• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Byrd Watch 2014 Update:

@AdamHBeasley said:
Pump the brakes on the Jairus Byrd-to-Miami talk, people. I'm hearing that's a smokescreen.

It really is impossible to know what is and isn't true, this time of year. We'll just have to wait until 4 PM tomorrow to know for sure.

Byrd Watch 2014 Update:

It really is impossible to know what is and isn't true, this time of year. We'll just have to wait until 4 PM tomorrow to know for sure.

Armando from Miami Herald said the Albert deal wasn't 100% either, I won't believe everything until he's actually signed with the team.

Hahaha. You're incorrigible. I'll give you that.

How so? I think games are about having fun, as does a decently sized group on GAF. I know we are the minority, but nothing wrong with that. I am glad TF seems to be reviewing well since I know there are actually people that base their purchasing decisions on a score, and I would hate for them to miss out on a fun game just because it doesnt have enough p's. I would have hated for people to miss out on KZ:SF just because of its low resolution as well.

Dragon

Banned
How so? I think games are about having fun, as does a decently sized group on GAF. I know we are the minority, but nothing wrong with that. I am glad TF seems to be reviewing well since I know there are actually people that base their purchasing decisions on a score, and I would hate for them to miss out on a fun game just because it doesnt have enough p's. I would have hated for people to miss out on KZ:SF just because of its low resolution as well.

I never said games weren't about having fun. I think discounting criticism of games for technical reasons because they're fun is missing the point though. You can have a fun game have major technical issues like Shadow of the Colossus. Putting your fingers in your ears and saying la la la while a game looks the way Titanfall does is pretty dumb though.

Say what you want about KZ (I thought the campaign was utterly forgettable), at least it doesn't have the balls to charge 60 dollars for a multiplayer only game.

I don't even like videogames

So you're just a masochist who enjoys being beaten by FMT in Killer Instinct?

I never said games weren't about having fun. I think discounting criticism of games for technical reasons because they're fun is missing the point though. You can have a fun game have major technical issues like Shadow of the Colossus. Putting your fingers in your ears and saying la la la while a game looks the way Titanfall does is pretty dumb though.

Say what you want about KZ (I thought the campaign was utterly forgettable), at least it doesn't have the balls to charge 60 dollars for a multiplayer only game.

So you're just a masochist who enjoys being beaten by FMT in Killer Instinct?
I beat fmt too

So, guys who are more versed in the draft than me, what is more likely for the Vikings in the first round? A QB or DB? LB?

Any rumors of free agents they've been linked to? Aside from AP campaigning for Vick in Twitter, which I don't really want.

gutshot

Sounds like the Browns may not be a bidder for Byrd either.

Mark Kay Cabot is reporting that the Cleveland Browns are "very serious'' about signing safety Donte Whitner and they're one of his top choices.

The Browns' pursuit of Whitner would seem to explain why they didn't inquire about Bills free safety Jairus Byrd on Saturday, the first day of the negotiating period. Byrd's position overlaps more with that of Gipson, while Whitner would be a big-hitting run-stopper to replace Ward.

I understand the sentiment and I'll hold off on going too much into things until we see sales figures - but people seem more than willing to pay $60 for better or worse. Market will bear what it will bear. Until people give them a reason not to price it at $60....

Dragon

Banned
I understand the sentiment and I'll hold off on going too much into things until we see sales figures - but people seem more than willing to pay $60 for better or worse. Market will bear what it will bear. Until people give them a reason not to price it at $60....

Yeah I mean obviously it's just my opinion, I'm terrible at competitive games for various reasons, which is why my interest in something like Titanfall isn't big.

I love mp shooters, so I have no problem at all paying $60 for one, as long as it is fun and will have a decent sized community. I would much rather pay $60 for an mp only game, then a sp only game.

Smokey

5mPQjR9.gif

Schaub in NY with that media pls. Lawd pls let it happen

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Anymore in my old age I play shooters for the story mode so I have little interest in Titanfall. I just can't dominate like I used to back during the original CoD and BF1942. I prefer bolt action rifles too!

Colasante

Top FA CB Alterraun Verner tells @MadDogRadio the Patriots are "definitely a possibility." (Devin) McCourty "lobbying" for it.

Do it, Bill. If we can't keep Talib, get another good corner who actually has a working hip.

Wes

venison crêpe
Eric Branch ‏ @ Eric_Branch
Source: # Browns, # Bears, # Jets have expressed most interest in S Donte Whitner. # 49ers “still pushing” to retain him.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot
Source told http://cleveland.com # Browns "are very serious'' about signing Cleveland native Donte Whitner, 49ers safety. He'd replace Ward

Dustin Fox ‏ @ DustinFox37
Based on a source close to Donte Whitner, He is likely headed to the # Browns when the signing period begins.

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ
On eve of free agency, # Browns reportedly eyeing Pro Bowl safeties Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner

Would Whitner be cheaper than TJ Ward then? Otherwise is there much point?

What the fuck is happening today that is causing GAF's servers all sorts of problems?

TF review thread? I have no idea.

Someone just posted this:
The gaming media is financially invested in the success of titanfall. Without an even console war, there would be no fanboy battles on forums racking up click counts.

The same thing happened with mario galaxy. That game was average at best.
Forums and muted videos are the way to go.

I like that Mario Galaxy getting good scores was a conspiracy to get people arguing, even though pretty much everyone agreed that it deserved all the praise. .

Thought it was certainly possible, wasn't sure it would actually happen though. They are definitely going to focus on defense early in the draft and possibly free agency now.

Worilds and Jones at OLB and Williams and Troy at ILB? Ugh. We used to be Linebacker U but that is not a starting 4-some to put fear into our enemies.

Wes

venison crêpe
@ClaytonESPN

Jason Babin voided the final two years of his Jacksonville Jaguars contract and is now a free agent.

Do you guys even have cap room?

If you include Hardy's deal (which could potentially change at some point, they are still working on a long-term deal with a smaller cap hit per season) they have about 9 million in cap room. But they also have 17 players due to become free agents. You can't replace all of those players in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom