• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...as bad as Nicks was last year, it's not like Eli was lighting it up himself either. You can't blame bad receiver play for all of those INTs he threw.

You would think that last year was more an aberration than characteristic of a trend, but at the same time Eli's 33. He's not a young whippersnapper anymore.

I'm confused about why Albert would be their main left tackle target. I can't say I'm a great judge of offensive line play, but I'd personally rather have Monroe or Veldheer. Do they not think they could land one of them?

I would have preferred Veldheer and Monore too but apparently Albert was top priority, I think philbin really wanted him last year.

Spinluck

BiJtfz-CQAAoZ53.png:large

BiJuIxWCcAAUHtD.png:large

BiJurp_CQAAWEcz.png:large

I don't get this off season love for Earl Mitchell. he wasn't even average this season. Is also VERY undersized for a true NT

With that said....he is a Texans FA so he will be all pro next season.

Lol @ Bethea being tier one, just because Polian drafted him.

EDIT:

I see it's based off their contact?

rando14

those titties just take me away to another planet.

in HER honor, i tried out some new daddario strings for my electric AND acoustic guitar (usually go ernie ball) and i love them! god bless you alexandra!

Hell yeah brother!!

Nicks throwing shade on Eli

lol so basically he wants a huge luscious contract with a super bowl contender and an elite passing qb despite shitting all over the field last year

I mean...as bad as Nicks was last year, it's not like Eli was lighting it up himself either. You can't blame bad receiver play for all of those INTs he threw.

You would think that last year was more an aberration than characteristic of a trend, but at the same time Eli's 33. He's not a young whippersnapper anymore.

....and that exonerates Nicks from being a half-assed pussy last year how? Eli was shit, but then so was just about every aspect of the offense from top to bottom outside of Pugh and Cruz.

He knows his value is shit after he dogged it in a contract year and the Giants want nothing to do with him. How many receivers that the Giants have let go over the years have amounted to anything once they left? .....right.

Colasante

Wasn't this the same dude dropping wide open passes? Lol.

We have enough of that going on already!
Wonder if Nicks would be cheaper than Decker.

I've seen predictions on Nicks' contract being around $4-5 million, most likely on a one year, prove it deal, and Decker getting about double that on a multi-year contract. However the numbers come out, Nicks will be much cheaper.

Did Antonio Cromartie leave San Diego on bad terms? I don't really remember what happened there. I think he'd make sense there since they need cornerback help badly and don't have a lot of cap space. The Bengals also make sense; they've rehabilitated a lot of veteran defenders over the past couple years.

Did Antonio Cromartie leave San Diego on bad terms? I don't really remember what happened there. I think he'd make sense there since they need cornerback help badly and don't have a lot of cap space. The Bengals also make sense; they've rehabilitated a lot of veteran defenders over the past couple years.

Even if he did, Norv is gone, and so is Smith. Unless he had specific beef with Spanos I doubt it'd interfere if they want to bring him back in.

Colasante

Apparently the Dolphins-Brandon Albert deal is close to locked down and they're moving onto other free agent targets. Now the Cardinals are interested in Jared Veldheer at left tackle. If you plug in Veldheer and Jonathan Cooper into that offense, and finally unleash Andre Ellington, the Cardinals might become a serious playoff contender next season.

And, per PFT, the Titans are trying to trade Chris Johnson. With that contract, it's not going to happen.

So after it was supposedly all but set in stone that we would get Albert, now Miami is getting him and we are really interested in Veldheer. Oh FA rumors. Can't wait for Tuesday. Veldheer might be a better option than Albert anyway as he's younger and doesn't have the back issue which is a concern with heavier men. Thoughts?

cajunator

Banned
How do you feel about all these releases?

Theyre all getting older and less reliable. Sproles would be the main loss that could really affect the team. The others as much as I liked most of them have been expendable. At some point a team has to let go of some great players and move on. Its time for that. Graham will get a huge contract so it has to be done.

squicken

So after it was supposedly all but set in stone that we would get Albert, now Miami is getting him and we are really interested in Veldheer. Oh FA rumors. Can't wait for Tuesday. Veldheer might be a better option than Albert anyway as he's younger and doesn't have the back issue which is a concern with heavier men. Thoughts?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/car...sights-on-oakland-raiders-jared-veldheer.html

Somers saying interest in Saffold has cooled. Makes sense if he wants LT money. He isn't going to get what the top FA LTs make

Chris Johnson on the trade block according to PFT. Wouldn't be surprised if he's cut if he can't be traded.

Jared Allen and the Vikings have parted ways, too.

MRSA

Banned
Lakers pls

First game I've watched in ages and they're beating the Thunder. Too bad they'll blow it in the 4th.

....and that exonerates Nicks from being a half-assed pussy last year how? Eli was shit, but then so was just about every aspect of the offense from top to bottom outside of Pugh and Cruz.

He knows his value is shit after he dogged it in a contract year and the Giants want nothing to do with him. How many receivers that the Giants have let go over the years have amounted to anything once they left? .....right.

It absolutely doesn't and I said as much with "as bad as Nicks was" in the first line of the post.

I'm just saying Eli is definitely not above reproach for his play last year.

For the record, I've already stated my concerns with Nicks. I don't want him on the Panthers.

I'm just saying Eli is definitely not above reproach for his play last year.

Of course he's not and I've said it more than anyone but then Eli is responsible for that ring Nicks is wearing today. He can go fuck himself for inferring last year was on anyone but himself. He got plenty of targets and opportunities and his way of repaying his QB was mailing it in when the team was struggling.

Apparently the Dolphins-Brandon Albert deal is close to locked down and they're moving onto other free agent targets. Now the Cardinals are interested in Jared Veldheer at left tackle. If you plug in Veldheer and Jonathan Cooper into that offense, and finally unleash Andre Ellington, the Cardinals might become a serious playoff contender next season.

And, per PFT, the Titans are trying to trade Chris Johnson. With that contract, it's not going to happen.

Cards were serious playoff contenders last year. It's a tough life in the best division in the league :(

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/car...sights-on-oakland-raiders-jared-veldheer.html

Somers saying interest in Saffold has cooled. Makes sense if he wants LT money. He isn't going to get what the top FA LTs make

I'd rather have Veldheer, Monroe, and maybe even Collins anyway. I'm guessing we haven't shown interest in Monroe because of the money he wants maybe? Jurecki is saying that we have Albert, Veldheer, and Saffold ranked higher and somehow I doubt that. What do you think of Veldheer? He's seemed to be a pretty elite talent but with some injury concerns perhaps. I should ask Artful about him. I know he's good, just wondering if he's worth the money given injuries? They don't concern me as much as Albert's back, however.

I'd rather have Veldheer, Monroe, and maybe even Collins anyway. I'm guessing we haven't shown interest in Monroe because of the money he wants maybe? Jurecki is saying that we have Albert, Veldheer, and Saffold ranked higher and somehow I doubt that. What do you think of Veldheer? He's seemed to be a pretty elite talent but with some injury concerns perhaps. I should ask Artful about him. I know he's good, just wondering if he's worth the money given injuries? They don't concern me as much as Albert's back, however.

How much money for signing do the Cardinals have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom