• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
If you include Hardy's deal (which could potentially change at some point, they are still working on a long-term deal with a smaller cap hit per season) they have about 9 million in cap room. But they also have 17 players due to become free agents. You can't replace all of those players in the draft.

The only ones I'd really feel about about losing are Mitchell and Ginn, but neither are worth the price of winning a bidding war. Gross's retirement really put us behind the eight ball for improving the offense and we just don't have the cap room/draft picks to fill all our holes without creating new ones. Franchising Hardy was the smart move because it at least keeps that side of the ball solid even if the offense takes a step back. We already squandered the cap friendly years of Cam's career, let's not hamstring his prime by making more bad deals now. I'd have no problem with a pseudo-rebuilding year to set the stage for a more consistent run of success from 2015 on.

I usually don't have much to say about video games lately, but yes, Damn right. Costume Quest is awesome.
A bit repetitive but fun, yeah. I hope they add some depth to the combat system. Love the general atmosphere of the game otherwise. Fun little diversion and my daughter loved it.

Bread

Banned
All hail Tom, Bill, BOB and JJ!

It's a great day to be American!!

patriots-630x420.jpg

squicken

So, guys who are more versed in the draft than me, what is more likely for the Vikings in the first round? A QB or DB? LB?

Any rumors of free agents they've been linked to? Aside from AP campaigning for Vick in Twitter, which I don't really want.

I think their big moves were keeping Griffen and Cassell. As far as the draft, it's just too hard to say. Doesn't seem like Cassell is good enough to prevent them from drafting a QB, but maybe they promised him a year to start while they tried to develop a later round guy.

rando14

It was $9m/yr and now it is $8m/yr. That's what Bennett makes, so it's hard to see him getting that. Though I kind of think Bennett took a discount to stay in SEA. Wonder if Tate will too

I'm a bit perplexed about this. He stated clearly he wasn't going to give SEA a discount and wanted a big pay day, and then rumors popped up about wanting to play with his bro in CHI, etc.

Rumors were that CHI was offering 8.5, looks like we about matched that. That, in combination with possible postseason bonus, no income tax, etc must be the ultimate reasons.

I'm a bit perplexed about this. He stated clearly he wasn't going to give SEA a discount and wanted a big pay day, and then rumors popped up about wanting to play with his bro in CHI, etc.

Rumors were that CHI was offering 8.5, looks like we about matched that. That, in combination with possible postseason bonus, no income tax, etc must be the ultimate reasons.

Dont forget free adderal!

just kidding

squicken

I

He must've really like it there. Or the Vikings really, really miscalculated the market for Griffen. Can't blame him for staying if the money was the same everywhere. I thought the Bucs would be involved but that never seemed to happen

SummitAve

Banned
So, guys who are more versed in the draft than me, what is more likely for the Vikings in the first round? A QB or DB? LB?

Any rumors of free agents they've been linked to? Aside from AP campaigning for Vick in Twitter, which I don't really want.

The only way they don't draft a QB in the first is if all the main talkers are already taken, and they can safely get another one of their options in the 2nd or 3rd.

I think I heard some rumblings about Cincinnati D players following Mike Zimmer over, and about reuniting Sproles with Norv Turner.

squicken

@JasonLaCanfora: When the Dolphins announce their deal with T Branden Albert, he will end up getting $10M/season.

Good to be a tackle. I think the other shoe on this is Lewan and Zach Martin go far earlier than any mock drafts have them going

Damn that is a lot of money for a guy seen as an okay LT. Hopefully he will step in and play well. If the Fins get even decent OL play they should be a scary team next year.

Houston and Veldheer don't like they're going to get alot of money in FA might as well come back to Oakland.

(If We don't nab Veldheer, we should get Monroe, and Saffold)

Damn that is a lot of money for a guy seen as an okay LT. Hopefully he will step in and play well. If the Fins get even decent OL play they should be a scary team next year.

I really hope Lazor can improved Tannehills deep ball and pocket presence/footwork. With a half decent oline (especially in the 2nd half of games) we win at least 2 extra games.

I really hope Lazor can improved Tannehills deep ball and pocket presence/footwork. With a half decent oline (especially in the 2nd half of games) we win at least 2 extra games.

Lazor is gonna have Tanny throwing Lasers all over the field, they will actually run with big leads and in short yardage situations, Wallace will actually catch wide open passes, and without all the Martin stuff going on the team will bond and play great together. The Fins are gonna run away with the division next year!

Lazor is gonna have Tanny throwing Lasers all over the field, they will actually run with big leads and in short yardage situations, Wallace will actually catch wide open passes, and without all the Martin stuff going on the team will bond and play great together. The Fins are gonna run away with the division next year!
Thank you for being our honorary kas, my friend.

It's a very complicated deal. There are bonuses and outs based on his health. But the first two years are $8m guaranteed, then the next two $9m but not guaranteed

Well I hope Albert can get through the whole year at least. Seems like the dolphins didn't even consider Monroe

Next year will be our Return of the Jedi when we finally bring down the empire and restore peace in the universe.

Colasante

Source says two clubs (one presumably being the Bears) were willing to outbid Seattle for Michael Bennett, but he wanted to stay with champs.

Michael Bennett four-year deal $28.5 million, $10 million in '14, $16 million over two years, $21 million over three, $16 million guaranteed

Dynasty discount.

squicken

And losers' curse for Tampa

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Source says two clubs (one presumably being the Bears) were willing to outbid Seattle for Michael Bennett, but he wanted to stay with champs

Figured he took some discount, but who knows how much really. It does suck that they get good talent more cheaply than the Rams, who have to overpay. Not that the Rams haven't wasted their chance with all the awful drafting they do

Thank you for being our honorary kas, my friend.

No problem bubby, just got to believe. It is clearly coming sooner rather then later.

Well I hope Albert can get through the whole year at least. Seems like the dolphins didn't even consider Monroe

Next year will be our Return of the Jedi when we finally bring down the empire and restore peace in the universe.

Brady is very much a whiny bitch like Anikan. No doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom