo.

Bread

Banned
God I miss spring break during college. Visits to beaches and Vegas, the memories all hazy with booze and parties

P.S. I saw Review last night, twas awesome. the whole Prom bit was insane lol
I am friends with many poors so I never really did a group vacation any where, I'm going to try and rally the troops for a Montreal trip sometime in the next week though.

And yes the prom part was great, I hope all of the episodes build up like that one did.

Hello friend,

I just wanted to share with you a dish from the French Laundry:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/91/c9/ea/91c9ead995dec31e9f01c60052534e60.jpg[img]

I agree with you, scallops are the best seafood.

Also will someone tell Gata that Rocky Mountain Oysters are NOT considered seafood?[/QUOTE]One day, me and you will go to the French Laundry. Your treat.

squicken

The way Dockett so poorly backed off that tweet means it is a slam dunk that Albert will go to AZ, though they may have to stretch it out a bit now to make it look like it wasn't done awhile back

MechDX

BiJtfz-CQAAoZ53.png:large

BiJuIxWCcAAUHtD.png:large

BiJurp_CQAAWEcz.png:large

I don't get this off season love for Earl Mitchell. he wasn't even average this season. Is also VERY undersized for a true NT

With that said....he is a Texans FA so he will be all pro next season.

On one hand, Dockett has been working out with Albert so maybe Albert has said something to him but on the other, Dockett runs his mouth all the time and I take anything he says about signings with a grain of salt. I think there's a strong possibility we address LT in FA but I'm skeptic about throwing the money Albert is rumored to want for it. I think if he asks for as much as we all think that we'd rather just take a high upside guy like Collins for much cheaper. We'll see.

JABEE

If the Eagles sign a middle tier safety instead of Byrd, I'm going to be pissed. The Eagles have a chance to upgrade their defense significantly and they're going to be wasting it on middle-tier safeties making a little bit less than Byrd.

Mosher and Ruben "Kurt Coleman is having a good season" Frank keep saying that they should dumpster dive for their safeties like the Phillies have been doing with their lineup for the past 4 seasons.

MechDX

Ben Tate ✔ @BenTateRB

I'm tired of ppl acting like RBs aren't really that important anymore. U need a big time back when it matters in the playoffs u have to be

BenTateRB
@BenTateRB

Able to run the ball look at the teams that won the games and how they won...they ran the ball and look at the Super Bowl champions they have

Ben Tate ‏@BenTateRB · 49s
A great running back and run game it's a must ppl forget the way to win never changes good D and a good Running O

Reality slapped Ben in the face suddenly. Running backs just don't get paid big money anymore.

If the Eagles sign a middle tier safety instead of Byrd, I'm going to be pissed. The Eagles have a chance to upgrade their defense significantly and they're going to be wasting it on middle-tier safeties making a little bit less than Byrd.

Mosher and Ruben "Kurt Coleman is having a good season" Frank keep saying that they should dumpster dive for their safeties like the Phillies have been doing with their lineup for the past 4 seasons.

I love football but I despise the mentality around it. The idea that only some positions are worth spending money on is just flatout stupid. Safeties make up 2/11 of your defense, and yet people want to treat the position like you can just throw anyone out there. They have been throwing crap out there for years and it has failed every single time. Chip comes off like he is the smartest guy in the room, hopefully he will prove it by pushing for them to get a good safety, and not a cheap safety.

JABEE

I love football but I despise the mentality around it. The idea that only some positions are worth spending money on is just flatout stupid. Safeties make up 2/11 of your defense, and yet people want to treat the position like you can just throw anyone out there. They have been throwing crap out there for years and it has failed every single time. Chip comes off like he is the smartest guy in the room, hopefully he will prove it by pushing for them to get a good safety, and not a cheap safety.

I understand putting different value in different positions, but the shit they've fielded over the past 3 seasons or so had to be a mistake. There is no way that was intentional.

I understand putting different value in different positions, but the shit they've fielded over the past 3 seasons or so had to be a mistake. There is no way that was intentional.

Reid never valued safety to the point that he didnt think you should draft one in the 1st round. After Dawk left they kept trying to plug in lower round guys and it never worked. So when Chip took over they were stuck with Coleman, and Allen, both of whom suck dick. I feel bad for Nate he looked good before blowing up his knee but now he is to tentative. I really think this is a huge test for Chip and Howie, are they going to follow the closed minded old way of thinking, or can they think for themselves and go out and improve the team.

squicken

Safeties are seen as a function of a good pass rush. You can hide bad safeties with a good rush, but good safeties can't make up for no pass rush. Not saying I totally agree with it, but the league just doesn't consider it a priority position

Safeties are seen as a function of a good pass rush. You can hide bad safeties with a good rush, but good safeties can't make up for no pass rush. Not saying I totally agree with it, but the league just doesn't consider it a priority position

I just dont get it. Billy Davis the Eagles DC said that he wanted the Eagles DBs to play up at the line and jam people but he said they couldnt do that because they were so worried about getting beat deep, so instead they played their CBs back and gave up the underneath stuff. If they had safeties that could get over and help if the CB got beat then they could have played the defense they wanted to. 2 good safeties would totally change they way they play defense. also the idea that the pass rush covers all sins in the secondary is just not true, the dream team year the Eagles got a ton of sacks, and yet their pass D was terrible. No matter how good the pass rush is it cant get there every down, if you cant cover you are going to get torched in the NFL now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom