• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's gotta be the only good thing about living in Minnesota...

You may never come to realize it but Minnesota is like the jewel of the fuckin midwest.

Weather can suck a dick but everything else is pretty rad in the twin cities. Well educated population, the people are fit, there is an appreciation for the arts, and were all a hell of a lot nicer than the fuckers like you that shit on it.

=^)

Konka

Banned
You may never come to realize it but Minnesota is like the jewel of the fuckin midwest.

Weather can suck a dick but everything else is pretty rad in the twin cities. Well educated population, the people are fit, there is an appreciation for the arts, and were all a hell of a lot nicer than the fuckers like you that shit on it.

=^)

It's like Canada-lite.

JABEE

Sanjuro trying to give Gata a chance to explain himself. You have more patience than I.

Actually I like Gata. I'm just bored.

Sanjuro

sieera nevada, dogfish head. just any non bud/miller/etc.

Both of those brands make a few different brews which aren't too bad. Problem is again, when buying for a gathering, I can't get a ton of those, nor can pound them if I want to all out.

That's why I like stores which allow you to make custom 12-packs. I can mix it up. Ton of bars around here have 100+ brews on draft, so I'm always jumping around to try new things.

Sanjuro

Also forgot, you're also looking at cost. I don't always feel like spending a ton of money. Narragansett is my go to beer around here for that.

The beer was in Jaws....it was in fucking Jaws. My local pub has it on draft for $1 a pint and a television dedicated to playing Jaws at all times.

JAWSQuint.gif

Sanjuro

I remember drinking a shitload of yuengling back in college. decent enough balance between price and taste I think!!

It's too mainstream now!

This year it's gotten a heavy push the last month. For the first time, I've seen it widely available on draft and in stores. Kind of impressive. First time available in MA now. Before, used to have to cross over to CT to get it.

Sanjuro

I wouldnt turn down a cheaper beer if someone offered me one. I dont understand why the guy did that.

Because he was a bitch. My job was to be in a car with him for hours throughout the day....with no banter thanks to his idiocy.

Guy had serious issues. I had no problems drinking the beer though. This was at Shea Stadium as well, what the fuck did he expect? A brewpub?

Grainbelt is pretty awesome in the Cheap beer category.

I dunno if its available outside of the states around Minnesota though. Its hard enough to find it when you cross into Wisconsin.

Sanjuro

Grainbelt is pretty awesome in the Cheap beer category.

I dunno if its available outside of the states around Minnesota though. Its hard enough to find it when you cross into Wisconsin.

I think you fuckers have this thing called "Zombie Dust" I've been reading about? Anyone try that?

I've been desperately wanting it, but it's only landed once around here and went pretty quickly.

Greg

Ok NFL gaf be easy. im leaving for a bit to focus on my life.

Keep giving gata hell and keep up with the :jnc.

Maybe back by draft wish me luck.

-Naka
best of luck man!

$25 for 2 drinks welcome to downtown.

I drank obscure rum and absinthe after that fuck you and also this blonde next to me.

#HipsterLife
in Ohio, 25 dollars gets me and a date drunk

or me drunk and wings

squicken

Squicken, remember those twitter comments I posted from Jayson Braddock a while back about Clowney? The guy also said back in 2011 Harbaugh would want Kaepernick:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/2011-nfl-draft-prospect-colin-kaepernick-nevada-wolf-pack

I've seen other people say similar things. I'm actually okay with Clowney's motor. Almost all DL take plays off. Guys like Watt and Freeney are the exception. He's more talented than Mario was. But another Mario trait that scares me is that Clowney has talked about having bone spurs in his feet the past two years, yet hasn't had surgery.

So why is that? Is he afraid of surgery? Is he a guy who needs to be 100% healthy to play well? Football is a tough game and he has to be able to play through pain. Mario had issues with that. Clowney took himself out of a game at USC. He said during the year he would need offseason surgery, offered it as an excuse for his play and conditioning, yet he has not had surgery.

This is the kind of stuff we don't get to know b/c we don't get to see real interviews with these guys. Tape is just part of the story. I thought Mike Evans was a lock to be a top 10 pick, but after chatting with a guy who knows things, he was saying Evans is immature. Not lazy or a bad guy, but he gives teams pause b/c they will worry about how he will adjust to free time, money, women, hard coaching, all that stuff

He wouldn't be on the market if he could stay healthy. He's missed multiple games every season except his rookie year. He's a solid LT but a very good guard. Miami has the right idea in pursuing him to play that position. But if teams are also after him to play LT, then that is where he will go b/c the money is better

Again, he's a solid LT. I'd say he's better than Jake Long, but he's actually more injury prone than Long as well

Thank you for the impressions, glad to hear he has legit talent. I figured he must if the Rams are actually trying to keep him but then again, Graves and Whiz's dumb asses resigned Levi Brown so you never know. It really feels like we're going to address LT in FA one way or another.

Ellington gonna get paid now.

Just found out about Mendy
Elly isn't getting paid shit for a while. This will only be his second season.

MRSA

Banned
You guys a buncha booze snobs

Today when I wake up, I will conduct a MD 20/20 taste study. Results will be posted in the form of audio clips.

Cards are getting a steal then... Then by contract year dump him..lol

He'll be the starter now and be far more involved, hopefully he's up to the challenge. He already put on 10 pounds of muscle earlier this off season to absorb hits better, not sure if he's added on more since then. We're all optimistic about he's ability though!

gutshot

Byrd Watch 2014 Update:

@GeoffMosherCSN said:
Good morning. I checked in on Eagles' interest in Jairus Byrd. I'm told they haven't shown much "yet." Better than none? Still early.

Ok, that's something, I guess.

@GeoffMosherCSN said:
On the flip side, I can confirm @josephperson tweet from yesterday that #Eagles have shown interest in Mike Mitchell.

Sounds like the Eagles may be looking more seriously at mid-tier safety options. What's the word on Mitchell, Panther-GAF? He any good?

Dosent look like Ward will be returning, lions are interested though.
Browns in contact with Byrd , looks like were seriously looking at another corner in FA too.

Farooq

Banned
I didn't even see Uncle Rog there. He blended in well.

But TRomo was very into the game. I don't know if its because he's a huge fan or because they gave him SWAG so he decided he better cheer for them.

Turns out Romo was a Duke fan since he was a kid. And Garrett and Coach K are friends, Garrett is trying to learn everything he can about coaching from K. It has not really materialized yet, it will some day though...I hope.

Byrd Watch 2014 Update:

Ok, that's something, I guess.

Sounds like the Eagles may be looking more seriously at mid-tier safety options. What's the word on Mitchell, Panther-GAF? He any good?

I think a lot of his coverage deficiencies were masked by that front 7 in Carolina. He's aggressive and likes to hit though, good against the run. Raiders used him like an extra LB in the box most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom