• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt that thread will be a bloodbath. Online only, and Xbox console exclusive, god I shudder to think about all the banings it will produce.

I don't think anyone expected Titanfall to not be a good game. Even the most ardent Xbox haters would say it looks fun.

I just think people shudder when you throw out phrases like "revolutionary", "industry-changing", or "genre-defining" about it.

gutshot

I think the Eagles will be players for Byrd. They are just doing their usual thing where they lay low, see what the market is and then come in right at market value. They don't want to drive up the price by getting in a public bidding war. This is how they operate.

That being said, I can also see them getting priced out if other teams start bidding for Byrd's services and it escalates to a number that is too high for Howie and Co. I wouldn't necessarily be against signing Mitchell as a backup plan, in that case, but they'd better also look to take one of the top safeties in the draft.

I don't think anyone expected Titanfall to not be a good game. Even the most ardent Xbox haters would say it looks fun.

I just think people shudder when you throw out phrases like "revolutionary", "industry-changing", or "genre-defining" about it.

Who has said any of those things about it? The review thread just claimed its first idiot.

Yeah definitely babies first shooter. They even give you infinite AI that won't fight back so even FMT gets kills.

But those kills dont really count for anything, they just speed up your timer a bit. They even have modes without the AI if it offends your sensibilities so much.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
If #Jets release Mark Sanchez, their QB list will include Josh McCown, Michael Vick… & Matt Schaub if he’s released. They’re high on Schaub

5mPQjR9.gif

gutshot

Speaking of backup plans at safety, the Eagles are also rumored to have interest in Antoine Bethea.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/03/10/monday-open-thread-free-agency-buzz/

Mike Mitchell has been mentioned quite a bit, but he's not the only safety the Eagles are looking at. Antoine Bethea is also a player of interest from what we hear. The nine-year vet has played in all 16 games each of the last six seasons for the Colts. He had 110 tackles, a sack and two interceptions in 2013. He turns 30 in July. -- TM

ShaneB

Agreed. I'm sure it's fun, but to say any of those things about a new FPS is completly ridiculous in my opinion.

gutshot

Like I said, I think they will be players for Byrd, but they shouldn't just sign him and damn the consequences. They need to maintain cap flexibility heading into next offseason where they are going to have a number of key guys whose rookie contracts are expiring.

Put it this way, do you want to break the bank for a guy like Byrd even if it means you'd have to let Brandon Boykin walk next year? I sure don't.

cdyhybrid

is Titanfall another one of those My Little FPS games with respawn?

It's CoD with mechs.

However, the spawns/maps are much better (at least the ones I played in the beta) than in CoD so there isn't nearly as much spawn, shot in the back, spawn, shot in the back, etc.

squicken

It's CoD with mechs.

However, the spawns/maps are much better (at least the ones I played in the beta) than in CoD so there isn't nearly as much spawn, shot in the back, spawn, shot in the back, etc.

I liked when I played against dudes who were on 24/7, knew every spawn point, and would just randomly chuck grenades to those areas.

Spawn, explode, spawn, explode

eznark

Banned
Titanfall is better. You can just chill in a corner and auto-pistol people and laugh your ass off at the Respawn Easy Button.

Pretty annoyed that there aren't private lobbies. I don't want to just randomly kill Bob. I want to set it up so I can spend a match exclusively killing Bob.

Hey Futurevoid, what's your final verdict on Lords of Shadow 2? I passed because of the negative reviews and comments in the OT but I'd still like to pick it up someday for $30 or so if it's worth playing.

squicken

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver
As @RapSheet reported, Jets high on Schaub. Could fight it out with... Raiders.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seahawks have emerged as the favorite to land free-agent DT Michael Bennett, and keep him in Seattle, per sources.

A bidding war for Schoob between the Jets and Raiders

Hey Futurevoid, what's your final verdict on Lords of Shadow 2? I passed because of the negative reviews and comments in the OT but I'd still like to pick it up someday for $30 or so if it's worth playing.
I'm about 17 or so hours in and it's a big mash-up of great and pure shit. The stealth sections are abhorrent but when you're in the castle, its a really nice update to the previous game. The boss battles are great and a highlight. Wait for it to drop to $20 and I say go for it. I didn't pay anything for it so perhaps my hate isn't as strong because of that.:)

EDIT: Runs like a dream on my PC. 1080p/60fps constant and looks really nice considering it target last gen machines. Some screens:

http://i7.minus.com/iOJj6rWERgX4R.jpg
http://i1.minus.com/ibflB5o0XU1bIY.jpg
http://i1.minus.com/ibcQeYqiBtOjLK.jpg

cdyhybrid

Paul Allen money

Edit:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1m ago
On Michael Bennett: He spent time in the Seahawks facility yesterday. Wants to return. SEA pushing hard. Bears turning attention elsewhere

1EzOCiC.gif

I'm about 17 or so hours in and it's a big mash of great and shit. The stealth sections are abhorrent but when you're in the castle, its a really nice update to the previous games. The boss battles are great and a highlight. Wait for it to drop to $20 and I say go for it. I didn't pay anything for it so perhaps my hate isn't as strong because of that.:)
Sounds good, thanks. My expectations are pretty low now so I should get some enjoyment out of it. I absolutely loved the first game so even if this is close to as good I think it's worth playing for me.

Sounds good, thanks. My expectations are pretty low now so I should get some enjoyment out of it. I absolutely loved the first game so even if this is close to as good I think it's worth playing for me.
In some ways its worst, in others its better. Its a frustrating experience because for every good idea implemented there's something there to piss you off. I've heard the ending is complete garbage which will piss me off as I'm digging the story progression thus far. It helps that Patrick Stewart isn't mailing it in this time. I posted some screens from the PC version in my previous post. If you can, play it on PC.

MechDX

As @RapSheet reported, Jets high on Schaub. Could fight it out with... Raiders.

Twitter

Oooooo Schaub fight! Trade him for a 7th!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom