• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

lots of tweets on my TL that there's an active market for Saffold. Didn't expect him to stay but oh well. Need 5 new linemen in the draft anyway

Bread

Banned
It better reflects what he feels on the inside, on a friday night, after a couple bottles of arbor mist.

Coldnoodle happens when you meet a girl that looks like a prepubescent boy
little_kid_approve_gif.gif

squicken

I don't share Coldnoodle's preference for androgynous females with lots of tattoos and piercings, but he isn't a Patriots fan, and that's good enough for me

lots of tweets on my TL that there's an active market for Saffold. Didn't expect him to stay but oh well. Need 5 new linemen in the draft anyway

The Cards supposedly have strong interest. I don't even remember hearing of him before this off season, what's your evaluation of him? Would it be foolish of us to think he's a legit starting LT? I'm sure he's better than what we have now but that's not what I'm asking.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like I'm coming out of retirement to play a few basketball games in an alumni tournament for my old high school.

Greg tell me everything you know about dunking.

Bread

Banned
Looks like I'm coming out of retirement to play a few basketball games in an alumni tournament for my old high school.

go to your local dave and busters to practice free throws, that's the most important part of the game.

Greg

The 5 Steps of Dunking:

1. believe you can fly
  2. believe you can touch the sky
  3. think about it every night
  4. think about it every day
  5. spread your wings and dunk away

I should have known they would back down on the Cboat ban. Lol at 72 hours meaning anything at all. Oh well at least this has drawn attention to his run of false news.

squicken

The Cards supposedly have strong interest. I don't even remember hearing of him before this off season, what's your evaluation of him? Would it be foolish of us to think he's a legit starting LT? I'm sure he's better than what we have now but that's not what I'm asking.

He wouldn't be on the market if he could stay healthy. He's missed multiple games every season except his rookie year. He's a solid LT but a very good guard. Miami has the right idea in pursuing him to play that position. But if teams are also after him to play LT, then that is where he will go b/c the money is better

Again, he's a solid LT. I'd say he's better than Jake Long, but he's actually more injury prone than Long as well

MechDX

Back from exploring India. Saw two NFL logos there. A Lions t-shirt as a doormat in a fort. A #Texans jacket on a Delhi motorcyclist.

--Tangia Gqnguli Twitter

Jnc wow @ Lions jersey

So Hakeem is now open to a 1 year "prove it" deal and is open to returning to the Giants. Guess the market isn't look too hot after he mailed it in in a contract year.

But now that he’s readying to hit the market, he’s aiming for far lower contract goals. According to an ESPN report, Nicks is willing to consider a one-year deal. Such a deal would allow the one-time star, who didn’t have a red zone catch in 2013, to prove he still has game-breaking ability.
The report added that Nicks remains open to returning to the Giants.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...s-1-year-deal-article-1.1715281#ixzz2vPy0Nkf0

squicken

So Hakeem is now open to a 1 year "prove it" deal and is open to returning to the Giants. Guess the market isn't look too hot after he mailed it in in a contract year.

Rams fans are interested, and all I can say is to watch that Seahawks game he mailed in and see if they want any of that. Maybe he will try hard on a year deal, but then he didn't on his walk year, so it's still a leap of faith. If he's smart, he signs with Denver to replace Decker

Colasante

Sam Shields is apparently getting 4 years, $39 million from the Packers. That seems like a lot, but I guess I just haven't yet adjusted to the effect the new cap spike will have on contracts.

squicken

Sam Shields is apparently getting 4 years, $39 million from the Packers. That seems like a lot, but I guess I just haven't yet adjusted to the effect the new cap spike will have on contracts.

It's funny b/c Bedard had a note in his Friday column that the Packers were worried how Shields would handle getting lots of money. Guess not too worried, though we need to see structure and guarantees first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom