• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SKnAQkV.gif

So mesmerizing.

Of course he's not and I've said it more than anyone but then Eli is responsible for that ring Nicks is wearing today. He can go fuck himself for inferring last year was on anyone but himself. He got plenty of targets and opportunities and his way of repaying his QB was mailing it in when the team was struggling.

Can't blame Nicks for throwing Eli under the bus.

I've been dreaming of doing the same thing for years now.

squicken

I'd rather have Veldheer, Monroe, and maybe even Collins anyway. I'm guessing we haven't shown interest in Monroe because of the money he wants maybe? Jurecki is saying that we have Albert, Veldheer, and Saffold ranked higher and somehow I doubt that. What do you think of Veldheer? He's seemed to be a pretty elite talent but with some injury concerns perhaps. I should ask Artful about him. I know he's good, just wondering if he's worth the money given injuries? They don't concern me as much as Albert's back, however.

I really don't know much about Veldheer. I know he was slowed by injuries last year. Maybe that is why everyone is after him; think they can get him on a discount and he is also younger

MRSA

Banned
Jumping on the jakncoke signature diet.

MD 20/20

While I was at the ghetto liquor store I noticed they had a vile flavor of MD 20/20......Habanero Lime-A-Rita........disgusting.

I really don't know much about Veldheer. I know he was slowed by injuries last year. Maybe that is why everyone is after him; think they can get him on a discount and he is also younger

Yeah I believe it is. He missed most of last season with a triceps injury but I don't think he was prone before that. He seemed to be one of the premier LTs before that and he's young. He will be cheaper than Albert and Monroe so could be a nice option for us and hope we can get him for a discount coming off that injury. I mean, he won't be cheap but definitely cheaper than he would have been.

I'd rather have Veldheer, Monroe, and maybe even Collins anyway. I'm guessing we haven't shown interest in Monroe because of the money he wants maybe? Jurecki is saying that we have Albert, Veldheer, and Saffold ranked higher and somehow I doubt that. What do you think of Veldheer? He's seemed to be a pretty elite talent but with some injury concerns perhaps. I should ask Artful about him. I know he's good, just wondering if he's worth the money given injuries? They don't concern me as much as Albert's back, however.

This year was the first time he's missed any games. If you go by 2012, he is a little better than Albert and Monroe, his 2013 tape isn't very good though.

He's a better pass blocker than run blocker, but can't handle elite or speedy rushers. If he goes to the NFC West, I think he's gonna have a rough time, to be honest.

This year was the first time he's missed any games. If you go by 2012, he is a little better than Albert and Monroe, his 2013 tape isn't very good though.

He's a better pass blocker than run blocker, but can't handle elite or speedy rushers. If he goes to the NFC West, I think he's gonna have a rough time, to be honest.

Oh really? That's disappointing to hear. Well, you just have to trust your FO to evaluate a player well before signing him I suppose. I just want to know how we ultimately address LT for this season and am getting a bit antsy. I loved Keim's moves last year so hoping we get some more savvy veteran deals that end up a steal like Abraham and Dansby last year. Not to mention we'll finally get to the stage where we can make as accurate a mock draft as you're able to.

MRSA

Banned
Oh really? That's disappointing to hear. Well, you just have to trust your FO to evaluate a player well before signing him I suppose. I just want to know how we ultimately address LT for this season and am getting a bit antsy. I loved Keim's moves last year so hoping we get some more savvy veteran deals that end up a steal like Abraham and Dansby last year. Not to mention we'll finally get to the stage where we can make as accurate a mock draft as you're able to.

I really think Veldheer over trained last offseason which lead him to tear his triceps. The guy is massive, which makes you think he would be an amazing run blocker. He's average as a run blocker and above average as a pass blocker. He doesn't handle speed guys very well.

But to let you know about his athleticism or how dumb the coaching staff is. He started at center as a rookie. The mother fucker is 6'8

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
At about what height do players start getting bad knees and shorter careers?

I figured that was the reason that even 6'8" was pretty much a rarity in the NFL.

I really think Veldheer over trained last offseason which lead him to tear his triceps. The guy is massive, which makes you think he would be an amazing run blocker. He's average as a run blocker and above average as a pass blocker. He doesn't handle speed guys very well.

But to let you know about his athleticism or how dumb the coaching staff is. He started at center as a rookie. The mother fucker is 6'8

Yeah not sure what Cable was thinking there, it was only one game though, since then nothing but LT.

MRSA

Banned
Yeah not sure what Cable was thinking there, it was only one game though, since then nothing but LT.

He had spot duties as backup center because that pussy Samson would go down every time he would miss a block. Oh god Mario Henderson......where is that fat fuck?

rando14

Rashard Mendenhall - Why I retired at 26

Interesting read.

What was more difficult for me to grasp was the way that the business of entertainment had really shifted the game and the sport of football in the NFL. The culture of football now is very different from the one I grew up with. When I came up, teammates fought together for wins and got respect for the fight. The player who gave the ball to the referee after a touchdown was commended; the one who played through injury was tough; the role of the blocking tight end was acknowledged; running backs who picked up blitzing linebackers showed heart; and the story of the game was told through the tape, and not the stats alone. That was my model of football.

Today, game-day cameras follow the most popular players on teams; guys who dance after touchdowns are extolled on Dancing With the Starters; games are analyzed and brought to fans without any use of coaches tape; practice non-participants are reported throughout the week for predicted fantasy value; and success and failure for skill players is measured solely in stats and fantasy points. This is a very different model of football than the one I grew up with. My older brother coaches football at the high-school and youth level. One day he called me and said, "These kids don't want to work hard. All they wanna do is look cool, celebrate after plays, and get more followers on Instagram!" I told him that they might actually have it figured out.

Yeah I remember a thread on the Cards forum a month or two ago about he ripped he is and someone thought he was using PEDs but another pointed out he doesn't shoe the other physical signs of being on any. Since he has the strength and size, I have no doubts our coaching staff could coach him up to get better at run blocking. They did some impressive things with utter scrubs so I can only imagine what they'd do with a real talent to work with. Pass blocking is what I care about most in Arians' system and above average would be amazing after what we've had at the position for years and years. He's still young, perhaps our staff could help prepare him for premier rushers.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m

Raiders have been talking with several tackles, including Monroe and Saffold. Buccaneers have talked with Saffold and Collins.

That's interesting. I wouldn't mind Monroe coming in over Veldheer.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gonna be at least a week before the next prison update. Probably 2. Been prepping for an executive presentation that's been eating up all my time. :(

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 15m

Sources predict for tackle market: Albert to Dolphins, Veldheer to Cardinals, Saffold to Raiders,. Collins to Buccaneers, Monroe to Ravens

That would suck.

Baltimore Sun report says Saffold to #Raiders for $8M per year. Veldeer to #Cardinals for $7M-$7.5M per year

oh my god

If Saffold is coming to the Raiders, I hope it's to play OG. Still too much money.

And if Veldy is taking less money to play somewhere else, he can eat a bag of dicks.

1. Mendenhall was drafted in 2008. ALLLLLL the way back in 2008! news flash, football (NFL and otherwise) has always been and always will be about money.
2. I've been playing fantasy football since the early 2000's. Not sure why he thinks this is a new thing. Maybe he's talking about twitter. Still bitter about getting busted for his 9/11 truther talk
3. I don't get what he means by games are brought and analyzed without use of coaches film. For the first time in NFL history starting 2 years ago, all fans have access to All-22 Coach film
4. Players are penalized for excessive celebration
5. I hear commentators and analysis shows talk about how well TE's and RB's block all the time.
6. Rashard Mendenhall is a member of al qaeda

rando14

1. Mendenhall was drafted in 2008. ALLLLLL the way back in 2008! news flash, football (NFL and otherwise) has always been and always will be about money.
2. I've been playing fantasy football since the early 2000's. Not sure why he thinks this is a new thing. Maybe he's talking about twitter. Still bitter about getting busted for his 9/11 truther talk
3. I don't get what he means by games are brought and analyzed without use of coaches film. For the first time in NFL history starting 2 years ago, all fans have access to All-22 Coach film
4. Players are penalized for excessive celebration
5. I hear commentators and analysis shows talk about how well TE's and RB's block all the time.
6. Rashard Mendenhall is a member of al qaeda

:jnccc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom