• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

So happy to hear we were able to keep Bennett, especially at that price. We can totally keep Tate and Hauschka as well now, and then draft a big DL to be big red's replacement.

No problem bubby, just got to believe. It is clearly coming sooner rather then later.

Brady is very much a whiny bitch like Anikan. No doubt about that.

A72smTxCEAElmeE.jpg:small

They don't even try to hide it,

Man Wilson is totally going to take a team friendly deal, isnt he? Seahawks fans you guys are so fucking lucky.

jnc Chris! they are even making the same expression. That is to good.

Giants will cut Center David Baas:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/03/giants_cutting_center_david_baas_per_sources.html

That tells me they likely have something lined up at center for FA. Either they have Evan Dietrich-Smith close or Brian de la Puente.

Also, Josh Brown and Trumaine McBride have apparently also been wrapped up and will return to the team.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/3/1...h-brown-trumaine-mcbride-rumors-news-signings

Two year deal for McBride. No word on Brown but we should get some info soon.

Colasante

Here we go. Per Ian Rappaport, "The #Panthers are attempting to trade WR Steve Smith, per source. Given his $7M cap number and age (34), seems unlikely." Sorry Grover. I honestly can't imagine the Panthers without Smith.

Fox318

Here we go. Per Ian Rappaport, "The #Panthers are attempting to trade WR Steve Smith, per source. Given his $7M cap number and age (34), seems unlikely." Sorry Grover. I honestly can't imagine the Panthers without Smith.

Dude is locker room cancer. Good player but insane.

I can see Washington going for him.

Talamius

Wait, we kept Byron "Fuck, I just whiffed on a block again" Bell and are letting Steve Smith go?

See you guys in the playoffs
in 2019 :(

That'd be a damn good receiving core, though I was under the impression that PHI was shopping djax?

I dont see anyway that is true. He really makes that offense work. Teams have to keep a safety back out of fear of his speed. No one else gets doubled on the team.
steve-carrell-office.gif

EDIT: I would much rather trade him, than cut him. At least get something from it.

Would you be cool with a 6th round pick for him? Then again I would think teams would rather wait for him to get cut and sign a low base incentive contract with him.

Talamius

Would you be cool with a 6th round pick for him? Then again I would think teams would rather wait for him to get cut and sign a low base incentive contract with him.

Anything is better than nothing. If we are letting him go then I hope he at least goes to a contender, despite being somewhat insane. Years of Delhomme (post playoff blowout loss), Chris Weinke, Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen throwing errant ducks to you will make you crazy.

JABEE

I read on Twitter that John Clayton said the Eagles checked in on Byrd. If his price keeps going down, I'm going to be very happy.

Hurneynomics is a miserable business. Gettleman's gotta do what he's gotta do. I get that. 89's being paid way too much for a player his age and at his current level of production.

But still losing Gross and Smitty in one off-season...damn.

Dude is locker room cancer. Good player but insane.

I can see Washington going for him.

That's a point I hadn't thought of. The Panthers have learned to deal and feed off of 89's crazy. That's not going to play in every locker room.

rando14

Did I miss something, why is byrd's number dropping? He should be the highest paid safety in the league, no? Eric Berry's making like 8.5, byrd should make more than that I'd imagine

Did I miss something, why is byrd's number dropping? He should be the highest paid safety in the league, no? Eric Berry's making like 8.5, byrd should make more than that I'd imagine

I wonder if it is all just smokescreens by teams trying to will it down. Makes no sense at all.

Thank Tebow.

Good news about McBride. Thought he played quite well last year. I am expecting him to compete for the starting job opposite Prince.

Some good info:

Kunal Shah @KSIXI · 7m

Trumaine McBride's 2013 stats: 73 targets, 32 receptions, 43.8 percent catch rate, 11.5 YPC allowed, 2 TDs allowed, 2 INTs, 8 PDs.

Team apparently got him cheap fr two years, too. Good stuff if we did. Still need depth and a plan moving forward. I wouldn't rule out a CB at 12. He and Amukamara is all we have unless Hosely decides to finally develop into something.

EDIT: Dolphins update:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 3m

Dolphins released CB Dimitri Patterson, per source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom