• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Sundays can be so boring without football, can't wait for FA.

Us poors without HBO watch Walking Dead on Sunday nights .....gotta get on that true dectective train though..

gutshot

I think a lot of his coverage deficiencies were masked by that front 7 in Carolina. He's aggressive and likes to hit though, good against the run. Raiders used him like an extra LB in the box most of the time.

Hmm.. doesn't sound like too much of an upgrade over Chung. Well hopefully he would actually hit the opposing team and not his own teammates!

He did have 4 picks this year, but like you say, that could be a product of Carolina's consistent pressure.

Talamius

Hmm.. doesn't sound like too much of an upgrade over Chung. Well hopefully he would actually hit the opposing team and not his own teammates!

He did have 4 picks this year, but like you say, that could be a product of Carolina's consistent pressure.

Lousy in pass coverage, decent against the run. Like McKenzie said, a lot of our coverage problems were masked by the front 7.

Colasante

Chatter last night was Houston was offering a 3rd but Pats wanted pick #33. Hell no to that

I can't see the Patriots playing serious hardball over Mallett to that degree. An early third round pick would be a good return for him. It's also not so cost prohibitive that it would prevent the Texans from drafting a QB next year if Mallett didn't work out.

Colasante

Minnesota Vikinings resigned DE Everson Griffen to a five year deal. Presumably, that might keep them out of the Michael Johnson race, but they do have the cap space for both of them.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49s

Vikings re-signed DE Everson Griffin, as @rapsheet reported. Told it's a 5-year, $42.5 million deal that includes $20 mil gtd, per source.

Good deal. Pretty sure Houston wants more.

I hope so but Al Davis death didn't make the Raiders better.

itRtKmRmhuQrn.gif

Good deal. Pretty sure Houston wants more.

We'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure we can pick up a good replacement in FA either way.

Wonder what the D McFadden market will be like
Dawg Pound Nation ‏ @ DawgPoundNews 9m
Hearing that the # Browns and Joe Haden are negotiating on a deal in the 5 year, $60 million range, heard as much as half may be guaranteed.
Haden

I hope so but Al Davis death didn't make the Raiders better.

first off RIP

However it's worth noting Sr. was quite a fan of Millen, who he considered a son; he's the reason Millen stayed as GM for so long. Ford Jr. wanted him gone a couple years earlier, and Ford Jr. also pulled the plug on Schwartz. So I have far more confidence in the son, and the future of the team.

Tom Penny

I can't see the Patriots playing serious hardball over Mallett to that degree. An early third round pick would be a good return for him. It's also not so cost prohibitive that it would prevent the Texans from drafting a QB next year if Mallett didn't work out.

A couple of weeks ago I said I think they get the Houston 3rd which is an early one and draft Mccarron.

Bread

Banned
When you have the chance to draft a guy in the 3rd round, hold on to him for a few years, then trade him for another 3rd round quarterback, you gotta take it and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom