• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
iTGMX1jjUeVyj.gif

hey all that extra cap space worked for you last year! all aboard the bucs superbowl express!

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 3h

#Redskins, #Eagles showing most interest in #Panthers free agent safety Mike Mitchell, per league source.

What's up yh, JABEE, konka, etc.?

lol were you the one that tweeted that to Chris Hansen?

Also, I think Lamarr might get overpaid, it seems to happen every year. An Oakland Player lands a huge Contract and doesn't live up to the hype...

Everyone is getting overpaid, we might as well do it too. I'm on the boat to keep him, we have zero starting DL signed right now.

After Shields' deal Packers have $29 million in cap space.

They'll probably have about $10 million left after Nelson, Cobb, and Raji.

Not as much as it seems.

ShaneB

The only clock I've really looked today is the one on my laptop. It was already set for DST before, so it was an extra hour ahead. So I put it to the right time, and it's like I fooled myself into gaining that hour back, because it's an hour earlier than I thought! Woo

Tenumi

Banned
Lions team owner William Clay Ford Sr. has died.

Wow... RIP.

It's sad that he didn't get to see the team he owned make a Super Bowl. Things are looking up as far as his son's decision making abilities, but it'd have been nice to get the guy a ring.

squicken

McCarron sucks. More likely to go undrafted than a 3rd round pick. Griffin getting paid is going to send the demands of Bennett and Johnson through the roof

rando14

OH SHEEEEEIT the true detitive finale is tonight!!!!!

I must wear her avatar in respect to our true america treasure, alexandra daddario

I hope that all the nude chicks come together for a final collective topless scene, that'd be pretty chill

Wes

venison crêpe
Cromartie cut by Jets?

@CRO31
I would like 2 thank the Jets organization so much with helpin me grow as leader and a player. S/O 2 my teammates I wish u guys the best.

Cromartie cut by Jets?

@CRO31
I would like 2 thank the Jets organization so much with helpin me grow as leader and a player. S/O 2 my teammates I wish u guys the best.
Gotta wonder if we're interested. From what I've seen Browns Are intent on trying to sign another Cb. Seen quite a few names mentioned that I would welcome. Cro does have the Pettine connection
Edit: some Corners I've seen that most have discussed
Talib, Vontae Davis, Revis, kid from Titans
Edit2: maybe nvm on Cro?

Wes

venison crêpe
Gotta wonder if we're interested. From what I've seen Browns Are intent on trying to sign another Cb. Seen quite a few names mentioned that I would welcome. Cro does have the Pettine connection
Edit: some Corners I've seen that most have discussed
Talib, Vontae Davis, Revis, kid from Oakland

Yeah the market seems to be in our favour in being able to pick up a good starting CB2 in FA.

squicken

Cleveland Browns haven't yet reached out about Bills FS Jairus Byrd

Teams were permitted to start negotiating with the agents of unrestricted free agents Saturday at noon, but as of Sunday at 12:45 p.m., the Browns had not yet reached out to Byrd.

It's been widely assumed that the Browns would be hot after the three-time Pro Bowler, because he played for coach Mike Pettine last year in Buffalo.

It doesn't mean the Browns won't join the Byrd sweepstakes -- just that they haven't yet. The Rams are one team that has inquired about Byrd, according to nfl.com.

Guess he's going to the Rams, then

They will resign him.
Antonio Cromartie had a $5M bonus coming and he was to have a nearly $15M cap charge. There was an attempted solution, didn’t work. FA to be

Saw that Squicken, and the source of that was Mary Kay. Sorry but other insiders say we have been in contact. And I tend to believe them. I'm a subscriber on the OBR a lot of cool insider info.

squicken

I've worked out all the angles here, BG. but you should be happy!

----

John McClain on which ex-Patriots QB the Texans might pursue, and the one they won't

Last week, there were reports the Texans were interested in or close to signing Matt Cassel. Texans weren’t interested in Cassel, and he re-signed with Minnesota.

This week, there are multiple reports that O’Brien is interested in trading for Patriots’ backup Ryan Mallett. O’Brien coached Mallett during his rookie season.

Don’t expect the Texans to trade for Mallett, either.

If the Texans are going to try to acquire a veteran quarterback, Cleveland’s Brian Hoyer might be a more likely candidate.

HoHoyer to the Texans for 33, Browns take Watkins 4, JFF 26, Clinton-Dix/Pryor 33

From what I've read, apparently Texans did inquire about Hoyer. But Farmer and gang aren't willing to deal at this point.
Edit: If we could somehow get Watkins and JFF I would cry in joy, I wouldn't stop crying for days.

MechDX

From what I've read, apparently Texans did inquire about Hoyer. But Farmer and gang aren't willing to deal at this point.
Edit: If we could somehow get Watkins and JFF I would cry in joy, I wouldn't stop crying for days.

And that will never happen.

Why?

Cause Cleveland.

Syrinx

What's with Revis Bucs fans? I've seen that browns would be interested.

Bucs are listening to offers for him. Would clear a lot of cap room and would only have to give up a 4th to the Jets instead of a 3rd, as long as it's done before March 13.

A Revis/Haden combo at corner would be pretty stellar.

Doorman

RIP William Clay Ford. I never even considered him passing away like this as a possibility.

Now if we're to follow the Pistons model, Bill Jr. will tell Mayhew to not make any moves for a year until we find a new owner who doesn't really know how to build a successful franchise.

Sanjuro

They barely save anything by cutting him. Not going to happen.

True, but it's the Patriots. If it has anything to do with his work ethic, he'll be cut.

Yes. Cutting him and signing Edelman to a big contract after one good year would be a mistake.

Signing Edelman is no different than signing Welker. They'll probably give him a decent offer. It's up to another team if they'll go nuts for him.

OH SHEEEEEIT the true detitive finale is tonight!!!!!

I must wear her avatar in respect to our true america treasure, alexandra daddario

I hope that all the nude chicks come together for a final collective topless scene, that'd be pretty chill

those titties just take me away to another planet.

in HER honor, i tried out some new daddario strings for my electric AND acoustic guitar (usually go ernie ball) and i love them! god bless you alexandra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom