• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

I expect not to see the kind of plays Chung and Allen were making this season. I want a steady player who can make some plays when called on. Someone that limits big plays down the field. I know he isn't Dawkins, but I expect him to be able to cover.

That's exactly what he'll do.

squicken

Florio: 49ers should wait to pay Kaeprnick

Ninth, all stats aside (and there are plenty of stats to support any given media agenda or bias), Kaepernick is zero-for-two when it comes to delivering in the ultimate clutch. Two seasons ago, he failed to get the ball to Michael Crabtree from the doorstep of the goal line with the Super Bowl in the balance. In January, Kaepernick underthrew slightly a pass to Crabtree when Crabtree was covered in the end zone by Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, in a situation where the ball should have been placed in a spot where Crabtree or no one should have been able to touch it.

Tenth, it’s unclear whether Kaepernick will be a true leader. In San Francisco, Harbaugh seems to be the off-and-sometimes-on-field field general. If Harbaugh weren’t such a fiery and animated presence, would Kaepernick fill that void? Would he know what to say and when to say it, when the team needs to have the right thing said at the right time?

e: Guess buzz on Watkins is that he is completely devoid of usual WR divaness. People love him off the field. Evans otoh has some the diva stuff. He'll get mopey when he isn't getting the ball and is a little immature. He's only 21 but he'll have a bit more of an adjustment to the NFL culture than Watkins. Watkins will go top 5. Someone will love him enough to move up if Oakland wants to trade

-a9d155c3bf389a0a.JPG

It doesn't resolve the fact that we have almost nothing in the backfield. With the uncertainty surrounding Wilson, he doesn't resolve all of our issues but the threat out of the backfield receiving and using him as part of rotation with a bigger mauler is enticing. Would love to see him in blue!

Striker

It doesn't resolve the fact that we have almost nothing in the backfield. With the uncertainty surrounding Wilson, he doesn't resolve all of our issues but the threat out of the backfield receiving and using him as part of rotation with a bigger mauler is enticing. Would love to see him in blue!
Giants haven't had good screen guys since Barber and Ward. :(

I would love for them to sign somebody like Rashad Jennings as the primary back then another FA for depth and specials. I reckon Sproles will get a lot of attention.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 10m
Red Bryant, Darren Sproles, Emmanuel Sanders, Kony Ealy, Jace Amaro.. Super Bowl #Patriots

Man, getting those guys would be just what we need.

Every single time a player gets released from a team my cousin (the pats fan) texts me telling me that the pats should sign him :/ he thinks FA is run like in Madden or something...

squicken

1. There are always a few surprising players who are allowed to test free agency by their clubs when they are still young, seem to be ascending, and when you’d figure an amicable contract could be worked out. That should serve as a red flag to the other teams. There’s something amiss if the team that knows them best isn’t comfortable committing long-term to the player. The two players in that category this offseason? Packers cornerback Sam Shields and Raiders end Lamarr Houston. Both played very well last season and have good film. Both teams have plenty of cap space to keep those players. Something’s up. Not sure about Houston, but I know the Packers have long had concerns about how Shields would react to big money. He didn’t exactly hit the ground running after he stopped celebrating the team’s Super Bowl title in 2010.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/07/atlanta-falcons-free-agency/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom