• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

You can agree to terms, but nothing will be signed until free agency officially opens. This also gives Franchises a chance to match offers, or players to see if their market value is higher or lower than what their team is offering them for renewal.

I think technically even verbal agreements are forbidden, though obviously that is unenforceable. When the lockout ended, there was a window like this where everyone agreed to deals and the media announced it, and then the deals were officially signed the first day of the new year.

The NFLN has like all next week set up with big blocks of time devoted to FA rumors and announcements, so more than anything I think they just want to preserve their television schedule

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
The NFL sent a memo to GM, head coaches and personnel directors this week on the tampering period.

The memo says club can "express its position as to signing bonus, length of contract, amounts of signing bonus and yearly compensation" ...

.. But clubs "cannot make an offer" or "enter into a written or oral agreement of any kind".

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What are you doing wes?

You are supposed to be corrupted by power and make demands that don't make sense.

You should demand that Angmars send you a personal copy and put you in the dedication section.

When does Wes start taking donations for his "sick mom" so he can take a vacation to the US to watch the Browns play?

Edit: so you're allowed to "make offers" but you can't make a formal offer? Wat?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think technically even verbal agreements are forbidden, though obviously that is unenforceable. When the lockout ended, there was a window like this where everyone agreed to deals and the media announced it, and then the deals were officially signed the first day of the new year.

The NFLN has like all next week set up with big blocks of time devoted to FA rumors and announcements, so more than anything I think they just want to preserve their television schedule

This is the stupidest thing I have read this morning.

So my understanding is agents can talk on behalf of unrestricted free agents today, but nothing can be set in stone until the window fully opens Tuesday?

It's really just a formality at this point, teams and agents are always talking, maybe not directly but players and clubs are well aware of who wants who and for how much.

MechDX

You guys see Brady running at the beach??

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/is-that-sand-or-quicksand-tom-brady-is-running-in-030814

It's like Babewatch
Because he's running in slow mo, not because he's hot :/

Like a modern day Rocky
rocky-apollo-300x163.jpg

Inspiring.

Syrinx

Do the Saints still have Chris Ivory, or are they stuck with just Ingram? Would be pretty funny if he was the only guy they had.

Farooq

Banned
Ware will be a good Patriot, BB will treat him right.

Ware will have to listen to old stories of LT, which he probably already heard from Parcells and request a trade back to Dallas. Which of course Jerry will oblige and get fleeced out of a couple of draft picks. Balance will be restored in the NFL.

Ware will have to listen to old stories of LT, which he probably already heard from Parcells and request a trade back to Dallas. Which of course Jerry will oblige and get fleeced out of a couple of draft picks. Balance will be restored in the NFL.
And then the cheat will trade those picks for 7th round picks, and draft white guys from Rutgers with them.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 1h

He visited CAR two years ago before signing with Ravens. RT @frankgarcia65 @josephperson @RavensInsider I like jacoby Jones for panthers

NvJd1Jh.gif

Ted Ginn is expected to hit the market, btw. Along with Mike Mitchell and Captain "All Heart, No Height" Munnerlyn

As far as our running game, Khiry Robinson and Ingram 4.1 and 4.9 ypc last year in their limited roles, while PT's rushing numbers have been declining over last 3 seasons. Both he and Sproles caught over 70 passes each last year. I'm not too worried about the running game, but I'm not sure Ingram can fill that role in the passing game. I have faith in Khiry, he's kind of explosive. Ingram is inconsistent but had a decent year for the role he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom