• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

Very unlike Robot Ted

I wonder if he anticipated the cornerback market going even higher once bidding begun and wanted to strike a deal before Shields priced himself out of their range. It's probably a good deal for the Packers and they have the money to spend, but I am surprised since they do seem to have developed a nice little cornerback pipeline recently and didn't think they'd spend a lot on retaining one.

I don't think we'll end up being able to afford both Thomas and Sherm

Oh well!!

TV money kicks in next season. I think having Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Okung, and Harvin all on big money deals will be tough, but doable if the cap rises as high as some are predicting.

squicken

I wonder if he anticipated the cornerback market going even higher once bidding begun and wanted to strike a deal before Shields priced himself out of their range. .

I'm very bitter. The Rams paid Finnegan $24m for 2 years and he gave up a 74 completion percentage and a 100 passer rating against. Word from some Rams was he just took a pay check and was talking about his life after football as soon as he got paid

You just never know what is in a man's heart. Axiom of player evaluation for football more than any other sport

squicken

We're gonna get Tramon'd because of this deal aren't we? I can't wait to see three mediocre seasons for all that money.

It's like Verner: Verner doesn't like tackling when he is making 4th round pick money. What will he not want to do when he makes $25m guaranteed?

e:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Rams were among the teams that inquired today on #Bills S Jairus Byrd, per source. That was a bit unexpected and interesting.

hmm

Colasante

Well, bye Talib.

Pretty much. His injury history and off-field issues will probably keep him below Shields, but I still think it'll be out of Bill's accepted price range. My only hope now is that Darqueze Dennard slides in the draft so we can have the all Dennard defensive backfield.

What appeal would the Rams have to Byrd, besides a willingness to pay more than any other team? At least with Cleveland he'd have a reunion with Pettine. I don't see Byrd to St. Louis happening.

squicken

What appeal would the Rams have to Byrd, besides a willingness to pay more than any other team? At least with Cleveland he'd have a reunion with Pettine. I don't see Byrd to St. Louis happening.

Did you miss my post where the Rams paid Cortland Fucking Finnegan $12m/yr for 2 years. They have and will go way above market to be a shitty team

Villain of the Week: Curious Kaepernick Columnists
Colin Kaepernick must have been a real butthead to middle-aged white sports columnists in a past life. We've been down this road before. We were sent down it again this week by Lowell Cohen of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat.

I'll spare you too much of Lowell's nonsense, but just know this is how it starts:

"Colin Kaepernick is not an attractive personality. Usually he doesn't say jack. And that's not attractive. When he says jack -- and more -- he's even less attractive."

Cool story, bro. The column caught the attention of Kaepernick's mom, who buried Cohen on Twitter. Can you blame her?

good ol cohn talkin shit on anyone who doesn't suck his dick

Eleuin

He saw what the cap looks like for the next couple of years and said eff it.

Pack have basically no big contracts except for Clay and A-a-ron
clay never plays a full season anyways so shields is a better deal already

at least he waits till the playoffs to get injured!

Sanjuro

yxEvMP3.jpg

The Bledsoe to Fitzgerald Era.

Wes

venison crêpe
Haden is going to be an even richer man when he gets his new contract judging by these cb deals going through now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom